***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’ll think about it but probably not. I’m kinda bullish on MSU and my hearts not in it. Shared title is a push and I’m in.
I’ll pass. I think MSU probably wins it but there are too many variables that could change it.

Reactions: pig1960
Id go with Maryland, Purdue, OSU as having a shot. It’s not a stretch for the “best” team not to win. It’s a grind. Witness MSU last year (a FF team) losing twice to IU. Illinois, IU, UM, PSU and Iowa come to mind as teams that may come to play and be a tough wins for anybody. Should be interesting but in my view easy to take the field. I’m on record for $50 charity - let’s roll. Big fan not eligible.
Purdue? Lol. Nah...

I’ll think about it but probably not. I’m kinda bullish on MSU and my hearts not in it. Shared title is a push and I’m in.
I’m definitely very bullish about MSU, but will take the field every time regardless of sport except in very rare occasions.

Edit: And in this instance, there are enough challengers that it isn’t one of those cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: MGC_07
I’m definitely very bullish about MSU, but will take the field every time regardless of sport except in very rare occasions.

Edit: And in this instance, there are enough challengers that it isn’t one of those cases.

If ties count as a MSU first place I’d bet on MSU taking 1st.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Yeah, Illinois is trash, but Michigan is not a top 25 team. They were not impressive at all. About time for them to get a decent coach.

Michigan has won 38 games the past 4 years. How far you have to go back for Illinois to have 38 wins in a 4 year stretch?

Michigan has won 38 games the past 4 years. How far you have to go back for Illinois to have 38 wins in a 4 year stretch?
I looked it up....Best four year stretch I can find is 1981-84: 31 wins.

Edit: We are talking football--right?

Oh just cause im an IU fan huh?...lol no worries.

Mine...WWF
Nah- I’m thinking you’re good with your word. WWF - Wrestling? Is the Hulk struggling paying his bills? I’ll go with the Tyler Trent Foundation. Should be fun to see how it plays out.

I figure these are can’t lose bets- money to a good cause win or lose. If I win I’ll match your donation.

Sounds like Isaac Todd will commit to Michigan. There’s a good chance he still ends up overseas instead but I’m cool with the risk.

Reactions: KisteK

The programs are on different tiers. Don't get all butthurt because Harbaugh is under-performing. Your offense was so bad that our defense kept us in the game.

The programs are on different tiers. Don't get all butthurt because Harbaugh is under-performing. Your offense was so bad that our defense kept us in the game.

I’m simply pointing out that our “bad coach” has won more in his 4 years here than any coach in Illinois history has won in a 4 year stretch.

It’s interesting.

IA's best 2 4 year stretch was 38 wins 2001 thru 2004 11 win, 10, 10 and the 7 wins, the next was 37 from 2015 12 wins, 8 wins, 8 wins and 9 wins.

IA's best 2 4 year stretch was 38 wins 2001 thru 2004 11 win, 10, 10 and the 7 wins, the next was 37 from 2015 12 wins, 8 wins, 8 wins and 9 wins.

It puts the flack Harbaugh gets into perspective. Would I like to not feel like OSU is an automatic loss every year? Yes of course. Harbaugh hasn’t been bad, though.

I’m simply pointing out that our “bad coach” has won more in his 4 years here than any coach in Illinois history has won in a 4 year stretch.

It’s interesting.
And my point still stands. He's an average coach, and he's under-performing.

Lovie being a shitty college coach is completely irrelevant, but you brought your feelings to a conversation about Michigan rather than looking at it objectively.

The Michigan brand is carrying Harbaugh. Look at Meyer at OSU, he elevated that program. You're not getting that from Harbaugh.

Last edited:

Lovie being a shitty college coach is completely irrelevant, but you brought your feelings to a conversation about Michigan rather than looking at it objectively.

The Michigan brand is carrying Harbaugh. Look at Meyer at OSU, he elevated that program. You're not getting that from Harbaugh.

It’s not just Lovie, it’s any coach in the entire history of Illinois football.

Yeah Harbaugh has essentially been average at Michigan (nearly identical win percentage vs. Michigan's historical). Thought those trips to to Europe and Africa would've helped, but alas.

I really thought he'd made them a playoff type team.

Reactions: klize17
For the record, I would agree with anyone saying Harbaugh's expectations (including my expectations) were too high.

I don't agree that Harbaugh isn't at least a decent coach, though.

Yeah Harbaugh has essentially been average at Michigan (nearly identical win percentage vs. Michigan's historical). Thought those trips to to Europe and Africa would've helped, but alas.

I really thought he'd made them a playoff type team.

Most Michigan fans thought/hoped he could turn Michigan back into a top 5 program. That's not the case but that doesn't make him a bad hire or coach.

Harbaugh may not be a bad coach but a bad hire ?...definitely. I think he’s the 3rd highest paid coach in CFB delivering at a much lower pay grade. Probably more about UM AD mismanagement.

It’s not just Lovie, it’s any coach in the entire history of Illinois football.
You're so hung up on talking about Illinois to try to detract from what Harbaugh is doing. Lovie and Illinois football suck. Cool. We know.

Harbaugh isn't making Michigan better. If you're ok with a guy that's 1-3 at Michigan in bowl games, is being completely outclassed by OSU, and has 1 win against top 10 teams, that's okay. It just lets me know that the Michigan brand is falling off. OSU is the class of the conference, and you're okay with being inferior.

But if you're not okay with that, there's nothing wrong with admitting that Harbaugh is part of the problem and not the solution. Harbaugh can be a decent coach and not elevate Michigan at the same time.

Most Michigan fans thought/hoped he could turn Michigan back into a top 5 program. That's not the case but that doesn't make him a bad hire or coach.
Yeah he's not a bad coach and he arrived to Michigan with a pretty incredible resume, but I think he's underperforming based on pay and the overall resources they've given him. He's been pretty bad in big games / rivalries / bowls as well.

I also think his offense is worrisome. Doesn't seem to have much of an identity to it.

I also think his offense is worrisome. Doesn't seem to have much of an identity to it.
Probably has sth to do with the change to "speed in space".

That he thought he needed such a change wasn't wrong, but his choice of OC and the process of hiring certainly were questionable.

Probably has sth to do with the change to "speed in space".

That he thought he needed such a change wasn't wrong, but his choice of OC and the process of hiring certainly were questionable.

The story on that I have read is pretty amazing for such an important hire.

Reactions: buckymel
You're so hung up on talking about Illinois to try to detract from what Harbaugh is doing. Lovie and Illinois football suck. Cool. We know.

Harbaugh isn't making Michigan better. If you're ok with a guy that's 1-3 at Michigan in bowl games, is being completely outclassed by OSU, and has 1 win against top 10 teams, that's okay. It just lets me know that the Michigan brand is falling off. OSU is the class of the conference, and you're okay with being inferior.

But if you're not okay with that, there's nothing wrong with admitting that Harbaugh is part of the problem and not the solution. Harbaugh can be a decent coach and not elevate Michigan at the same time.

Ohio State is that class of the conference. It is what it is.

Michigan was 46-44 (24-32 in conference) in the 7 seasons before Harbaugh.
Michigan is 43-15 (29-10 in conference) in the 5 seasons with Harbaugh.

I'm at peace with that.

Reactions: KisteK

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT