ADVERTISEMENT

New thread because New Bombshell tweets

Flamer? Couldn’t be further from the truth. I expected more out of you.
FYI, flamer in this context doesn't mean gay. You may have already known, but I didnt want your feelings to be hurt by thinking our resident female called you homosexual.

It is amusing that ESPN has talked about everything Zion ever since he committed to Duke and when he is mentioned in something potentially shady it is like it doesn't exist. If they would have mentioned him refusing to be bought, like Nassir Little, ESPN would be running headlines about it.

It is amusing that ESPN has talked about everything Zion ever since he committed to Duke and when he is mentioned in something potentially shady it is like it doesn't exist. If they would have mentioned him refusing to be bought, like Nassir Little, ESPN would be running headlines about it.
Hey now, I hear they put a link to an article about Zion buried somewhere in an LSU corruption article. What more could you want?

Yeah, it's well known Calipari will stop recruiting kids if they show any disrespect to family. Idk who initially did it, but's been a talking point for years now.
Makes sense. If a kid doesnt respect their elders in their family, how in the hell can you expect them to respect their coaches and teammates?

FYI, flamer in this context doesn't mean gay. You may have already known, but I didnt want your feelings to be hurt by thinking our resident female called you homosexual.

I knew what she meant. My heterosexuality was not in question.

However my good name as a contributing poster for many years to this board was. I won’t stand for it. Haha.

Wow, us UK fans get ridiculed for making these statements.

Reactions: TheDude1
You are a near carbon copy of the UNC in KY guy.

Failed to meet expectations, huh?
I do find that charming/amusing coming from a guy.
:oops:

I enjoy razzing Ku folks on this board. @toonces11 @npreston and a few others. I think at this point it’s known that I’m not being serious just having a little fun.

Looks like you’re out of breath. Gonna need to work on that stamina if you are going to come at me ;)

Last edited:

That about sums it up.
More from SEC Media day

Frank Martin:

I’m not gonna sit here and act like I don’t know some of the things that go on in the business. It’s my job to know. Every walk of life, every industry needs to be audited every once in awhile, and this is our audit. Whatever is broken will get fix.

Whoever is not playing… I’m not into this argument that, drugs for example. We all want to sit around and talk about ‘Well, you only did this.’ Well, it’s against the law. Don’t do it. Whatever the rules are, if people don’t like them, change them. Work to change the rule. If the rules are in place, they’re in place. We all need to work underneath or abide by those rules.

I’m not into cheating. That’s the verbiage I’ve used and I will continue to use. I’m not into it. I don’t sit at home and whine about the people that do. They’re the ones that’s jeopardizing their schools, their families, their assistants, their careers. That’s their decision to make in life. I choose not to go into that direction.

But this is our audit. Every company needs to be audited every once in awhile and we’re being audited right now. What I hope is, whatever the mistakes that are being made, some of the of the stuff that the public is learning about that some of us have kinda known is going on, that it gets cleaned up. The rest of the business, which operates pretty good, it’s not as bad as it’s made out to be, but there is some stuff that we, myself included even though I knew some stuff, a lot more stuff is coming public now and will continue to become public. It’s unfortunate but we’re being audited. That’s all it is. We have to sit back and deal with the audit, not point fingers or blame and let that stuff kinda take care of itself and put our arms around a beautiful sport that has brought so much joy to so many people for so many years and let’s fix the problems. Build on the good and continue to move forward.”

Calipari:

“We walk. We walk. We just walk. We’re out. I’m not going to deal with it. I think we when we walk in, we make it clear how we do this and what we do and don’t do so it never comes up. Here’s what I would say: if my staff is uncomfortable with what it is, there are other kids. We’re gonna walk.

“I’ll say this to you guys. It’s not always guys asking for something or insinuating something. It could be this: a kid disrespects his mother or grandmother. I walk out immediately because if he’s disrespectful in that way, how is he ever going to respect me or our institution or the people that we all work for? He’s not going to have that kind of respect. If I see a kid that doesn’t even think about making anybody better and my staff will come back and give me all his stats, we walk.

“So, the thing that Kentucky is not for everyone, we do not get everyone that we start recruiting. Some of them, we walk away from. Some of them, they walk away from us and it’s — you’re not promised anything.”

I enjoy razzing Ku folks on this board. @toonces11 @npreston and a few others. I think at this point it’s known that I’m not being serious just having a little fun.

Looks like you’re out of breath. Gonna need to work on that stamina if you are going to come at me ;)
RollLaugh
As a boy, you have zero chance at out-lasting me in anything I'd find "fun".
I'll gladly relinquish stamina rewards for all things dumb or boring, tho.
Thanks for that laugh tho. Good times.

