ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

Carsen Edwards-top 5 player in the conference/maybe nation

Haarms-could be best defensive big in the conference and has the skills to improve offensively.

Eastern-will be one of the best defenders in the league and can really rebound for a guard. Anything he gives offensively next season is gravy.

Cline-senior sharpshooter that doesn’t kill you anywhere else.

Sasha-sharpshooter redshirt freshman by all accounts is further advanced in other areas of his game at this point than what the coaches even expected.

Aaron Wheeler-true wild card but insanely athletic redshirt freshman forward that doesn’t lack skill, just have to see how far he’s come.

Eric hunter-true scorer out of Indy freshman that will contribute right away.

Trevion Williams-freshman redshirt candidate next season if he doesn’t get into better shape but skilled big man that can rebound the hell out of the ball.

Emmanuel Dowuona-another freshman redshirt candidate that’s raw offensively but would be able to impact the defensive end from day 1 with his athleticism/shot blocking ability.

So like I said, pretty decent pieces. I’m not predicting anything crazy but the cupboard is certainly not bare.
Just looking at your rundown, it looked like you're going to be a scrappy defensive team that relies mainly on one guy offensively. So, you'll be Wisconsin this season.

Haarms-could be best defensive big in the conference and has the skills to improve offensively.

Eastern-will be one of the best defenders in the league and can really rebound for a guard. Anything he gives offensively next season is gravy.

Sasha-sharpshooter redshirt freshman by all accounts is further advanced in other areas of his game at this point than what the coaches even expected.

Aaron Wheeler-true wild card but insanely athletic redshirt freshman forward that doesn’t lack skill, just have to see how far he’s come.

Trevion Williams-freshman redshirt candidate next season if he doesn’t get into better shape but skilled big man that can rebound the hell out of the ball.

Emmanuel Dowuona-another freshman redshirt candidate that’s raw offensively but would be able to impact the defensive end from day 1 with his athleticism/shot blocking ability.

So like I said, pretty decent pieces. I’m not predicting anything crazy but the cupboard is certainly not bare.
What you just outlined looks like a bottom half of the league team and bubble team if they’re lucky.
Well I personally seeing them being a top 3 defensive team in the conference and then you build the offense around the leagues best guard. I see more potential there being a homer but I can’t rule anything out since so much is just unknown in the new pieces.

Reactions: KisteK
Top half conference finish is most definitely attainable and being a lower seed/bubble team come tournament time.
Top half of the B10 is highly unlikely. You lose basically everyone outside of Edwards. You’ll be lucky to be on the bubble.

Top half conference finish is most definitely attainable and being a lower seed/bubble team come tournament time.
Top half of the B10 is highly unlikely. You lose basically everyone outside of Edwards. You’ll be lucky to be on the bubble.
IU finished in the top half of the conference this season with some of the worst guard play I have ever seen. It’s not highly unlikely with the current state of the big ten.

Your bench scored 6 points last night and you expect them all to step right in and contribute? Carsen will need to average 40 next year. Cline is a massive disappointment in my opinion. He gives nothing basically. All unknowns on that team minus Carsen

I like Hunter a lot but he scored a lot of points in high school playing a shit schedule. I know Carsen is a similar mold but don’t expect those results right off the bat. Hunters going to be good but an instant contributor don’t see it.

Reactions: SNU0821
Well I personally seeing them being a top 3 defensive team in the conference and then you build the offense around the leagues best guard. I see more potential there being a homer but I can’t rule anything out since so much is just unknown in the new pieces.
That can only get you so far. Look at IU this year. We were solid defensively in the B10. But it was the times where we went stagnant on offense that killed us. Plus, we had a lot more proven players than y’all will next season. Edwards can’t do it all himself.

Your bench scored 6 points last night and you expect them all to step right in and contribute? Carsen will need to average 40 next year. Cline is a massive disappointment in my opinion. He gives nothing basically. All unknowns in that team minus Carsen

I like Hunter a lot but he scored a lot of points in high school playing a shit schedule. I know Carsen is a similar mold but don’t expect those results right off the bat. Hunters going to be good but an instant contributor don’t see it.
Purdue’s bench was down to Eastern, Cline, and Taylor. I don’t expect Taylor or Eastern to contribute offensively next season. Cline I do, yes.

Purdue’s bench was down to Eastern, Cline, and Taylor. I don’t expect Taylor or Eastern to contribute offensively next season. Cline I do, yes.
You do? Seriously? Yeeeesh. You guys are in bigger trouble than I thought.

You do? Seriously? Yeeeesh. You guys are in bigger trouble than I thought.
Yeah, whether you hate him or not he is an elite 3 point shooter that will get a lot more attempts next season. You don’t have to be all league to contribute offensively.

IU finished in the top half of the conference this season with some of the worst guard play I have ever seen. It’s not highly unlikely with the current state of the big ten.
Yes, yes it is highly unlikely.

Yeah, whether you hate him or not he is an elite 3 point shooter that will get a lot more attempts next season. You don’t have to be all league to contribute offensively.
You think he’s going to meaningfully contribute? He’s a poor man’s Mathias. He’s not athletic. He’s not quick. He can’t get his own shot. He’s not great defensively. He’s a spot up shooter. That’s it. He’ll hit some three’s, but he’s not going to be anything much at all.

4.0 points per game for a team when he stepped on the floor he had at least three solid shooters around him. Next year he has 1 shooter in Carsen.

Purdue will win some games because of Carsen but the pieces around him are all complete unknowns. There are going to be some major speed bumps

You think he’s going to meaningfully contribute? He’s a poor man’s Mathias. He’s not athletic. He’s not quick. He can’t get his own shot. He’s not great defensively. He’s a spot up shooter. That’s it. He’ll hit some three’s, but he’s not going to be anything much at all.
Yeah, like I just said he will hit threes at a high percentage which is contributing offensively. I’m not expecting him to be Mathias.

Yeah, like I just said he will hit threes at a high percentage which is contributing offensively. I’m not expecting him to be Mathias.

Why are you expecting the percentage is going to massively jump from his 39.8?

Reactions: SNU0821

4.0 points per game for a team when he stepped on the floor he had at least three solid shooters around him. Next year he has 1 shooter in Carsen.

Purdue will win some games because of Carsen but the pieces around him are all complete unknowns. There are going to be some major speed bumps
In 17 mpg and 2.7 3PA per game. Both of those numbers will rise and even if his 3% drops from 40 to 37, that’ll still lead to about 8ppg floor IMO.

I’m not? Idk if anyone has told you but 40% from 3 is elite percentage wise.

Sure if he was shooting more than 3.5 per game. Purdue needs Cline to be more Dakota than him averaging 1 more made three next season. At the same time Purdue’s roster next year isn’t going to have the 3 elite shooters or Haas. Cline won’t be getting too many open looks.

We can agree to disagree on Cline it’s too early for me

Sure if he was shooting more than 3.5 per game. Purdue needs Cline to be more Dakota than him averaging 1 more made three next season. At the same time Purdue’s roster next year isn’t going to have the 3 elite shooters or Haas. Cline won’t be getting too many open looks.

But, but, but......They have all these “solid” guys coming in next year that are either redshirt players, didn’t see the court this year or are freshman. They’re going to be awesome. Lol

I’m not? Idk if anyone has told you but 40% from 3 is elite percentage wise.

It is too early, that we can agree on.

Reactions: klize17
Jokes on you. I bet the Over at 22.5 of the number of times SNU would bet against Purdue and its players in the offseason. Off to a good start.
You’re certainly sitting pretty considering Purdue’s roster next year. Not a person outside of Edwards that I would bet on. The rest is going to be garbage.

Foster Loyer drops 42 in state semi final. That Clarkston team is one of the best high school basketball teams I’ve seen in a while.

This thread is lit when people are drunk

giphy.gif

Your bench scored 6 points last night and you expect them all to step right in and contribute? Carsen will need to average 40 next year. Cline is a massive disappointment in my opinion. He gives nothing basically. All unknowns on that team minus Carsen

I have no idea what’s going to happen next season. That’s part of what makes college basketball so fun.

Reactions: KisteK
I have no idea what’s going to happen next season. That’s part of what makes college basketball so fun.
I don’t either, but I can make an educated guess. Purdue won’t be a top half of the league team and will be a bubble team. You lose most of your scoring. You lose most of your experience. You lose pretty much everyone. You don’t have any immediate impact players coming in. You don’t have a lot of difference makers coming back outside of Edwards.

Great group of players who had a lot of success on the court (though not as much as they would have liked or I would have liked for them to have). But most importantly, they will all graduate with degrees and I have no doubt will be successful in life. That is most important to me and why the trolls who think they can trigger me don't know me at all.

Great group of players who had a lot of success on the court (though not as much as they would have liked or I would have liked for them to have). But most importantly, they will all graduate with degrees and I have no doubt will be successful in life. That is most important to me and why the trolls who think they can trigger me don't know me at all.
Do you have participation trophies for them?

215g.gif

ADVERTISEMENT