ADVERTISEMENT

********Offical Indiana Coaching-Search Thread******

A good article from The Athletic that presents 3 different views about IU’s coaching search. Unfortunately for some, it’s behind a paywall:

those 3 point shooting numbers for millers IU teams are alarming...I really did not watch them much but it sounds like it was ugly/painful b-ball to witness

those 3 point shooting numbers for millers IU teams are alarming...I really did not watch them much but it sounds like it was ugly/painful b-ball to witness
Fortunately I didn't have to witness much lately. This year I completely tuned them out.

Link?

Just watch.

Chris Beard isn't coming.
Scott Drew isn't coming
Eric Mussleman isn't coming

John Beilein could come.

Maybe they can get Mark Pope or Porter Moser.
So no proof and you're just talking out of your ass as usual?

Your take is only like the third worst I've seen in this thread so there's that.

Anyone believing more in Brad heading to Bloomington now?

Nobody is going to believe it until he signs on the dotted line and IU announces him as head coach. Until then people will be rightfully skeptical.

Ew39HXuUUAMafYR

It won’t be Beard. The Womble basketball training facility was just finished and that was custom tailored to Beard. He had as much input on that as the architect did. He’s also the 4th highest paid coach in the country but he won’t leave just for money anyway, that’s not his primary motivation.

The only thing that truly worries us when it comes to Beard leaving is the NBA. Rumor is, he’s who Pop wants as his replacement when he retires. I think Beard’s style of play won’t work in today’s NBA, but who knows.

Straight comics thinking Stevens to Indiana at any point since he became an NBA coach.

Delusional

Reactions: VulvHa
It won’t be Beard. The Womble basketball training facility was just finished and that was custom tailored to Beard. He had as much input on that as the architect did. He’s also the 4th highest paid coach in the country but he won’t leave just for money anyway, that’s not his primary motivation.

The only thing that truly worries us when it comes to Beard leaving is the NBA. Rumor is, he’s who Pop wants as his replacement when he retires. I think Beard’s style of play won’t work in today’s NBA, but who knows.

I don’t think he leaves tech either.

Indiana isn't what people want it to be anymore
Hard pill for some to swallow
That's were we differ. Indiana is the same. They have all resources. They have arguably an unmatched fanbase that travels with the best of them. Just b/c, i'm assuming your young, you not realized the power behind them.

I can't for the life of me figure out why they're struggling. Maybe you're right.

They have everything to offer. A coach is gifted huge pay and everything he needs to succeed. Outside Sampson, theyve outed a lot of coaches flaws.

Maybe the Big Ten is too tough.

Katz is off his rocker if he believes UT is a better job than IU. You've recently said yourself UT fans are ok with mediocracy.

I can't believe I'm siding with Sheriff, but I think Texas is the better option here.

You said it in your post. Texas fans are OK with mediocrity. Not as much pressure. Indiana will buy out a coach for $10M. Texas won't do it for $7M, Shaka had to leave on his own.

Texas has more money, though. It's the most well funded athletics programs in the country (among public schools). The campus and facilities are top notch.

Austin is one of the top cities in the country right now. Young people are moving their in droves.

It's cool to go to Texas if you're a teenager. You go to Indiana if your grandfather gets a say in your decision.

I can't believe I'm siding with Sheriff, but I think Texas is the better option here.

You said it in your post. Texas fans are OK with mediocrity. Not as much pressure. Indiana will buy out a coach for $10M. Texas won't do it for $7M, Shaka had to leave on his own.

Texas has more money, though. It's the most well funded athletics programs in the country (among public schools). The campus and facilities are top notch.

Austin is one of the top cities in the country right now. Young people are moving their in droves.

It's cool to go to Texas if you're a teenager. You go to Indiana if your grandfather gets a say in your decision.
I'm not trying to sell Bloomington to Austin, but IU name alone carries weight..., or maybe it doesn't anymore.

I'm not trying to sell Bloomington to Austin, but IU name alone carries weight..., or maybe it doesn't anymore.

It does. But not as much anymore.

Not having any ties to either team or conference, I'd much rather go to Texas and much rather play in the Big 12. Heck, as a fan, I'll watch Big 12 games. You have to twist my arm to get me to watch a regular season B1G game.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT