***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Depends on who the audience is. I'm sure Northwestern and Rutgers are jealous of Fran's success. A typical Big Ten program, not so much.

# of times being a Top 4 seed in B1G Tourney from 2011-2019:
Michigan State- 7
Wisconsin- 7
Purdue- 6
Michigan- 4
Ohio State- 4
Maryland- 3 (joined in the 2014-15 season)
Indiana- 2
Nebraska- 2
Minnesota- 1
Iowa- 0

And Iowa lost to a 12 and 13 seed the two years they were a 5 seed. So yeah, I suppose foolish might be the right word.

7. Is that bad? Feels bad.

He's just coming into his prime. I think he definitely has a good enough squad this year to get upset in the 2nd round.

vVkoPPU.gif

don't rely on hs games for all my info. I use their HS accomplishments like 1st team or 2nd team. Mr.BB. Gatorade POY, did the lead a winning team or did the play on a weak team,

Kris and Keegan were both 1st and 2nd Team all State players
Toussaint was the NYC Chaampionship MVP after leading his team to the NYC Championship, NY has just 2 classes and this was the large class championship, hardly a scrub nor are the Murray twins.

the only one that could/will be a starter as a FR is PG Toussaint

Fredrick led his team as their PG to the Kentucky single class State Championship earning 1st Team All State and the Kentucky Gatorade POY.
these are not walk on players, solid 4 year players yes no different than Marble, Basabe, White or even Moss, all players that never received major offers. even Jordan with Wieskamp, Patrick or Connor received these major offers that you so desperately try to use to judge recruits by.
So what you are saying is that you’ve actually never seen any of them play?

Depends on who the audience is. I'm sure Northwestern and Rutgers are jealous of Fran's success. A typical Big Ten program, not so much.

Michigan State- 7
Wisconsin- 7
Purdue- 6
Michigan- 4
Ohio State- 4
Indiana- 2
Nebraska- 2
Minnesota- 1
Iowa- 0

And Iowa lost to a 12 and 13 seed the two years they were a 5 seed. So yeah, I suppose foolish might be the right word.
IN the 1st NCAAT they lost in the playing game to Tennessee in OT, Fran flew in right before the game after his son Patrick had just come out of surgery to deteremine if what was tumorous, the whole team had something far more important on their minds than just a BB game

in year 2 they received a 7 seed winning the 1st round game then as a 7 seed lost to the #2 seed Gonzaga,
in year 3 they received a 7 seed in which they won another 1st rnd game then in the 2nd game they lost to the #2 seed Villanova won went on to win the NCAAT

not exactly bottom feeders now are they.
last year they they received a 10 seed and beat #7 seed Cincinnate then lost to the #2 seed Tennessee in OT

NEXT time get your damn facts straight, oh that's right you don't know jack shit about Iowa BB so why don't you just STFU.

IN the 1st NCAAT they lost in the playing game to Tennessee in OT, Fran flew in right before the game after his son Patrick had just come out of surgery to deteremine if what was tumorous, the whole team had something far more important on their minds than just a BB game

in year 2 they received a 7 seed winning the 1st round game then as a 7 seed lost to the #2 seed Gonzaga,
in year 3 they received a 7 seed in which they won another 1st rnd game then in the 2nd game they lost to the #2 seed Villanova won went on to win the NCAAT

last year they they received a 10 seed and beat #7 seed Cincinnate then lost to the #2 seed Tennessee in OT

NEXT time get your damn facts straight, oh that's right you don't know jack shit about Iowa BB so why don't you just STFU.

JTFC dude, he's talking about the B1G Tourney, not the NCAA tourney. Doesn't matter. Iowa sucks in both.

Was my statement not factual? Here's another nugget for you. Northern Iowa has won more NCAA Tournament games this decade than Iowa.

So what you are saying is that you’ve actually never seen any of them play?
have you?

have a couple friends that saw the Twins while they played at a Cedar Rapids school, said that were mid major prospects also knew that Fran was not interested as they were both 6'5 165-170 lbs,

now after Assistant Coach Taylor went down the DME Exhibition to watch a different player, he saw the twins play and they both had grown to 6'8 with both being over 200 lbs, both have grown physically and mentally, Taylor the new coach had Fran come down to evaluate them, and Fran offered them both which came as a Shock. the biggest thing that kept the bigger programs away was they all were under the impression that it was a package deal.

the fact that they are now 6'8 and can play defense, dribble and shoot like guards is a plus. athletic vs the slower players in the past.

Trying to get Hail to turn on his lone friend is an ambitious move.
I’ve already said that SNU is over the top, but he does it because you guys bite at it all the time.
ahhh yes that’s why he engages in psychotic behavior. It’s OUR fault. Ha ha ha. Good one.

this just in, women are raped because of the way they dress. They’re asking for it. Glad we’ve settled that.

Was my statement not factual? Here's another nugget for you. Northern Iowa has won more NCAA Tournament games this decade than Iowa.
nope it was not factual
you clearly said they lost 2 1st rnd games and received a #5 seed, that is your problem you make shit up and try to pass it off as being a absolute fact, when in fact it is a outright non factual statement.

nope it was not factual
you clearly said they lost 2 1st rnd games and received a #5 seed, that is your problem you make shit up and try to pass it off as being a absolute fact, when in fact it is a outright non factual statement.

You must have missed the part where I said the Big Ten Tournament. I listed how many times Big Ten teams have been a top 4 seed in B1G Tourney from 2011-2019. It's okay, though, I kind of expect it at this point.

You must have missed the part where I said the Big Ten Tournament. I listed how many times Big Ten teams have been a top 4 seed in B1G Tourney from 2011-2019. It's okay, though, I kind of expect it at this point.

Welcome to the world of arguing with Gil. I gave it up long ago.

what-is-the-secret-to-eternal-happiness-to-not-argue-with-fools-sadanduselesscom-i-disagree-yes-you-are-right-m57Xn.jpg

Or if you prefer this one:

j0arguingwithidiotsislikeplayingchesswithapidgeon_j_Grey.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MGC_07
didn't miss anything as that was not the post that I responded to. and you know it now you are lying.

ahhh yes that’s why he engages in psychotic behavior. It’s OUR fault. Ha ha ha. Good one.

this just in, women are raped because of the way they dress. They’re asking for it. Glad we’ve settled that.

What a weird jump to take...

You guys troll SNU quite a bit. You know damn well you do. He trolls you guys, too. In your dependence analogy, the rape victims are innocent. In the back and forth b/s between SNU and Purdue posters you guys aren’t innocent. Comparing yourself to rapes victims in this scenario is really weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: SNU0821
didn't miss anything as that was not the post that I responded to. and you know it now you are lying.

You sure about that boss?

Michigan State- 7
Wisconsin- 7
Purdue- 6
Michigan- 4
Ohio State- 4
Indiana- 2
Nebraska- 2
Minnesota- 1
Iowa- 0

I was clearly talking about the Big Ten Tournament. In 2015, 5th seeded Iowa lost to 13th seeded Penn State. In 2016, 5th seeded Iowa lost to 12th seeded Illinois. You're welcome.

Reactions: MGC_07

Psychotic behavior? Jesus. Lol. You literally are a huge snowflake.

Interesting times ahead in the Big Ten with Beilein, Matta, and Bo gone, and with Izzo getting old — dudes like the Yoda of the Big Ten.

Bunch of coaches out there that seem to be well positioned to elevate their programs. Oh and then there’s Collins at Northwestern.
Check their board out. They still think he's going to be good.

have you?

have a couple friends that saw the Twins while they played at a Cedar Rapids school, said that were mid major prospects also knew that Fran was not interested as they were both 6'5 165-170 lbs,

now after Assistant Coach Taylor went down the DME Exhibition to watch a different player, he saw the twins play and they both had grown to 6'8 with both being over 200 lbs, both have grown physically and mentally, Taylor the new coach had Fran come down to evaluate them, and Fran offered them both which came as a Shock. the biggest thing that kept the bigger programs away was they all were under the impression that it was a package deal.

the fact that they are now 6'8 and can play defense, dribble and shoot like guards is a plus. athletic vs the slower players in the past.
I have not, but I have more trust in the people that have watched them, and ranked all of them low (outside of McCaffery) than you who just looks at their high school accomplishments. If they were any good, bigger programs would have found them. I’m sure all the players mentioned are good enough to lead Iowa to their usual 9th or 10th place finish.

I live in Indiana and follow basketball closely. I had literally never heard of Perkins until he committed to Iowa. He’s a mid-low major player.

Interesting times ahead in the Big Ten with Beilein, Matta, and Bo gone, and with Izzo getting old — dudes like the Yoda of the Big Ten.

Bunch of coaches out there that seem to be well positioned to elevate their programs. Oh and then there’s Collins at Northwestern.

Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ohio State all appear to have hired competent replacements for their school-legends. I hope MSU doesn’t.

I have not, but I have more trust in the people that have watched them, and ranked all of them low (outside of McCaffery) than you who just looks at their high school accomplishments. If they were any good, bigger programs would have found them. I’m sure all the players mentioned are good enough to lead Iowa to their usual 9th or 10th place finish.

I live in Indiana and follow basketball closely. I had literally never heard of Perkins until he committed to Iowa. He’s a mid-low major player.
hmmm NYHopps rates him the #1 PG in NYC and the #2 player in the state, with 247 rating him the 5th best player in the state of NY, ESPN grade him at #80 4* plus the finalist for NY Mr. BB

Fredrick Finalist for Kentucky's Mr. BB and Gatorade POY

Nunge was a 2 time 1st team All State in Indiana and runnerup in the voting for Indiana's Mr. BB

the Twin were a 1st team and 2nd team All state,

1st teamer's in Iowa or Indiana are not scrubs not considering how these that were former 1st teamers
Barnes
Uthoff
Woodbury
Jok
Jordan
Wieskamp
now Patrick.

no just tired of the best player leaving the state, seeing them go to Kansas or UNCheats was getting old, Top 50 Woodbury turned down UNCheats to play for Fran .

weren't you?
Yeah I’m gonna have to disagree. I’d rather see an elite recruit go to Duke or UK than Michigan as an MSU fan.

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT