ADVERTISEMENT

Not one, not two, but...

imajericho

Aug 26, 2012
Walker Kessler to the Heels!

Caleb Love just Cbed to the Heels by Evan Daniels!

Who is next?

Cade Cunningham?
Ziaire Williams?
Isaiah Todd?

Roy's going to pull in a monster class, no question. I could see Ziaire Williams and Caleb Love going to UNC. But they ain't getting Cade Cunningham. Have you ever seen a coach hire a family member of a recruit and not sign him?

Reactions: shahad
Roy's going to pull in a monster class, no question. I could see Ziaire Williams and Caleb Love going to UNC. But they ain't getting Cade Cunningham. Have you ever seen a coach hire a family member of a recruit and not sign him?
Yes.

Walker Kessler to the Heels!

Caleb Love just Cbed to the Heels by Evan Daniels!

Who is next?

Cade Cunningham?
Ziaire Williams?
Isaiah Todd?

No doubt Roy has momentum now. That said, I would think Cade follows his brother and Todd ends up elsewhere as well. Williams is the interesting one, but I believe he's a PF and might find the team is loaded in that position.

One can assume Walker plays the PF spot while a sophomore Bacot or freshman Sharpe playing the center position. UNC would still have Garrison Brooks and Sterling Manley as well. If Bacot returns, UNC would have 5 guys at the PF/C spot. I could see someone like Williams not wanting to share time with Walker Kessler or Garrison Brooks at PF, unless Williams plays the SF position, then it might be a strong sell.

Yes. I could have sworn that I heard the wevdont want OAD mantra from afam u fans when they were going elsewhere. Gee, wonder what changes

Reactions: Quavarius
Yes. I could have sworn that I heard the wevdont want OAD mantra from afam u fans when they were going elsewhere. Gee, wonder what changes

Roy isn’t going to sell his soul like K when it comes to OAD but the little voices in your head will tell you otherwise.

Roy isn’t going to sell his soul like K when it comes to OAD but the little voices in your head will tell you otherwise.
What exactly does that mean. Besides 15 and last year, I believe K has averaged one a year.

Garrison Brooks spurned his dad at MSU.

That said, I don't think Caleb Love or Walker Kessler are really one and dones.

Love hasn't committed yet. Daniels is accurate but he also said he will be a bit more speculative this year than in the past.

Garrison Brooks had one of the stranger recruitments in recent memory. Verbally commits to MSU. Mom wasn't there (can't he decide when he commits?). His father evidently signs his NLI. Friction between mother and father. Weird stuff going on there. That being said, I wouldn't classify this as a typical "hire the relative so we can sign the recruit." George Brooks was already on staff - and had been so for multiple years. Ben Howland isn't going to hire him just to sway a fringe 4-star recruit.

The best family recruiting pitch came from Press Maravich, father of Pistol Pete. He said, "If you don't sign this (NLI), don't ever come into my house again."

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
So was Nas Little and we see how that worked out. Williams is 6'8" and may not be ready to play SF in college, although that may not mean much to Williams not during his recruitment.

Little would have been ok if he was a better shooter and better off one or two dribbles, both things Ziaire can do.

Cunningham isn't going to UNC unless the OSU staff gets canned within the next 6 months, IMO.

Little would have been ok if he was a better shooter and better off one or two dribbles, both things Ziaire can do.

Maybe, but Little couldn't defend the SF position at all. I could see the same with Williams, but it would be hard to predict at this point. Just was mentioning that kids have a hard time defending their position as a Freshman.

Maybe, but Little couldn't defend the SF position at all. I could see the same with Williams, but it would be hard to predict at this point. Just was mentioning that kids have a hard time defending their position as a Freshman.

For sure. Roy also has had freshman struggle at the wing. He needs a guy to come in and excel.

Don’t know if these guys are considered as OADs but any five star player thinks they are one.In today’s climate staying in college is taken as a personal insult

Pretty sure Love has stated publicly he plans on being one and done.

But like mentioned above all five star recruits think they are going to be one and done.

Man...I see a lot of kids that aren’t ready jumping straight to the nba and washing out quick once the nba ends the one and done rule.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Me too but at least now they have g league to fall back on where before the one and done era, if they washed out of the nba they were pretty much effed as far as playing anywhere in America.

Reactions: Montana81
Boy, hope the cheaters can live up to that recruiting hype.

40-0. National Championship or bust.

Boy, hope the cheaters can live up to that recruiting hype.

40-0. National Championship or bust.

That is Duke last year right?

Hmmm. I’d actually say Duke looks like the much sketchier program but UNC definitely isn’t a school full of saints.

Duke is definitely dirtier recruiting wise but UNC has that whole 20 year academic scandal which quite frankly is worse than every other scandal.

That is Duke last year right?

Duke is definitely dirtier recruiting wise but UNC has that whole 20 year academic scandal which quite frankly is worse than every other scandal.
Sure. I don’t care much about that because I didn’t follow it so therefore I didn’t understand it.

But I totally understand that Zion asked for the riches. Then went to Duke. Don’t have to be a rocket surgeon to...

ADVERTISEMENT