But in the off-chance that you are, in fact, a professional face sitter; hmu and I'll share with you a few Kansans (er, Ozians? … "locals") that would mos'def be worth your time. :oops:

RollLaugh
As a boy, you have zero chance at out-lasting me in anything I'd find "fun".
I'll gladly relinquish stamina rewards for all things dumb or boring, tho.
Thanks for that laugh tho. Good times.

But in the off-chance that you are, in fact, a professional face sitter; hmu and I'll share with you a few Kansans (er, Ozians? … "locals") that would mos'def be worth your time. :oops:

Sounds like we’ve got more to discuss in private.

Reactions: KisteK
A little testy after your school was brought up in the FBI investigation?

What does any of that have to do with the topic of whether or not UK started the one and done recruiting strategy? Careful not to pull a muscle with all that reaching, bud.

Duke was brought up? Please explain

Legal analysis:

I keep hearing that a “transcript” was read to the judge regarding an alleged phone call. If it wasn’t a recorded call, and was only a transcript of someone’s memory of a call Then there is a reason this wasn’t allowed into evidence: it is textbook hearsay. And double hearsay at that. Hearsay is not allowed because it can’t be corroborated, can easily be made up, is often inaccurately recounted, and is therefore unreliable as evidence.

The Defense’s only “out” here is if the schools knew the payments were made. If they can only point to an alleged conversation recited by one person about a conversation between two other people, provided to him second hand, it is inherently unreliable and not allowed to be considered as fact.

That is why properly done actual wiretap recordings of actual conversations are key in this case.

The fact the reporting on this has been sh!tty doesn’t help, either.

Reactions: JayhawkWriter
Who claimed that it had been proved that he was paid? You took offense to the statement that Duke was mentioned, which they were. All the strawman arguments in the world won't change the fact that a member of your squad was mentioned.

Where was Duke mentioned in the trial?

Would NCAA even dare to investigate Zion Williamson now that he's at Duke? - Yahoo Sports/Dan Wetzel

“Hey,” said Townsend, according to a reading by Code’s attorney, Mark Moore. “Between me and you, you know, he asked about some stuff. You know?”

Who is “he?” Zion Williamson’s father, per Moore’s courtroom account.

“I know what he’s asking for,” Code responded. “He’s asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he’s asking for cash in the pocket and he’s asking for housing for him and his family.”

If this was to follow the basics that played out over the past 2½ weeks here as the underground economy of college athletics was laid bare in a federal fraud trial, that meant a job (lucrative with little to no work), a lot of cash (six figures, minimum) and an apartment or house (rent-free, of course). If you’ve seen Zion play, you’d know that isn’t a bad deal.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Would NCAA even dare to investigate Zion Williamson now that he's at Duke? - Yahoo Sports/Dan Wetzel

“Hey,” said Townsend, according to a reading by Code’s attorney, Mark Moore. “Between me and you, you know, he asked about some stuff. You know?”

Who is “he?” Zion Williamson’s father, per Moore’s courtroom account.

“I know what he’s asking for,” Code responded. “He’s asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he’s asking for cash in the pocket and he’s asking for housing for him and his family.”

If this was to follow the basics that played out over the past 2½ weeks here as the underground economy of college athletics was laid bare in a federal fraud trial, that meant a job (lucrative with little to no work), a lot of cash (six figures, minimum) and an apartment or house (rent-free, of course). If you’ve seen Zion play, you’d know that isn’t a bad deal.

He achieved his ultimate goal. Clicks. Just a fantastic click bait article. Journalism is over in this country unfortunately.

Claim: Duke was mentioned in the FBI investigation.

Proof:

Wasn't admissible evidence (I'm guessing relevancy??), but they were mentioned.

Uk, unc were also mentioned in the trail.

And I’m guessing hearsay. As no actual direct evidence. Phone tap, text message etc.

Reactions: Quavarius
He achieved his ultimate goal. Clicks. Just a fantastic click bait article. Journalism is over in this country unfortunately.

No doubt. I'm surprised more who believe this weren't saying this during the UNC ordeal. I mean, not really surprised but there was a lot of it going on there and many Duke and UK fans took it as gospel.

No doubt. I'm surprised more who believe this weren't saying this during the UNC ordeal. I mean, not really surprised but there was a lot of it going on there and many Duke and UK fans took it as gospel.
Agree. Reminds me of the Chicago Sun Times report w/Davis or the NYT article about Bledsoe that so many gullible fans took as gospel as well.

Reactions: RipThru
What's up with Sean Miller and Arizona? Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't heard much about their little escapade with Ayton.
Wasn't he said to have been on a wiretap talking about getting him to Arizona?
Maybe he's in his office with the lights out under the desk.

Claim: Duke was mentioned in the FBI investigation.

Proof:

Wasn't admissible evidence (I'm guessing relevancy??), but they were mentioned.

You failed. Duke isn’t on tape offering Zion anything, but keep at it.

This is up there with UK created one and done, bahahaha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT