ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

But I hear all year that the NCAA tournament is what it’s all about! It’s all that matters! NCAA tournament success in a season is the barometer.

But once Purdue outperforms MSU in the post-season, you make excuses like “it’s a single elimination tournament”. Get out of here with that bullshit.
It’s about championships in regards to those conversations. Win the championship and then we can talk.

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck
I mean, both fanbases are stating their opinions as fact here. Maybe I'm taking crazy pills but an outright championship and a head to head win holds more weight in the argument than "you just lost to an 11 seed!!!! and therefore we are better than you"...especially considering Purdue had multiple bad losses this season and MSU had none until tonight

This may be the dumbest, most pointless argument I've ever indulged in on this site.

Multiple? Wisconsin was bad but even the WKU loss wasn’t considered a “bad” loss. On the flip side, MSU beat only 3 tournament teams all year. I think Purdue doubled that number.

I love seeing the Purdue fans claim a moral victory. It’s great for all to witness what IU fans have known for years. Their little brother syndrome is a serious, serious issue. Lulz.

BWesty at least be man enough to talk shit on your own account. Dont log into this one and try and troll.
Call him by his real name, Blair. Lulz! His mom must have known he would swing the other way when he was born.

Multiple? Wisconsin was bad but even the WKU loss wasn’t considered a “bad” loss. On the flip side, MSU beat only 3 tournament teams all year. I think Purdue doubled that number.

In conference Purdue went 2-3 vs the tournament teams, MSU went 1-3.

Out of conference MSU blew out UNC and had a win over a healthy top 5 Notre Dame team. Purdue beat Arizona and Butler. And Lipscomb if you want to count that.

Purdue had two losses to non-tournament teams, MSU had none.

Factor in MSU's head to head win and the outright B1G Championship as well.

But yeah....Purdue is undoubtedly better than MSU...

I love seeing the Purdue fans claim a moral victory. It’s great for all to witness what IU fans have known for years. Their little brother syndrome is a serious, serious issue. Lulz.

What moral victory? This all started when one of the MSU guys claimed they were better than Purdue after they had just lost to an 11 seed. Purdue is playing in the S16. Remind me how that’s a moral victory?

MSU fans - what's the deal with Ward? I've read rumblings that he's likely to be out the door, but haven't seen it substantiated anywhere.

Haven't heard a whole lot of concrete stuff lately. But his attitude has been visibly poor all season, and he's been in the Izzo doghouse since November. I think his mom posted some stuff to twitter towards the beginning of the year basically saying he should transfer somewhere he'd be appreciated and play more minutes. 50/50 shot he's gone IMO.

Reactions: CardinalBoiler
Haven't heard a whole lot of concrete stuff lately. But his attitude has been visibly poor all season, and he's been in the Izzo doghouse since November. I think his mom posted some stuff to twitter towards the beginning of the year basically saying he should transfer somewhere he'd be appreciated and play more minutes. 50/50 shot he's gone IMO.

Moms on social media or message boards are the worst

Reactions: northeastspartan
ADVERTISEMENT