ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

ahhh hiring a recruits guardian as a coach on your team. as for envy not hardly. like I said betting Williams to pick Illinois over OSU there had to be a catch. and the catch was hiring his guardian as a coach.

take this to the spring practice thread on the FB Board where it belongs.
If you can post racist diatribes on here, I can post about football during the slow times.

He brings a lot more than just one player with him.

Let me ask you this: do you think Lovie is the right guy for your program and will lead you to respectability?

I’m comparing Illinois to Purdue. Brohm just finished his first full recruiting cycle and won 7 games with a bowl win after the worst 4-year stretch in Purdue history with a roster almost completely devoid of depth and talent. Sure there were some talented players but overall the depth and talent were awful. I highly doubt Illinoi had worse talent/depth than the Hazell years. I expect Brohm to reel in a really good class this year too.
I suppose that depends on your definition of respectability.

If you're referring to the staff, absolutely. Recruits and their parents have the utmost respect for Lovie. His staff includes a HC that coached in a SB, a DC who was an all-time great LB, and another all-pro CB.

If respectability means being Nick Saban, no probably not. But I do think he can build us into a perennial bowl team.

I highly doubt that Purdue had worse talent and depth than the players Tim Beckman left. We started more true freshman than any team in the nation. On top of being hamstrung talent-wise, we had injuries all over the field.

As for your win total last season, you had a good season. Illinois hasn't been in a similar position with its roster since Lovie was hired. I think Illinois will have a chance to beat Purdue this season.

Last edited:
my posts are all BB related not FB
I don't think any single person on here wants to read about how a white Iowa kid would be rated higher if he were black.

Anyone disagree with that statement?

@Jaycg15 this is where you need to post your teams info.

Found a spot for your takes on race:

trashbini-2.jpg

just like in the 16-17 season Illinois swept Iowa then in the 17-18 season Iowa swept Illinois in one of their worst seasons

FB Topics belong on the FB board and BB Topics belongs on the BB Board anybody else agree?

Better yet, The Frontier! Lol

Went to Weasels on Friday night in Eagle River and then the Frontier (which was on some side county road in the woods) the next night way back in 2001 for a party. Not sure if those venues are still around.

Weasels burned down but we are going to frontier lol

Huh, I had no idea this was even a thing. Looks like their are 32 teams and each team will be compromised of 4 departing seniors from the same conference, so Nate will be playing with 3 other B1G players.

Will someone shave Haarms head. Watching him touch it every second is annoying af.

Reactions: SNU0821
Tough to win without Haas but good lord there were some pathetic things I saw tonight. Just terrible turnovers and our guys not boxing out. Haarms couldn’t catch the damn ball and Mathias played like it was the first tournament game in his career.

Tough to win without Haas but good lord there were some pathetic things I saw tonight. Just terrible turnovers and our guys not boxing out. Haarms couldn’t catch the damn ball and Mathias played like it was the first tournament game in his career.

Agreed was always going to be an uphill climb without Haas. Haarms had stone hands out there.

Reactions: KisteK
Tough way to end for the seniors. Great season though. 30 wins, 19 game winning streak and a Sweet Sixteen while missing a BIG piece of the team.

Painter’s three best teams torpedoed by injury but if he keeps working, I have no doubt he will break through.

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck
Tough way to end for the seniors. Great season though. 30 wins, 19 game winning streak and a Sweet Sixteen while missing a BIG piece of the team.

Painter’s three best teams torpedoed by injury but if he keeps working, I have no doubt he will break through.

No trophies and still favored tonight. But great season

I feel like Haarms legit had 4 passes right at the rim which should’ve led to 4 easy buckets and he fumbled every one of them out of bounds. Brutal.
Vince has to know who he’s passing to though. Too much mustard on a couple of those.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT