***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
Unreal....2 hits in 16 innings. Only one starter with a hit. And it won't get any easier on Monday---Strasburg.

One god damn hit

-Xr7Fl.gif

Yep, over
Its gonna be tough---thats for sure. Strasburg looming in Game 3. Losing this game doesn't end things. But man it makes it tough. Especially considering they'll have to face Scherzer again. That dude is dialed in.

Surprised to hear this from you. Howard has never coached. JB won 750 games. Maybe you know something about Howard that the rest of us don't?

If I thought Howard would step in and equal Beilein then I’d be expecting a top 3 finish.

Like I said, I think Beilein would finish top 3 with this roster. I think Howard can crack the top 5. Senior leadership can help a coaching transition IMO.

Reactions: RichardMassive
If I thought Howard would step in and equal Beilein then I’d be expecting a top 3 finish.

Like I said, I think Beilein would finish top 3 with this roster. I think Howard can crack the top 5. Senior leadership can help a coaching transition IMO.
What’s his philosophy offensively/defensively compared to Beilein? Is it similar or is it a big change?

You guys will not be good. Sorry.

10 regular season wins? RollLaugh

We won 10 games 2 years ago with a significantly worse defense.

The offense got wrecked with injuries. Our top 4 WR, hurt. Lewerke, hurt. And the most important part, almost our entire O-Line, hurt. We were starting walk-ons at late in the year. If we can stay healthy and just be average, we could be a good team.

Unfortunately, the schedule is a bitch this year. At UM, (even though we’ve had recent success there, 2017, 2015), at OSU, at Wisconsin, at Northwestern who we struggle with.

We’re ranked 18th in the AP Poll. We aren’t world beaters but this team doesn’t suck. This defense definitely doesn’t suck. The best run defense in the country and our whole D-Line is back.

Just bumping because SpartanJD bumped my post earlier today.

What’s his philosophy offensively/defensively compared to Beilein? Is it similar or is it a big change?

It’s been quiet on that front. It sounds like it will be more uptempo with more freedom. Beilein’s offense was more methodical. Sounds like he will run two bigs out there at times in Teske and Castleton. I’ll believe that when I see it but that could be interesting.

Reactions: SNU0821
Barring major injuries, would you guys take MSU or the field to win the Big Ten?

Just bumping because SpartanJD bumped my post earlier today.
Yeah, we’re shit. The O-Line is wrecked with injuries again, but the defense has been a huge disappointment. We brought back almost everyone and somehow we are way worse.

Didn’t mean to ignore it. Sometimes I just skim through the thread in the off-season.

If MSU only wins a share do I still win. Like it’s a 3 way tie at say 16-4.
Nice try - no!!! I’m picking MSU to win it all but feel that there are three others who have a decent shot and some others that may surprise. So the field seems like the right bet. Regardless looking forward to the season and hoping no one has significant injuries.

Nice try - no!!! I’m picking MSU to win it all but feel that there are three others who have a decent shot and some others that may surprise. So the field seems like the right bet. Regardless looking forward to the season and hoping no one has significant injuries.
I would also take the field as long as a MSU tie with anyone in the field is a push

Reactions: KisteK and pig1960
So who do Purdue fans think have a shot at the Big Ten Championship besides MSU?

Id go with Maryland, Purdue, OSU as having a shot. It’s not a stretch for the “best” team not to win. It’s a grind. Witness MSU last year (a FF team) losing twice to IU. Illinois, IU, UM, PSU and Iowa come to mind as teams that may come to play and be a tough wins for anybody. Should be interesting but in my view easy to take the field. I’m on record for $50 charity - let’s roll. Big fan not eligible.

Reactions: KisteK
Id go with Maryland, Purdue, OSU as having a shot. It’s not a stretch for the “best” team not to win. It’s a grind. Witness MSU last year (a FF team) losing twice to IU. Illinois, IU, UM, PSU and Iowa come to mind as teams that may come to play and be a tough wins for anybody. Should be interesting but in my view easy to take the field. I’m on record for $50 charity - let’s roll. Big fan not eligible.
If I still win if MSU wins a share of the title I’ll do it. If it has to be outright, eh. Maryland could win it. Other teams may come out and surprise. Hey, we lost to a crappy IU team twice last year. You never know.

If I still win if MSU wins a share of the title I’ll do it. If it has to be outright, eh. Maryland could win it. Other teams may come out and surprise. Hey, we lost to a crappy IU team twice last year. You never know.
I’ll think about it but probably not. I’m kinda bullish on MSU and my hearts not in it. Shared title is a push and I’m in.

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT