ADVERTISEMENT

Not one, not two, but...

In one breath you say Duke underachieved with the recruiting rankings of the class by not winning it. In the next breath you say experience wins. So which is it? 2015 Duke was an anomaly.

But you keep proving how hypocritical and stupid you are.

The other thing that is funny is you act like recruiting rankings and preseason rankings ( FYI, before a game is played), should matter 6 months later and determine the success of a season.

Another idiotic thought process you have.

They did underachieve. You getting all sensitive about duke and your beloved coach makes my day Fil.

Yes, it absolutely does work both ways. That's why I say it's a game of odds. UNC could have beaten Villanova in 2016 or Wisconsin in 2015 (or lost to Harvard).

Yes, I get that experienced talent probably leads to more national titles. I'm not denying that. My point is, the OAD methodology actually leads to a greater probability of going further in the tournament. The last two Duke teams were legitimate title contenders. Duke was, after all, 3-0 against the two teams in the title game.

Look at this way. There are 75 Power 6 schools. During the last 10 years, that means 750 chances, right? How many total elite 8 appearances were there? 80 (10*8).

70/736 (removing the Duke/UK OAD teams) = 9.5%
10/14= 71.4%

You could argue that most of those teams aren't ever going to make a run for the title. Fair enough. How about we only use teams that have made it to the Regional Finals? There have been 35 teams make it to the Regional Finals this decade. So, let's try another calculation.

(35*10)-14 = 336
70/336 = 20.8%

Yep, I'd still rather have my 71.4% odds. If I include the three teams you mentioned (UVA, Villanova, UNC) your odds of making the Regional Finals are 26.7% (8/30). Still not very good.

I kind of get what you're saying. More experienced teams have won more national titles. That's fair. But, certainly the odds are in your favor if you have 30+ decent programs that have a bunch of veteran leadership versus Duke and Kentucky. There are only 2 OAD programs. So comparing the whole NCAA to the only two programs that run that are OAD isn't exactly a fair comparison. Duke and Kentucky have been more successful this decade than all other programs.
You know he was an Afam major right? No reading or writing necessary. And facts and rithmatic confuse him and make him angry.

Haven’t been around in awhile, but saw we signed ANOTHER 5-star for next season and thought I’d stop by. Best part tho might be Duke fans celebrating regional titles. Lol. Good stuff.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Roy's going to pull in a monster class, no question. I could see Ziaire Williams and Caleb Love going to UNC. But they ain't getting Cade Cunningham. Have you ever seen a coach hire a family member of a recruit and not sign him?
But Cade says he wants to be part of the “monster squad” no one in college basketball can go up against power of that magnitude. Cade May very well be joining “gorillas in the mist”

But Cade says he wants to be part of the “monster squad” no one in college basketball can go up against power of that magnitude. Cade May very well be joining “gorillas in the mist”
from earlier today;

“Coach Cal his main thing is, I have just been very transparent with all of the coaches recruiting me and I don’t want to just make it to the league but rather, I want to be an all-star and a max contract guy,” he said. “I feel if you just shoot to make it in the league, that is how you sell yourself short, so just telling him that I want to be a max contract guy, that is a good goal to set. He has had so many of those guys and guys like me and all others at other positions that have been No. 1 picks, so that has been his main pitch to me.”

“Terrence Clarke and Brandon Boston are both my guys, those are guys that I know that I would be able to fit with, even if no one else thinks so. I talk to them a lot,” he said. “Lance Ware is one of my really good friends, and even Cam Fletcher I am really good with, so I am really cool with all of those guys and talking to De’Aaron Fox and Tyrese (Maxey) and guys like that, they have all said that it is a place that I can really develop and work on my game. It is also on this humongous stage, so he has had a really good pitch so far. So, I really want to go and see it.”

I still think he ends up at OSU, if not, I like our chances.

from earlier today;

“Coach Cal his main thing is, I have just been very transparent with all of the coaches recruiting me and I don’t want to just make it to the league but rather, I want to be an all-star and a max contract guy,” he said. “I feel if you just shoot to make it in the league, that is how you sell yourself short, so just telling him that I want to be a max contract guy, that is a good goal to set. He has had so many of those guys and guys like me and all others at other positions that have been No. 1 picks, so that has been his main pitch to me.”

“Terrence Clarke and Brandon Boston are both my guys, those are guys that I know that I would be able to fit with, even if no one else thinks so. I talk to them a lot,” he said. “Lance Ware is one of my really good friends, and even Cam Fletcher I am really good with, so I am really cool with all of those guys and talking to De’Aaron Fox and Tyrese (Maxey) and guys like that, they have all said that it is a place that I can really develop and work on my game. It is also on this humongous stage, so he has had a really good pitch so far. So, I really want to go and see it.”

I still think he ends up at OSU, if not, I like our chances.

If he wants to win a title then UK and UNC offer the best chance to do so.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'll go on a limb and say Oklahoma State finishes with a top 10 recruiting class. And Isaac Likekele and Yor Anei could be really, really good by the 2021 season. OSU is unlikely to be a contender regardless, but they sure would have an interesting team if they land Cunningham. Probably in the top 25 somewhere.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The post you replied to me was about Cunningham. You are really a different kind of stupid/slow and you're having difficulty keeping up.
And my response was based on your “if he wants to win a N.C.” come to UNC or another school. That was why I laughed. You making predictions based on a recruiting class while you constantly lambast Duke and Duke fans over recruiting class wins and underachieving.

So based on your expert analysis he should go to a school with more veterans, not so many freshman, right.

giphy.gif

And my response was based on your “if he wants to win a N.C.” come to UNC or another school. That was why I laughed. You making predictions based on a recruiting class while you constantly lambast Duke and Duke fans over recruiting class wins and underachieving.

So based on your expert analysis he should go to a school with more veterans, not so many freshman, right.

Your physic skills need work just like your reading comprehension. Also it looks like I a struck nerve when I said duke underachieved the last few years which is true. I tell you what, have your mom give you some milk and cookies, talk to her about it and try again tomorrow because you took stupid to another level. I'm sure you have it in you to top what you did today because you're that kind of guy.

Your physic skills need work just like your reading comprehension. Also it looks like I a struck nerve when I said duke underachieved the last few years which is true. I tell you what, have your mom give you some milk and cookies, talk to her about it and try again tomorrow because you took stupid to another level. I'm sure you have it in you to top what you did today because you're that kind of guy.
I think he's doing it on purpose. No way he's this dumb. His quality of live is determined on the amount of responses he can generate. maybe I'm giving him more credit than he deserves.

Why do you say Duke underachieved when your squad did also. Your obsession is comical.

I think he's doing it on purpose. No way he's this dumb. His quality of live is determined on the amount of responses he can generate. maybe I'm giving him more credit than he deserves.

He hasn't earned any credit because all his takes are negative.

Why do you say Duke underachieved when your squad did also. Your obsession is comical.

So are your reading skills. I'm officially in that chrome dome of yours because you can't accept the fact that I said your beloved dukies underachieved. I have no problem saying UNC underachieved and when they suck I have no problem saying so. You on the other hand can't be left unattended because you'll definitely spaz out when someone bags on your beloved dukies.

Last edited:
So are your reading skills. I'm officially in that chrome dome of yours because you can't accept the fact that I said your beloved dukies underachieved. I have no problem saying UNC underachieved and when they suck I have no problem saying so. You on the other hand can't be left unattended because you'll definitely spaz out when someone bags on your beloved dukies.
You sure haven’t read my posts then.

Heels are putting together a tremendous class. Cunningham would make NC, Duke or UK favorites next year. If a couple of guys come back to add with him he would make any of the three a prohibitive favorite.

Heels are putting together a tremendous class. Cunningham would make NC, Duke or UK favorites next year. If a couple of guys come back to add with him he would make any of the three a prohibitive favorite.
Again, Duke isn't recruiting him. It's OSU........then UK and UNC...imo

I actually like UNC's chances with Cunningham if he doesn't go to OSU. I'm not usually an optimistic person about recruits but think UNC runs second for him. Not that it matters. Not that I am right either, haha. Cal's pitch will, and should, resonate with him though. You can never count out UK in this sort of recruitment.

Is Cunningham the top recruit in this class? He sure seems to generate a lot more chatter than Evan Mobley.

ADVERTISEMENT