***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not sure how he played with his HS team, but I see Toussaint shot 22% from 3 in EYBL/Peach Jam games.
when he played in the Peachjam he was playing with a injured shoulder, in his SR year he was named the MVP of the NYC Championship of class 2a the largest class,

NYCHoops listed him as the #1 PG in NYC and the #2 player overall in the state. Finalist for NY Mr. BB. stats his SR Year
22.5 ppg
5.3 apg
4.7 rpg
1.7 spg
listed as a lock down defender who can pick up his man and go end line to end line this while playing in NYC, 247 rates him the 5th best player in the state, by NYCHoops who watched him for his entire HS Career.

he is the type of PG that Fran has been missing ever since JUCO Cartwright played in Fran's 1st 2 seasons.

Cartwright in his 2nd season he led Iowa to a 8-10 BT record after that 4-14 season in Iowa's 1st season.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I don't recall my post saying that. I just think if healthy, he's going to have a huge impact. I've seen the kid in IU scrimmages last year. Lock down defender. Very good scorer/shooter. Handles were "OK"---but sufficient. His mid-range game stood out to me. I'm not going off what I've heard. I'm going off what I saw last season. IF---IF healthy, he's arguably Indiana's best player.
I want accusing you of that, but every Indiana fan I've talked to has mentioned his huge impact to me. I think you guys may want to temper those expectations a bit.

I want accusing you of that, but every Indiana fan I've talked to has mentioned his huge impact to me. I think you guys may want to temper those expectations a bit.
Why? Its not like he's some fringe, Top 150 player. He's a Top 50 kid that was expected to have an impact, as a freshman. Now, he has a year under his belt...Is familiar with the system. There will be no learning curve as to, learning the system, etc, etc...He knows it. SO thats a plus. This kid can play JayC. Now, will there, or could there be some rust? Sure. MOF, thats expected. But he can play. And look, calling him possibly Indiana's best player isn't some crazy, homer thing. Aside from TJD(and De'Ron), he's actually Indiana's highest rated player; Not that, that means a whole lot.
Just saying, man. I don't expect him to be BPOY, Lottery pick, type of producer. But if he's 100%, can stay 100%, he'll be among the better frosh in the Big 10. And look, the reason I think he can such an impact, is his shooting. He's a really good shooter. And we all know IU is need of that.

Jerome Hunter----Indiana. If he stays healthy, he's Indiana's best player. Not sure if eligible, but if so, he could contend for FOY; he RS last year due to a clotting disorder. Remember the name. Also, I'd put Phinisee on this list as well.

I remember him a little bit as a recruit but kind of forgot he existed. Good call. If healthy, could be a big impact player.

fixed for you. to think this years team as it stands just these'
RSSR GT Evelyn and Kriener. that means that 10 of the top 12 will return. so whatever this year team does will just be a starting point for the 20-21 season. a pretty nice group to add Ulis, Foster and Sibley wouldn't you say.

before you say Fran won't get either one then wait wait and see before you post any snide remarks.
I want to believe you, I really do. But, I just don’t know enough about the Iowa players to be confident.

stop being a ass, oh wait you can't because you are all ass.

giphy.gif

I want to believe you, I really do. But, I just don’t know enough about the Iowa players to be confident.
that's because they are either FR, RSFR or RSSO'S. that have not played that much or none at all.

right now all there is on them are the ranking coming out of HS and the Awards they received like MVP, POY, State Mr. BB, Gatorade POY and SR season stats. to judge them by
Patrick was Iowa's Mr. BB and Gatorade POY just like these were
Barnes who played for UNC 2 Time 1st Team All State and Gatorade POY
Uthoff who went to Wisconsin but finished career @ Iowa
Paige who played for UNC
Jok who played for Iowa
Jordan who is playing for Iowa
Wieskamp 2 time 1st Team All State and Gatorade POY making him just the 2nd player in the State of Iowa to receive those type of recognition
now it looks like the next recruit out of Iowa will be 4* top 100 7'0 Foster,

Connor was beat out by a kid that led the state in scoring and ended up at a DIII school.

this is Fran's main objective to land the Best instate talent then fill in with out of state best talent that fits his system and the community.

that's because they are either FR, RSFR or RSSO'S. that have not played that much or none at all.

right now all there is on them are the ranking coming out of HS and the Awards they received like MVP, POY, State Mr. BB, Gatorade POY and SR season stats. to judge them by
Patrick was Iowa's Mr. BB and Gatorade POY just like these were
Barnes who played for UNC 2 Time 1st Team All State and Gatorade POY
Uthoff who went to Wisconsin but finished career @ Iowa
Paige who played for UNC
Jok who played for Iowa
Jordan who is playing for Iowa
Wieskamp 2 time 1st Team All State and Gatorade POY making him just the 2nd player in the State of Iowa to receive those type of recognition
now it looks like the next recruit out of Iowa will be 4* top 100 7'0 Foster,

Connor was beat out by a kid that led the state in scoring and ended up at a DIII school.

this is Fran's main objective to land the Best instate talent then fill in with out of state best talent that fits his system and the community.
79-86.....

Cards with a strong start...Laughing

5-0, Nats, bottom 1...Runners at 1st/2nd, 1 out.

Cards with 2 errors....Dropped ball at 2nd for one out---Then three converge on a shallow bloop to R/F---drops between all three.Laughing. Technically not an error. But damn.

Reactions: Jaycg15
What a disgrace from the Cardinals
I just posted about it. Sorry, man. Dude, they look shook. Gotta catch the ball at 2nd---And that's 100% Martinez's ball in RF. have to get those 2 outs, there.

This one's probably over. 5-0 isn't insurmountable. BUt, when you've scored like 2 runs in 4,000 innings---Well, it kinda of is.

Reactions: klize17
Well good news is, Card fans----You can go to bed before midnight...jumpingsmile

Cards with a strong start...Laughing

5-0, Nats, bottom 1...Runners at 1st/2nd, 1 out.

Cards with 2 errors....Dropped ball at 2nd for one out---Then three converge on a shallow bloop to R/F---drops between all three.Laughing. Technically not an error. But damn.

Feels like a cubs choke haha

I don't recall my post saying that. I just think if healthy, he's going to have a huge impact. I've seen the kid in IU scrimmages last year. Lock down defender. Very good scorer/shooter. Handles were "OK"---but sufficient. His mid-range game stood out to me. I'm not going off what I've heard. I'm going off what I saw last season. IF---IF healthy, he's arguably Indiana's best player.

Coach Beilein wanted this kid badly and his highlight tape was very good. I fully believe that he will have a huge year

ADVERTISEMENT