***Official 2019 B1G Off Season thread***

Who is the worst Purdue poster?

• Pig1960

• Proudopete

• Joe for prez

• JohnHoosierr

• Graham Couch

Results are only viewable after voting.
You talking about with Happ? Wisky was 210th and 265th in three pointers made the last 2 seasons with Happ & 254th in 3 pt% last season at a 33% clip. That’s surrounding a big with bad shooters lol

Purdue with Haas was 16th most made threes in nation and 2nd best 3Pt % at 42% for example.

Probably talking about Kaminsky.

Reactions: jwardelt
Could have been. I don’t view him as anywhere close to the same type of player as Haas/Dickinson though.

Just think he meant having a legit big guy and surrounding him with a bunch of shooters. Kaminsky isn’t Haas/Dickinson but he was still a hell of a player.

Just think he meant having a legit big guy and surrounding him with a bunch of shooters. Kaminsky isn’t Haas/Dickinson but he was still a hell of a player.
It didn’t hurt that Kaminsky was a shooter himself

XplVuZC.png

3bdf0l.jpg

Oh. Well the last big I can even think that Wiscy had that played similarly to Haas/Dickinson is Brian Butch. Unless you’re talking about Kaminsky but that’s a totally different skill set.

Yes but same concept. Kaminsky did enough work inside.

Reactions: otte21
Magic number is 3. Feeling pretty good about it.

The past few years have made me nervous. It would be nice to have this wrapped up by the end of this series, with a little help from the Reds.

Bryant being out for the Cubs and being at home, should make this about a lock though.

The past few years have made me nervous. It would be nice to have this wrapped up by the end of this series, with a little help from the Reds.

Bryant being out for the Cubs and being at home, should make this about a lock though.

Unlike the Pirates, I don’t think the Reds are going to roll over and die haha. They have a decent team and have some of their better pitchers going. Hopefully Milwaukee loses tonight and the Cards win and get that magic number down to 1.

The Cubs have been unhealthy all year. It was a lock when Baez went out awhile ago.

The Cubs have been unhealthy all year. It was a lock when Baez went out awhile ago.

I feel like the Yankees had more serious injuries than the Cubs did and they still got it done. Cubs have had injuries no doubt but they were mediocre even when they had most of their lineup playing. Cards had plenty of injuries too.

I feel like the Yankees had more serious injuries than the Cubs did and they still got it done. Cubs have had injuries no doubt but they were mediocre even when they had most of their lineup playing. Cards had plenty of injuries too.

NL central was just a tad harder than the Al East this year.

Injuries aren't the best excuse for the cubs. The bullpen blowing more than 30 saves definitely is.

Unplayable? Think that’s a bit of hyperbole? Very few teams have perimeter oriented 5’s that can also hang defensively with an opposing 7 footer in the post.

Doesn’t take a skilled seven footer, a ton of teams are going play small and ball screen the hell out of him. He’ll be good just pointing out with his poor athleticism he’s a poor fit for where college basketball and basketball in general is going.

“Indiana redshirt freshman Jerome Hunter (leg surgery) is participating in all basketball related activities. His return continues to be monitored by IU's medical staff.”

Sounds like we are past the “hope” Hunter plays. How much he will play and contribute who knows but that is a nice boost to this team

Doesn’t take a skilled seven footer, a ton of teams are going play small and ball screen the hell out of him. He’ll be good just pointing out with his poor athleticism he’s a poor fit for where college basketball and basketball in general is going.
I think there is some concern here about him getting attacked in PNR and beat down the court. But Purdue was fine defensively with Haas out there over multiple years, while not exactly having great length and athleticism out there alongside him. Michigan was really the only team that could really hurt us at the center spot -- most of the people that could score on Haas would end up getting buried (and fouled out) trying to defend him. And Dickinson appears more mobile than Haas was and better laterally.

My guess is it would be similar...there wouldn't be a lot of teams out there that would get a net positive when trying to take advantage of him.

Last edited:
I doubt he’ll guard many guys that would even have a ball screen set for them. & as long as he can jam or hedge on ball screens when his guy is the one doing the screening, he’ll be fine.

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

Tom Izzo told reporters earlier today that Marquette transfer Joey Hauser has filed a waiver with the NCAA with the hope of earning immediate eligibility for Michigan State during the 2019-20 college basketball season.

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein

Tom Izzo told reporters earlier today that Marquette transfer Joey Hauser has filed a waiver with the NCAA with the hope of earning immediate eligibility for Michigan State during the 2019-20 college basketball season.

They applied a while ago, but Izzo doesn't expect it to get approved. So with how backwards the NCAA is... He'll suit up this season!

Reactions: KisteK and klize17
It’ll be a battle of 2 horrendous teams, that’s for sure. I think Pitt wins but hopefully it’s 3 or less. I view both teams as being pretty even right now.

Its hard to believe Pitt is 0-3, but their season is on the line. They probably can’t climb out of an 0-4 hole, especially with 2 games against Baltimore and Cleveland, and games against the chargers and rams remaining.

Its hard to believe Pitt is 0-3, but their season is on the line. They probably can’t climb out of an 0-4 hole, especially with 2 games against Baltimore and Cleveland, and games against the chargers and rams remaining.
Yeah I think Rudolph is really going to have to outperform expectations to get them back in any kind of wild card hunt.

Purdue's defensive efficiency ranks in Isaac Haas' 4 years:

2015 - 54 (when Haas played 14 mpg)
2016 - 11
2017 - 23
2018 - 31

A good coach can scheme to overcome individual defensive challenges. And while Dickinson is not remotely fleet of foot, he definitely appears to be more mobile than Isaac Haas.

Reactions: SpartanRock
“Indiana redshirt freshman Jerome Hunter (leg surgery) is participating in all basketball related activities. His return continues to be monitored by IU's medical staff.”

Sounds like we are past the “hope” Hunter plays. How much he will play and contribute who knows but that is a nice boost to this team
Happy for the kid. Hope he's able to get back to 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT