***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah I agree. I think he’s a good recruiter, and I’m not sold on him as a coach, but his assistants will help a lot. He did a good job with the assistants

Yup between his May hire and right now things have gone about as well as anyone could have hoped. That could all be for nothing if he can’t coach in game but so far so good.

hmmm NYHopps rates him the #1 PG in NYC and the #2 player in the state, with 247 rating him the 5th best player in the state of NY, ESPN grade him at #80 4* plus the finalist for NY Mr. BB

Fredrick Finalist for Kentucky's Mr. BB and Gatorade POY

Nunge was a 2 time 1st team All State in Indiana and runnerup in the voting for Indiana's Mr. BB

the Twin were a 1st team and 2nd team All state,

1st teamer's in Iowa or Indiana are not scrubs not considering how these that were former 1st teamers
Barnes
Uthoff
Woodbury
Jok
Jordan
Wieskamp
now Patrick.
You realize every big ten player was on their state’s All-State team, right? That’s not an accomplishment.

If 247 has Toussaint rated so low, and still has him rated as the 5th best player in the state of NY, then it sounds like a down year for NY talent.

Nunge was runner up for Mr. Basketball because it was a down year in the state. JJJ went to La Lu. Paul Scruggs went to prep school. Brian Bowen was at La Lu with Epperson and Poole. The only player he beat out for runner up to Kris Wilkes was Malik Williams.

If 247 has Toussaint rated so low, and still has him rated as the 5th best player in the state of NY, then it sounds like a down year for NY talent

Probably helps that some of the best NYC kids transferred to further their careers. Cole Anthony (Oak Hill), Isaiah Stewart (La Lumiere School) and Precious Achiuwa (Montverde Academy) are a few that come to mind.

Reactions: KisteK and klize17
Isaiah Washington was NY Mr. Basketball. Now he plays for Iona.....

Yea, NY talent doesn't seem the same as it used to be, although as DD stated, it seems the best of the best play at prep schools these days.

New York has some ridiculous talent playing in college... Here are a few notables ones:

Jordan Nwora, Louisville
Cole Anthony, UNC
Isaiah Stewart, Washington
Anthony Lamb, Vermont
Alpha Diallo, Providence
Quinton Rose, Temple
Precious Achiuwa, Memphis
Obi Toppin, Dayton
Nathan Knight, William & Mary
Christina Vital, UConn
Elijah Hughes, Syracuse

You realize every big ten player was on their state’s All-State team, right? That’s not an accomplishment.

If 247 has Toussaint rated so low, and still has him rated as the 5th best player in the state of NY, then it sounds like a down year for NY talent.

Nunge was runner up for Mr. Basketball because it was a down year in the state. JJJ went to La Lu. Paul Scruggs went to prep school. Brian Bowen was at La Lu with Epperson and Poole. The only player he beat out for runner up to Kris Wilkes was Malik Williams.
keep telling yourself that is was down year with Iowa recruits getting the awards or accolades. Last summer Toussaint played with a bad shoulder so people didn't get a chance to see him 100%,
the same thing with Foster he started the AAU season off with a triple double of points, rebounds and blocks was invited to try out for USA team then suffered a foot injury that required surgery to put a pin in it at the end of the AAU season, not being able to compete, at the level he needed to keep that 5th * so he dropped out of the top 50,
Patrick was #21 5* until he didn't get a elite offer. the elite offer never came and he dropped out of the top 50, Patrick was the MVP of the National HS 3 on 3 championship and made the USA Olympic 3 on 3 team, after being invited to the USA Team tryouts.

Patrick was #21 5* until he didn't get a elite offer. the elite offer never came and he dropped out of the top 50,

giphy.gif

Collin Hartman at one time was a 5 star. Some players get passed up and drop. It happens. Take off your tin foil hat with the rankings against Iowa players bullshit

I keep telling jaycee the same thing just repeating what jayee keeps telling me that his uncle keeps posting on the Illinois board.
I'm just repeating what a guy who has been verified as his UNCLE is saying. Id bet the field against Iowa, and that field has a tornado in it.

I'm just repeating what a guy who has been verified as his UNCLE is saying. Id bet the field against Iowa, and that field has a tornado in it.
we will see on Nov 11th.
247 crystal balls are 100% to Iowa with 247 Expert Jerry Meyer predicting him to Iowa.

on Rivals he is 100% to Iowa with these Rival rivals writers picking Iowa Corey Evans and Eric Bossi,

so right now you would be betting against a stacked deck

giphy.gif

Collin Hartman at one time was a 5 star. Some players get passed up and drop. It happens. Take off your tin foil hat with the rankings against Iowa players bullshit
not going to take anything off AS BOSSI FLAT STATED IN WRITING that Patrick NEEDED a Elite OFFER TO JUSTIFY HIS HIGH RANKING.

during the AAU season he did absolutely nothing wrong to drop. Patrick played on Minnesota D1 AAU team with these
5* Hurt now with Duke
5* Zeke Nnaji now with Arizona
4* Tyrel Terry now with Stanford

when Tyrel went down with a injury it was Patrick that became the PG as the D1 HC stated Patric was the most versatal player on the team as he could take on anybody at the 1-2-3-4 with a 5 in certain match ups. D1 was 35-1 when this came out.

so yeah Patrick was rated on the lack of a Elite offer.

Wieskamp played on the USA Team in spring
led his team to the Adidas June Championship
Nike rated him the 3rd best SF at their top 100
NBPA top 100 named 1 pf the top 10 players
then after the Adidas AAU Circuit in which he led his short handed AAU team to the Adidas Championship game was rated 1 of the top 8 players on the Adidas AAU Circuit. and Adidas had a large selection of the top players in the nation to choose from,

Helen Keller can see how the lack of a eilite offer affects a players rating.

most of you don't think much of Woodbury who was a top 50 prospect, he had a offer from UNCheats a Elite offer.

we will see on Nov 11th.
247 crystal balls are 100% to Iowa with 247 Expert Jerry Meyer predicting him to Iowa.

on Rivals he is 100% to Iowa with these Rival rivals writers picking Iowa Corey Evans and Eric Bossi,

so right now you would be betting against a stacked deck
And those guys made a guess early on. They've all said it's their best guess. Meyer just said he's finding out that ISU is stronger than he thought. The family isn't telling those guys anything.

And those guys made a guess early on. They've all said it's their best guess. Meyer just said he's finding out that ISU is stronger than he thought. The family isn't telling those guys anything.

I am not a huge fan of Jerry, but he did say that. Funny I never thought I would care about a recruit down to Iowa and Iowa State. I kind of hope he goes with the Cyclones

Reactions: B1G_Fan
Wowza really? I'd think this season may have them second guessing.
A little of both, but he got a couple decent recruits after that. He might be bad for the rest of us, but he may be good enough for them.

Reactions: KisteK
keep telling yourself that is was down year with Iowa recruits getting the awards or accolades. Last summer Toussaint played with a bad shoulder so people didn't get a chance to see him 100%,
the same thing with Foster he started the AAU season off with a triple double of points, rebounds and blocks was invited to try out for USA team then suffered a foot injury that required surgery to put a pin in it at the end of the AAU season, not being able to compete, at the level he needed to keep that 5th * so he dropped out of the top 50,
Patrick was #21 5* until he didn't get a elite offer. the elite offer never came and he dropped out of the top 50, Patrick was the MVP of the National HS 3 on 3 championship and made the USA Olympic 3 on 3 team, after being invited to the USA Team tryouts.
Dang, maybe Iowa should try playing with 3 players when McCaffery is in the court. Seems like that’s the time he excels at basketball.

Also, Foster is going to Iowa St, so why are you bringing him up?

You will find out very quickly that your guard play is going to be horrendous this year if Jesus doesn’t play.

A little of both, but he got a couple decent recruits after that. He might be bad for the rest of us, but he may be good enough for them.
Makes sense.

We had a handful of people saying he was way better than Painter after he won a single 8/9 game lol

Reactions: Jaycg15
I am not a huge fan of Jerry, but he did say that. Funny I never thought I would care about a recruit down to Iowa and Iowa State. I kind of hope he goes with the Cyclones
I am kinda of hoping Iowa. I mean, Gil never wins. I wanna see his "swagger".SmokinSmile

Makes sense.

We had a handful of people saying he was way better than Painter after he won a single 8/9 game lol
I think he would do much better at a different school, honestly.

Edit: not than Painter.

Dang, maybe Iowa should try playing with 3 players when McCaffery is in the court. Seems like that’s the time he excels at basketball.

You will find out very quickly that your guard play is going to be horrendous this year if Jesus doesn’t play.
you sure are hoping aren't you.,

Patrick will backup Wieskamp at the 3.
Connor could start at the 1
GT Evelyn could start at the 2 and he did start his College career at Nebraska so he does have experience playing BT BB,

the top 2 players this fall will be Wieskamp and Garza
Connor while he did not shoot at a high 3 point rate he did have 100+ assist to 43 TO's with 23 steals in 18.6 mpg. not everybody need to shoot like Jordan when playing the one. Connor @6'5 205 lbs can take the banging better than a 6'1 185 lb player can.

here is a possible starting 5
RSSO 6'5 Connor @ the 1
RSSR 6'2 Evelyn @ the 2
SO 6'6 Wieskamp preseason All BT team selected to the Jerry West watch list
RSSO 7'0 Nunge
JR 6'11 Garza selected as 1 of 20 players to the Abdul Jabbar award watch for the best center in D1.

that is a very solid lineup. backups
@the 1 6'1 SR Jordan or 6' FR Toussaint
@ the 2 6'4 RSFR Fredrick
@ the 3 6'8 FR Patrick
@ the 3 6'8 RSJR Pemsl
@ the 5 6'9 SR Kriener.
#11 6'7 Till.

this team is deeper and more balanced than it ever been. Fran can go small or big. the classes are more spread out.

Reactions: KisteK
here is a possible starting 5
RSSO 6'5 Connor @ the 1
RSSR 6'2 Evelyn @ the 2
SO 6'6 Wieskamp preseason All BT team selected to the Jerry West watch list
RSSO 7'0 Nunge
JR 6'11 Garza selected as 1 of 20 players to the Abdul Jabbar award watch for the best center in D1.

that is a very solid lineup. backups
@the 1 6'1 SR Jordan or 6' FR Toussaint
@ the 2 6'4 RSFR Fredrick
@ the 3 6'8 FR Patrick
@ the 3 6'8 RSJR Pemsl
@ the 5 6'9 SR Kriener.
#11 6'7 Till.

this team is deeper and more balanced than it ever been. Fran can go small or big. the classes are more spread out.
Do you think Iowa goes undefeated at home this year?

oh maybe in 6-8 years if then. hmmm a coach that has taken his team to 5 NCAAT in the last 7 years with 3 straight NCAAT wins does not = getting fired., the big money boosters learned their lesson after they helped out in running Davis off after his last season which produced a sweet 16.

It's actually four NCAA bids in six years (or seven if you so choose).

With that said, I am quite entertained by the note of three straight wins which I believe you are alluding to R64 wins in 15, 16, 19. That is an odd ass stat. Come to think of it though it looks like only Iowa and Maryland can claim that fact from the Big Ten for those specific years.

You should roll with that fact for awhile in defense of Fran....

Michigan wins it's secret scrimmage 82-75. DeJulius with 21 posts (7 of 8 from three). Simpson with 7 points, 7 rebounds, 13 assists. Teske 15 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists.

John Beilein’s kid bang a coed before coaching a game at Niagra?
My twitter investigation led me to this: it sounds like he sexually harassed their director of basketball operations, who was also dating another member of the coaching staff at the time. It sounds like she hired a lawyer & reported him for sexual harassment.

An assistant coach tweeted this just a couple weeks ago:

It’s my best guess anyway & makes sense why he would resign and not just step away for awhile.

Reactions: bMORE607
Pulling away at the end and beating a Detroit squad that went 11-20 last season by 7 when one of your bench guys goes 7/8 from 3?
tenor.gif

Z0G6Hb2.gif
In fairness, it was a scrimmage game. Doesn’t really mean much

ADVERTISEMENT