ADVERTISEMENT

Not one, not two, but...

Sure. I don’t care much about that because I didn’t follow it so therefore I didn’t understand it.

But I totally understand that Zion asked for the riches. Then went to Duke. Don’t have to be a rocket surgeon to...

Actually, not following it would give you a greater understanding than most who actually bought the BS.

Reactions: j-doolsheels
Boy, hope the cheaters can live up to that recruiting hype.

40-0. National Championship or bust.

Talk about hype, the last 2 years duke won the recruiting title and what happened? Glad to see you're still on point with your UNC obsession, we can always count on your fairy ass to chime in when UNC is mentioned. Laughing

Last edited:
Reactions: Deezheelz
Talk about hype, the last 2 years duke won the recruiting title and what happened? Glad to see you're still on point with your UNC obsession, we can always count on your fairy ass to chime in when UNC is mentioned. Laughing
Always like a N.C. but loved watching last years team.

Good luck living up to the hype.

But, but, but Roy and afam u fans don’t want OAD’s. Hypocrites.

That is Duke last year right?

Duke is definitely dirtier recruiting wise but UNC has that whole 20 year academic scandal which quite frankly is worse than every other scandal.
Nope. Sorry. Show me proof pedophile.

Btw, thanks.

Always like a N.C. but loved watching last years team.

Good luck living up to the hype.

But, but, but Roy and afam u fans don’t want OAD’s. Hypocrites.

I never said that and no other UNC fan on this board said that so keeping doing you Filly. And you calling someone a hypocrite is laughable. Pot meet kettle. When it comes to contradicting you got that title all day everyday which tells me you have a medical issue that needs attention.

You don’t know why people think Duke looks sketchy?
Yep. Besides haters making shit up when have they been sanctioned. Rumors from fans of other programs don’t matter. Sorry. Zion and $ were never mentioned in regards to Duke.

Yep. Besides haters making shit up when have they been sanctioned. Rumors from fans of other programs don’t matter. Sorry. Zion and $ were never mentioned in regards to Duke.
I didn’t say they did it. I said they look sketchy.

I never said that and no other UNC fan on this board said that so keeping doing you Filly. And you calling someone a hypocrite is laughable. Pot meet kettle. When it comes to contradicting you got that title all day everyday which tells me you have a medical issue that needs attention.
So other UNC fans who say it don’t count huh? F’ng idiot.

So you fall into the hater making shit up category. You’re a dumba$$ Phil.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Not really. I have you stalking me and responding to all my silly posts that are done just to get a reaction from you.

You're to stupid and you're easy to mess with but like I said earlier, your punk ass chimes in in every thread UNC is mentioned, do better!!

You're to stupid and you're easy to mess with but like I said earlier, your punk ass chimes in in every thread UNC is mentioned, do better!!
And you respond to every post I make. Your obsession with me is kind of creepy.

Says the punk with the played out handle. You are really that stupid, I guess getting bullied by UNC fans when you were a kid did a number on you.
Not from N.C. Any other misinformed statements you would like to make.

Just for the record, some Duke fans didn't want OAD's when UK was getting them at a high rate. UNC wasn't the only ones.

Those fans make me cringe. Why would you not want the most talented players? It takes 3-4 years to develop 4-star recruits into a title contender. I'll roll the dice with NBA talent, thank you very much.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Those fans make me cringe. Why would you not want the most talented players? It takes 3-4 years to develop 4-star recruits into a title contender. I'll roll the dice with NBA talent, thank you very much.

In a perfect world I would like a little bit of both. A dude like Theo is probably an all-time favorite for me. Unlike some I get the appeal of the way UK and Duke do it though. It can certainly be exciting.

I'll take a mixture OAD talent along with talented veterans. UK 2012 and Duke 2105 are the only teams with predominantly OAD that won a title. Villanova, UNC, UVA along with others had experienced talent.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I'll take a mixture OAD talent along with talented veterans. UK 2012 and Duke 2105 are the only teams with predominantly OAD that won a title. Villanova, UNC, UVA along with others had experienced talent.

Yes, but there have only been 4 Duke teams with multiple OADs (2015, 2017-2019). We made it to the Elite 8 three out of four times. Kentucky has made it 7 out of 10 times. That's 10 out of 14. Villanova has also missed the Elite 8 8/10 times this decade. Same with Virginia. I'll take the 10/14 odds on making the Regional Finals. Also, people forget the 2011 UConn team had 3 freshmen starting. Not OADs, but still freshmen.

Yes, but there have only been 4 Duke teams with multiple OADs (2015, 2017-2019). We made it to the Elite 8 three out of four times. Kentucky has made it 7 out of 10 times. That's 10 out of 14. Villanova has also missed the Elite 8 8/10 times this decade. Same with Virginia. I'll take the 10/14 odds on making the Regional Finals. Also, people forget the 2011 UConn team had 3 freshmen starting. Not OADs, but still freshmen.

Those Duke classes were probably top 2 in the pre season rankings. I'm talking about winning the title, everyone get's close but to win the whole thing experience talent wins out more than inexperienced talent. Getting to the elite 8 IMO with OAD with expectations to win it all is a underwhelming season. The same goes for experienced talent.

Those Duke classes were probably top 2 in the pre season rankings. I'm talking about winning the title, everyone get's close but to win the whole thing experience talent wins out more than inexperienced talent. Getting to the elite 8 IMO with OAD with expectations to win it all is a underwhelming season. The same goes for experienced talent.

Statistically, if you take the top 3 teams most likely to win it all (right before the tournament starts), it's almost always going to be less than 50%. The field is more likely to win the national title than your top 3 favorites. And no, everyone does not get close. If they do, then Villanova and Virginia would have more than two Elite 8 appearances this decade.

Duke very easily could have been in the Final Four the last two years (Grayson's shot that rolled around in the cylinder + a 1-pt loss this year). Kentucky probably could have won a title in 2010, or 2011, or 2014, or 2015. It takes a bit of luck. UNC won the title in 2017. But it's not like it was a cakewalk. They very easily could have lost to Arkansas, or Kentucky, or Oregon, or Gonzaga. It's a game of odds. If you replay the 2019 NCAA Tournament 10 times, I bet you'd have 6-7 different winners. JMO.

Statistically, if you take the top 3 teams most likely to win it all (right before the tournament starts), it's almost always going to be less than 50%. The field is more likely to win the national title than your top 3 favorites. And no, everyone does not get close. If they do, then Villanova and Virginia would have more than two Elite 8 appearances this decade.

Duke very easily could have been in the Final Four the last two years (Grayson's shot that rolled around in the cylinder + a 1-pt loss this year). Kentucky probably could have won a title in 2010, or 2011, or 2014, or 2015. It takes a bit of luck. UNC won the title in 2017. But it's not like it was a cakewalk. They very easily could have lost to Arkansas, or Kentucky, or Oregon, or Gonzaga. It's a game of odds. If you replay the 2019 NCAA Tournament 10 times, I bet you'd have 6-7 different winners. JMO.
Duke very easily could have been out on the first weekend last year also. Works both ways. UCF gave the game away.

Reactions: AWilli6995

We’re going to have to agree to disagree. I don’t put much stock in Elite 8’s especially if you have the talent and hype to go along with it. The last 2 Duke teams underachieved just like UNC, UK and KU in the past, it happens but you only get 1 shot, you lose you go home. Check the the last few FF’s and you’ll see more experienced talent on those teams than inexperienced talent.

In one breath you say Duke underachieved with the recruiting rankings of the class by not winning it. In the next breath you say experience wins. So which is it? 2015 Duke was an anomaly.

But you keep proving how hypocritical and stupid you are.

The other thing that is funny is you act like recruiting rankings and preseason rankings ( FYI, before a game is played), should matter 6 months later and determine the success of a season.

Another idiotic thought process you have.

Duke very easily could have been out on the first weekend last year also. Works both ways. UCF gave the game away.

Yes, it absolutely does work both ways. That's why I say it's a game of odds. UNC could have beaten Villanova in 2016 or Wisconsin in 2015 (or lost to Harvard).

We’re going to have to agree to disagree. I don’t put much stock in Elite 8’s especially if you have the talent and hype to go along with it. The last 2 Duke teams underachieved just like UNC, UK and KU in the past, it happens but you only get 1 shot, you lose you go home. Check the the last few FF’s and you’ll see more experienced talent on those teams than inexperienced talent.

Yes, I get that experienced talent probably leads to more national titles. I'm not denying that. My point is, the OAD methodology actually leads to a greater probability of going further in the tournament. The last two Duke teams were legitimate title contenders. Duke was, after all, 3-0 against the two teams in the title game.

Look at this way. There are 75 Power 6 schools. During the last 10 years, that means 750 chances, right? How many total elite 8 appearances were there? 80 (10*8).

70/736 (removing the Duke/UK OAD teams) = 9.5%
10/14= 71.4%

You could argue that most of those teams aren't ever going to make a run for the title. Fair enough. How about we only use teams that have made it to the Regional Finals? There have been 35 teams make it to the Regional Finals this decade. So, let's try another calculation.

(35*10)-14 = 336
70/336 = 20.8%

Yep, I'd still rather have my 71.4% odds. If I include the three teams you mentioned (UVA, Villanova, UNC) your odds of making the Regional Finals are 26.7% (8/30). Still not very good.

I kind of get what you're saying. More experienced teams have won more national titles. That's fair. But, certainly the odds are in your favor if you have 30+ decent programs that have a bunch of veteran leadership versus Duke and Kentucky. There are only 2 OAD programs. So comparing the whole NCAA to the only two programs that run that are OAD isn't exactly a fair comparison. Duke and Kentucky have been more successful this decade than all other programs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT