ADVERTISEMENT

********Offical Indiana Coaching-Search Thread******

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
Any predictions, announcements, rumors, or anything else would be great!

Probably Beilein.

They need to give him time. Could be a great hire and gives them time to find something long-term.

Probably would be the smartest move if they can't get Brad Stevens

He would be the perfect hire imo, except he’s so old. By the time he got things back on track he’d be nearing retirement you think. Bc he’s a team/culture builder, not a guy that’s gonna being in 3-4 5 stars his first class and turn it around immediately like cal did at UK.

If you ask some IU fans, they are debating between Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, Tony Bennett and Chris Beard.

If you asked some Purdue fans they thought Travis Carrol was better than Cody Zeller.

No because you had 1 booster fork over $10 million to can his ass. Imagine going to sleep and having to worry about pissing off Mark Cuban.

While the amount might be unprecedented (I don’t know either way), a single donor buying out a coach is not unheard of.

If you asked some Purdue fans they thought Travis Carrol was better than Cody Zeller.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

No because you had 1 booster fork over $10 million to can his ass. Imagine going to sleep and having to worry about pissing off Mark Cuban.
Don't go 66-57, 33-42 in four years, and you won't have too...THis team could have went .500(last 6 games), got into the tourney, and Miller would have been just fine.

Nope.....

Went 0-6.

Program was regressing under him.....If your 4th year is worse than your first, overall, well that ain't good.

The backlash for firing Crean is strong
Miller is the result. I like Miller. He could take a team on a deep run
The Indiana job was way too big for him.

If they convince a big name coach your fanbase really needs to shut the f up and let the guy coach
What backlash? Coaches know how this shit works..Sure they mught say the right shit in public---But behind the doors, they know how the business is.

I agree the IU job was to big for Miller.....Also for Crean as well.

Congrats IU with your Pitino hire.

“You could come to me with the greatest job on Earth and I would not consider it,” Pitino said, “I came home to coach and end my career at a small, Catholic school.”

“I’m not going anywhere, if I go anywhere, it’s going to be retirement. And I’m not looking to retire anytime soon.”

Pitino could have some tricks up his sleeve against Bama
Too bad he may not have the players to attack the ball but his defensive style is how you play them
Could be interesting because you never know.

Heard IU fans say they will turn against their school if they hired him

Define automatically?

Crean was given 9 seasons...

Miller 4 seasons...

If by automatically you mean ample fukin time, then sure, I agree.

Not going to continue this argument because you only want to push an agenda

I get it. I see the same thing with Texas Football.
But the name doesn't mean shit if you don't have the players regardless of the coach.

Cream inherited a mess. Don't blame him for the first few years

Not going to continue this argument because you only want to push an agenda

I get it. I see the same thing with Texas Football.
But the name doesn't mean shit if you don't have the players regardless of the coach.

Cream inherited a mess. Don't blame him for the first few years
Agenda? What agenda? Oh you mean me disagreeing with you that Crean is a great coach---Hal of fame, right? No agenda----I just think that is a stupid fukin take for a coach that's barely won 57% of his games. Anyways.... Where did I blame Crean for the first two years? I didn't---Never have. I know fully what he inherited....I also know what his last for years were like...

Talent has not been an issue...In his last season Crean had OG Anunoby, Thomas Bryant(5*), James Blackmon, Jr(5*), De'Ron Davis(4*, #35), Curtis Jones(4*), Juwan Morgan(soph)...

And won 18 games, dude.

Give me a break with this Crean shit...JFC. For the love of God...Dude is 14-40 in three seasons at UGA, in the SEC----and you are still stroking his dick...Give it a rest.

Reactions: MGC_07
Agenda? What agenda? Oh you mean me disagreeing with you that Crean is a great coach---Hal of fame, right? No agenda----I just think that is a stupid fukin take for a coach that's barely won 57% of his games. Anyways.... Where did I blame Crean for the first two years? I didn't---Never have. I know fully what he inherited....I also know what his last for years were like...

Talent has not been an issue...In his last season Crean had OG Anunoby, Thomas Bryant(5*), James Blackmon, Jr(5*), De'Ron Davis(4*, #35), Curtis Jones(4*), Juwan Morgan(soph)...

And won 18 games, dude.

Give me a break with this Crean shit...JFC. For the love of God...Dude is 14-40 in three seasons at UGA, in the SEC----and you are still stroking his dick...Give it a rest.

John Beilein sucked when he first went to Michigan....

This narrative you are promoting is why you were stuck with Archie

Easily could happen again ..

Beilein may not want to get shitted on for two years or even three years

John Beilein sucked when he first went to Michigan....

This narrative you are promoting is why you were stuck with Archie

Easily could happen again ..

Beilein may not want to get shitted on for two years or even three years
WTF does Belien sucking in his first few years, have to do with Crean sucking in Year 9? And BTW, you do understand JB took over a Michigan program still on probation, right? And in Year 2/4, he went to the NCAAT.....Right? You knew this....Correct?

What narrative am I promoting? That if in Year 4, you are wrose than year 1, your job might be in jeopardy? THat if the program is regressing, your job might be a problem? Of if in your last 4 years, you finish 7th, 8th and 10th----miss the NCAAT twice, that your job might be in jeopardy?

That narrative?

Not sure if Beilein comes or not....At 68, who knows. I do know this----He wouldn't go 12-15 with the talent Miller had.

WTF does Belien sucking in his first few years, have to do with Crean sucking in Year 9? And BTW, you do understand JB took over a Michigan program still on probation, right? And in Year 2/4, he went to the NCAAT.....Right? You knew this....Correct?

What narrative am I promoting? That if in Year 4, you are wrose than year 1, your job might be in jeopardy? THat if the program is regressing, your job might be a problem? Of if in your last 4 years, you finish 7th, 8th and 10th----miss the NCAAT twice, that your job might be in jeopardy?

That narrative?

Not sure if Beilein comes or not....At 68, who knows. I do know this----He wouldn't go 12-15 with the talent Miller had.
Coach K is having a terrible year in Year 40 or whatever year this is...

Crean deserved that year. IU didn't give it to him

Coach K is having a terrible year in Year 40 or whatever year this is...

Crean deserved that year. IU didn't give it to him
You 100% have to be trolling.....No chance you are not. But ****, I'm bored.....

K also has 12 Final Fours and 5 national titles...But hey, I mean, everyone does that...

Crean had "that year" plenty of times... 2014, went 17-15...2015 went 20-14 and finally in 2017, he went 18-16, and IU had enough...

But go ahead, keep advocating for a career winning percentage of 58%. I know, I know----errr body lubs him...Yeah I get it...

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You 100% have to be trolling.....No chance you are not. But ****, I'm bored.....

K also has 12 Final Fours and 5 national titles...But hey, I mean, everyone does that...

Crean had "that year" plenty of times... 2014, went 17-15...2015 went 20-14 and finally in 2017, he went 18-16, and IU had enough...

But go ahead, keep advocating for a career winning percentage of 58%. I know, I know----errr body lubs him...Yeah I get it...

Once again you are too busy trying to convince yourself Crean can't coach.

Now do you realize why you ended up with Archie and there is a great chance Indiana doesn't get a coach they want.

Because you think that any coach who doesn't win to your expectations sucks.

Crean was coming off a Sweet 16.

There aren't many schools who would have fired Crean.
IU was one and this why they continue to struggle

Reactions: Boilermaker03
ADVERTISEMENT