ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

Tough way to end for the seniors. Great season though. 30 wins, 19 game winning streak and a Sweet Sixteen while missing a BIG piece of the team.

Painter’s three best teams torpedoed by injury but if he keeps working, I have no doubt he will break through.

I could accept losing tonight if we fought hard and played relatively well while missing a key piece. I could live with that. But we had so many mistakes, guys not caring to box out, etc that has me really pissed. Really seemed like a lack of effort which is unacceptable in a tournament game.

Reactions: klize17
Just because I am bored and a bit tipsy. Purdue only beat 3 teams that were ranked at the time they played. Arizona being one during their collapse early, Louisville an eventual NIT team and a damn good Michigan team.

Purdue got to 30 wins but a whole bunch of meh.

Reactions: KisteK
Just because I am bored and a bit tipsy. Purdue only beat 3 teams that were ranked at the time they played. Arizona being one during their collapse early, Louisville an eventual NIT team and a damn good Michigan team.

How did they do against teams from the state of Indiana?

No, because we beat the 2nd and 3rd best programs in Indiana, neither of which went 16-15.

Go to bed. 7th best team in the Big East.

Congrats on the no trophy, underachieving season. Add this to the Painter choke list.

Nice edit even better

Reactions: SNU0821

Not really Purdue’s fault. They played who was on their schedule. Had no idea the B1G would be such dogshit. They had several wins over tournament teams.

Go to bed. 7th best team in the Big East.

Congrats on the no trophy, underachieving season. Add this to the Painter choke list.

Nice edit even better

You’re better than this. Can’t call it a choke when you’re missing someone as important as Haas. Cincy and Arkansas-Little Rock? Absolutely. But not tonight/this year.

Can only beat the teams on your schedule. Nice straw man to get the Purdue faithful even more riled up though. 30 win season, being competitive in literally every game you play and making the sweet 16 without your senior starting Center is more than just a meh season to me.

Reactions: klize17
Not winning a game you’re favored by -1.5 by is considered choking?

When you lose by 13 I’d say yes.
I would consider losing to Rutgers in the first round of the big ten tournament to play your rival and have your 0.06% of making the tournament more of a choke job than losing in the sweet 16 to a 3 seed. But again that’s just my opinion and also my attempt to piss you off.

Reactions: KisteK and klize17
I would consider losing to Rutgers in the first round of the big ten tournament to play your rival and have your 0.06% of making the tournament more of a choke job than losing in the sweet 16 to a 3 seed. But again that’s just my opinion and also my attempt to piss you off.

Both choke jobs...NCAA tournament bigger choke job

Both choke jobs...NCAA tournament bigger choke job
I guess but when you had Vegas pretty much saying it was 51/49 and Purdue fans seemingly 50/50 as to whether Purdue would win this game without Haas, I wouldn’t consider it a choke job. Purdue just got beat by the better team tonight.

Reactions: KisteK and klize17
I guess but when you had Vegas pretty much saying it was 51/49 and Purdue fans seemingly 50/50 as to whether Purdue would win this game without Haas, I wouldn’t consider it a choke job. Purdue just got beat by the better team tonight.

You aren’t wrong.

I give myself an evening to talk some trash. At least you are not bragging about beating Butler.

Shit after checking your board I’m tame

You aren’t wrong.

I give myself an evening to talk some trash. At least you are not bragging about beating Butler.

Shit after checking your board I’m tame
I’ve only seen about 6 posters call for the firing of Painter on the premium board. Par for the course I guess. If you would happen to have a “boilersouthfan” handle on gold and black, kudos to you for pissing people off including me lol some of them really do have to be fans of other teams, my brain can’t comprehend the stupidity otherwise.

I’ve only seen about 6 posters call for the firing of Painter on the premium board. Par for the course I guess. If you would happen to have a “boilersouthfan” handle on gold and black, kudos to you for pissing people off including me lol some of them really do have to be fans of other teams, my brain can’t comprehend the stupidity otherwise.

Got the same trash on the home board. A Purdue fan came out on the premie tonight in a trash thread. Just couldn’t help themselves I guess.

But, but, but.....If you listened to the Purdue fans here they were the best team to ever play the game of basketball. They were dumptrucking teams better than the Bulls in the the early 90’s according to some of their fans. Lol.

Not winning? Purdue was dumptrucked. Yes. Choked. Painter’s specialty. Yikes. You better pray that Edwards doesn’t bolt because y’all might finish last without him next year. Still won’t be good with him, but you won’t be last, close, but not last. If I were Edwards, I’d be gone considering Purdue’s roster next year. Yeeeeesh it’s gonna be a tough year for them. Lulz.

giphy.gif

Not winning? Purdue was dumptrucked. Yes. Choked. Painter’s specialty. Yikes. You better pray that Edwards doesn’t bolt because y’all might finish last without him next year. Still won’t be good with him, but you won’t be last, close, but not last. If I were Edwards, I’d be gone considering Purdue’s roster next year. Yeeeeesh it’s gonna be a tough year for them. Lulz.
Who would have ever guessed the biggest troll on this board would come out after last night. Purdue will have nice pieces that could lead to them being a pretty decent team next year. But go ahead and doubt them just like you doubted Purdue this year and every other year before the season starts. But hey hopefully Blueblood IU can make it back into the tournament next season.

Who would have ever guessed the biggest troll on this board would come out after last night. Purdue will have nice pieces that could lead to them being a pretty decent team next year. But go ahead and doubt them just like you doubted Purdue this year and every other year before the season starts. But hey hopefully Blueblood IU can make it back into the tournament next season.
What's your definition of pretty decent?

Doubted Purdue this year? I said they wouldn’t win the B10, they would be in the top four. I said they wouldn’t make any noise in the NCAA Tournament. Only thing I got wrong was their offensive efficiency. You mad that you all were pounding your chests for the first half of the season only to see it basically take a nose dive in February and March? Don’t be angry at me because Painter choked, again, with a good team. It’s kind of his thing...

What's your definition of pretty decent?

Carsen Edwards-top 5 player in the conference/maybe nation

Haarms-could be best defensive big in the conference and has the skills to improve offensively.

Eastern-will be one of the best defenders in the league and can really rebound for a guard. Anything he gives offensively next season is gravy.

Cline-senior sharpshooter that doesn’t kill you anywhere else.

Sasha-sharpshooter redshirt freshman by all accounts is further advanced in other areas of his game at this point than what the coaches even expected.

Aaron Wheeler-true wild card but insanely athletic redshirt freshman forward that doesn’t lack skill, just have to see how far he’s come.

Eric hunter-true scorer out of Indy freshman that will contribute right away.

Trevion Williams-freshman redshirt candidate next season if he doesn’t get into better shape but skilled big man that can rebound the hell out of the ball.

Emmanuel Dowuona-another freshman redshirt candidate that’s raw offensively but would be able to impact the defensive end from day 1 with his athleticism/shot blocking ability.

So like I said, pretty decent pieces. I’m not predicting anything crazy but the cupboard is certainly not bare.

ADVERTISEMENT