ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

29386834_1713962811976497_4459575460967219200_n.jpg

"I think they're all seniors. At the end of the day you are human. I knew if (Poole) doesn't make that shot, it's us laying on the floor." - Mo Wagner

Did you really have to give me a reason to like a MICH player? lol Seriously, that was all class.

You’d probably be all on Painter’s sack if he ever did something like this. You Purdue fans have an unhealthy obsession with MSU (really with lots of teams, but I digress).
Yeah, I don't get why some Purdue fans are that obsessed with MSU. We've battled them for recruits and competed for B1G titles but it's an unhealthy obsession. It's a lot like your obsession with Purdue.

I don't who is better but I know who SHOULD have been better based on personnel and depth......but didn't deliver. MSU.

I'm a Purdue guy but there's no way it should have come down to a 25 footer at the buzzer for MSU to win in East Lansing. As was said earlier, I don't think Izzo really figured out his rotations. Almost too much talent.

Speaking of... Was just talking to someone that close to the program and apparently Eastern is like a freaking model teammate that’s insanely coachable. People in the AD and on the staff love him. Was excited to hear that, and not surprised based on the way he improved throughout the year and accepted his role.
He's certainly listening to somebody cause his defense has done a 180 since the start of the season....among many other improvements. If he works that hard on his shot the sky's the limit.

He's certainly listening to somebody cause his defense has done a 180 since the start of the season....among many other improvements. If he works that hard on his shot the sky's the limit.
Think he plays a big role on Friday against TT. Will need to help contain Evans.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
Think he plays a big role on Friday against TT. Will need to help contain Evans.
Certainly our best shot, with all do respect to PJ. His length really makes a difference. His fundamentals are strong too. He retreats at the right angle, beats his man to the spot and turns him. His D has come so far it's crazy.

surprised Iowa not mentioned as they were a 3 seed in the 05-06 season and lost to a 14 seed under Alford.

Here is an interesting read on fivethirtyeight.com about teams that bow out of the opening round frequently. I was a little surprised to see Indiana as the lone B1G representative on these lists. I knew they had some early exits but didn't realize they had that many. Were many of them late in the Bob Knight era?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...-seed-isnt-easy-but-these-schools-are-trying/

Knight had plenty of them, yes. In Knights last 6 years at IU he either bowed out in the first or second round.

surprised Iowa not mentioned as they were a 3 seed in the 05-06 season and lost to a 14 seed under Alford.

You're surprised when Iowa wasn't mentioned for shitting the bed MULTIPLE times in the 1st round when you've typed MULTIPLE times Dr Tom was 9-0 or w/e in 1st round games. Outside of him, Iowa has barely made the tournament.

Obligatory...

giphy.gif

And for good measure...

q3iCWqE.jpg

You're surprised when Iowa wasn't mentioned for shitting the bed MULTIPLE times in the 1st round when you've typed MULTIPLE times Dr Tom was 9-0 or w/e in 1st round games. Outside of him, Iowa has barely made the tournament.

Obligatory...

giphy.gif

And for good measure...

q3iCWqE.jpg
multiple times? Fran has lost just once in 3 trips
SA lost twice in 3 trips.
Raveling lost in the 1st round twice both time he reached the NCAAT
Lute made it 5 times
2nd round loss
FF
2nd round loss
2nd round loss
Sweet 16

multiple times to = 5 1st round losses going back to the 78-79 season. vs 17 1st round wins.

Last edited:
multiple times? Fran has lost just once in 3 trips
SA lost twice in 3 trips.
Raveling lost in the 1st round twice both time he reached the NCAAT
Lute made it 5 times
1st round loss
FF
1st round loss
2nd round loss
Sweet 16

multiple times to = 7 1st round losses going back to the 78-79 season. vs 15 1st round wins.

Are you arguing that Iowa should be on a list that you really don’t want to be on, its about losing first round games and choking as the higher seed? Lord take me now, I’ve seen it all.

Are you arguing that Iowa should be on a list that you really don’t want to be on, its about losing first round games and choking as the higher seed? Lord take me now, I’ve seen it all.

It's really unbelievable.

Reactions: bMORE607
Anyone else think the Duke/Cuse line at 11 is insanely high? Especially given that they're not chalk full of shooters and what happened to MSU, I would think that may have been a little closer. Feeling like I should bet the house on Cuse.

Anyone else think the Duke/Cuse line at 11 is insanely high? Especially given that they're not chalk full of shooters and what happened to MSU, I would think that may have been a little closer. Feeling like I should bet the house on Cuse.

IDK. Duke beat them by 16 earlier. Coach K is ten times the coach Izzo is, plus they see that zone yearly.

Give me Duke. Thinking of doing another run of 5 point teasers each day.

Reactions: SNU0821
MSU loss reminded me of Kansas' loss to Oregon last year in Elite Eight. Was at both games, and while home crowds can be a positive, I think it makes teams tight down the stretch in close games.

MSU loss reminded me of Kansas' loss to Oregon last year in Elite Eight. Was at both games, and while home crowds can be a positive, I think it makes teams tight down the stretch in close games.
The MSU game brought back memories of the IU/Cuse game for me a handful of years ago.

For you to comprehend the point of the article.
yeah teams that received a 3 seed or better losing in the 1st round.

in Frans 1st season going to the NCAAT they were a 12 seed and Fran had to fly in after leaving the hospital as Patrick had surgery on a tumor to determine if it was cancerous.

the whole team had more on their mind than a simple BB Game.
sometime there are more important things than a meaningless BB Game.

yeah teams that received a 3 seed or better losing in the 1st round.

in Frans 1st season going to the NCAAT they were a 12 seed and Fran had to fly in after leaving the hospital as Patrick had surgery on a tumor to determine if it was cancerous.

the whole team had more on their mind than a simple BB Game.
sometime there are more important things than a meaningless BB Game.

It's losing several times in the 1st round as a top seed. Not just once here and there. All about who has lost the most 1st round games.

It's losing several times in the 1st round as a top seed. Not just once here and there. All about who has lost the most 1st round games.
so you can figure that out. did you do that all on your own, mine was on the sarcastic side since it was written by a ISU Clown fan.

figured he would take a shot at Iowa.

Does Ward return after Izzo giving him the shaft?
I gotta say, Ward looks like the kind of player that would drive most coaches mad. Don't really blame Izzo for his handling of Ward, though Izzo obviously didn't turn in his greatest coaching job.

Tillman on the other hand looks to have savvy and gives great effort, on top of the brute size and strength. Probably helps for both that he's already in his mid 30s. I think he's gonna be a really good player.

And they've recruited Rudy to be their pg. Didn't realize that til I just watched a highlight video. It's cute.

Yeah he’s losing to top 10 5*s and not bringing in that type of talent. Izzo use to be able to tout that all of his seniors have reached the final 4. Next years seniors might never even see the sweet 16 in their 4 years at Michigan State.

ADVERTISEMENT