ADVERTISEMENT

********Offical Indiana Coaching-Search Thread******

It does. But not as much anymore.

Not having any ties to either team or conference, I'd much rather go to Texas and much rather play in the Big 12. Heck, as a fan, I'll watch Big 12 games. You have to twist my arm to get me to watch a regular season B1G game.
you had me until the rather play in the Big 12...whats your reasoning? If you said the ACC then I'd get it because they're normally the best conference in the country, but the Big 12? Sounds like personal bias to me

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
you had me until the rather play in the Big 12...whats your reasoning? If you said the ACC then I'd get it because they're normally the best conference in the country, but the Big 12? Sounds like personal bias to me

Well I'd definitely rather play in the ACC over either of those.

But the comparison is between a B1G school and a B12 school. And it's the same reason I'd rather watch a Big 12 game. B1G basketball just bores the fk out of me. Maybe it is personal bias. But I'm definitely not the only person to feel that way.

But the comparison is between a B1G school and a B12 school. And it's the same reason I'd rather watch a Big 12 game. B1G basketball just bores the fk out of me. Maybe it is personal bias. But I'm definitely not the only person to feel that way.
Yeah that’s a personal bias and rooted in old stereotypes. Michigan averaged 84 ppg this year as the conference leader in scoring. West Virginia was the big 12s and averaged 78. You can feel how you feel, but it’s illogical

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Yeah that’s a personal bias and rooted in old stereotypes. Michigan averaged 84 ppg this year as the conference leader in scoring. West Virginia was the big 12s and averaged 78. You can feel how you feel, but it’s illogical

It'd probably make more sense to compare median teams, than the top teams. Not sure what the data would look like, but I'm curious.

Even in basketball it's 3 downs and a cloud of dust.

Next IU coach:
woodson.jpg

It seems like a good hire but I don't think he has any college coaching experience. Am I wrong?

Just going off of what I've heard, so no clue how accurate thus is, but IU is also hiring Thad Matta to come in for a newly created role of assistant AD....or something like that.

Depending on what his role is going to be, this hiring has just gotten a hell of a lot better!

Just going off of what I've heard, so no clue how accurate thus is, but IU is also hiring Thad Matta to come in for a newly created role of assistant AD....or something like that.

Depending on what his role is going to be, this hiring has just gotten a hell of a lot better!
That role doesn’t allow him to coach or recruit.

It seems like a good hire but I don't think he has any college coaching experience. Am I wrong?
No he doesn't, but tbh that's the least thing I'm concerned about. He's very well respected within the league for having a very good basketball mind. If that's true, he'll do fine when it comes to the X's and O's. But, what does concern me, is the fact that he has the exact same experience as I do when it comes to convincing 17 year old kids to come play basketball for your team.

After hiring Matta also, this hire is either going to look like a brilliant move in 5 years. Or, it's going to be a huge flaming bag of dog sht. I honestly don't see many options for it to turn out any different then those 2 options. People can act like they know which way it'll go, but they don't. Hell, I fully expected to be laughing at Michigan after they hired Howard

Reactions: HawgPound
What else is he supposed to say about his current job? It may be true, but no coach is going to come out and say any other job is better than their current one

It also depends on the factors. He has a pretty big advantage over most of their conference in terms of facilities and access to talent.

Sampson/Indiana thing didn't end well...

They pretty much called the man a liar and said he couldn't be trusted.

In that world everything has to up front with people in the tent....
So by saying that about Sampson they damaged his reputation.

Sampson/Indiana thing didn't end well...

They pretty much called the man a liar and said he couldn't be trusted.

In that world everything has to up front with people in the tent....
So by saying that about Sampson they damaged his reputation.

Are you fvcking stupid? The NCAA gave him a 5 year show-cause from college coaching. He broke the rules, dumb rules, it's not an opinion of IU but a fact accepted by the NCAA.

Because he did. They fired him because he was on probation, broke the same rules he was on probation for, then lied to the NCAA about it. Again you're fvcking stupid and don't know what you're talking about.

I am not questioning that.

The statement made was that Kelvin Sampson lied to Indiana. The people at the University.

In tent mentality. You are truthful with the people in the tent. Out of the tent who cares.

IU pretty much said Sampson would lie to the administration.

Just stupid to say that. It was out of spite...

I am not questioning that.

The statement made was that Kelvin Sampson lied to Indiana.

IU pretty much said Sampson would lie to the administration.
That's because he did, he told them he wasn't going to cheat but he did anyway. That's lying.

Not only that, he apparently still couldn't care less as he's blaming the entire thing on IU's administration.

This should be obvious to anyone that is not a moron, unfortunately that leaves you out.

ADVERTISEMENT