ADVERTISEMENT

***NCAA Tournament - Sweet 16 - Friday Edition***

I “picked” Texas because you’re a Texas fan and decided to ram Texas into some random opinion you were making and apparently have been claiming all season, I highly doubt it btw. Also UNC, even after tonight, is still a top 20 defensive team. Hard to say their defense is laughable. Sometimes you run into a buzz saw.

You would think as a Texas fan you would understand that having watched your football team run into a buzz saw week 1 the last 2 years. Just be glad Maryland isn’t there this year to open up another can of whoop ass.

Judging the teams that Texas has played this year.

UNC was weak defensively. Texas had wide open shots and let Texas' guards have space.
Same thing that happened against Auburn.

Texas Tech didn't give Texas any room on the perimeter in either game.
The second game in Lubbock took the confidence away from the young guards.

Michigan St forced Texas in the half court where they are much more efficient.

Judging the teams that Texas has played this year.

UNC was weak defensively. Texas had wide open shots and let Texas' guards have space.
Same thing that happened against Auburn.

Texas Tech didn't give Texas any room on the perimeter in either game.
The second game in Lubbock took the confidence away from the young guards.

Michigan St forced Texas in the half court where they are much more efficient.

Yes both of those teams are better defensively, but UNC isn’t weak or bad on defense.

Have Michigan St over Duke...
Michigan St with their guards won't turn over the ball and Duke in the half court isn't the same as Duke getting turnovers.
The tournament has showed that.

Duke is 4th in the nation in steals, Michigan St is 298th in turnovers. Winston is a great player but I wouldn’t say he’s a great protector of the ball. He’s had multiple games with like 7 turnovers, didn’t he have like 9 or 10 vs Illinois? I know he had like 5/6 against Michigan in the B1G tourney.

It’ll be a good game between the two schools but the last thing I’d give MSU the nod for is being careful with the rock.

For the Elite 8

- Gonzaga #1 Offense vs Texas Tech #1 Defense.

- Virginia's defense against Threechuckdue.

- Two of the most decorated coaches and great programs meeting one more time in Duke vs Michigan State.

- An all-SEC matchup between its flagship program and a red-hot blueblood killing upstart.
Well, Izzo is due for a win... Let's see if he gets it.

Yes both of those teams are better defensively, but UNC isn’t weak or bad on defense.

UNC has struggled against Texas.
Think Texas has won 4 straight against UNC.

I can look through their games the last 5-10 years but the last two years UNC has been ran off the court by A&M and Auburn.

Not all these teams are exactly the same but they all have great athletes.
Just saying that UNC trying to get 100+ possessions may not work against certain teams.
UNC would have been better suited to control the amount of possessions because they are a lot more efficient offensively.

UNC has struggled against Texas.
Think Texas has won 4 straight against UNC.

I can look through their games the last 5-10 years but the last two years UNC has been ran off the court by A&M and Auburn.

Not all these teams are exactly the same but they all have great athletes.
Just saying that UNC trying to get 100+ possessions may not work against certain teams.
UNC would have been better suited to control the amount of possessions because they are a lot more efficient offensively.

UNC’s Adjusted Tempo is 6th. Auburn’s is 153rd. UNC tries to run everybody out of the gym, its their MO. Do you even KenPom?

Those numbers can be flawed like any statistical analysis.

If you would look at those numbers you would think that would be an advantage for UNC.
I don't think it was.

Great fvcking insight that it didn’t work out 6 hours later. While you’re having this epiphany care to give me the powerball numbers for that last drawing.

Reactions: Monorojo
Great fvcking insight that it didn’t work out 6 hours later. While you’re having this epiphany care to give me the powerball numbers for that last drawing.

Insight comes from actually watching the games.
Statistics only work with a lot of data.
Like more than a few hundred data points.

Like in baseball.
A 229 hitter can get 14 hits his first 33 at bats and look great.

Man alive, if you watched the UK/Houston game you would’ve thought that UNc fans was pullin for Houston. They was going crazy when Houston made their run at UK but after Herro hit that dagger 3 they just kinda stood there with their arms crossed.Laughing

Reactions: kl40504
I said this on Monday...

Michigan State and Texas Tech were the two best teams Texas played.

I like Purdue because of Edwards. He can carry the team.
UNC? I still think White is a weak link on the perimeter. Can be beaten off the dribble.
Think Auburn gives them a game.
They have an older backcourt.

Michigan is another team I am high on.
Michigan/Texas Tech should be the best game of the Sweet 16.

I said this on Monday...

Michigan State and Texas Tech were the two best teams Texas played.

I like Purdue because of Edwards. He can carry the team.
UNC? I still think White is a weak link on the perimeter. Can be beaten off the dribble.
Think Auburn gives them a game.
They have an older backcourt.

Michigan is another team I am high on.
Michigan/Texas Tech should be the best game of the Sweet 16.

Link the post.

tenor.gif

Did anyone else hear Barrett in the post game interview?? A reporter was asking Zion what happened on the last play of the game and Barrett referring to the Va Tech guy said “He missed”. Kinda came across in a smartass tone to me. Zion told the media to “ignore him” Barrett. No a real big deal I just thought it was a little shallow of Barrett!

Did anyone else hear Barrett in the post game interview?? A reporter was asking Zion what happened on the last play of the game and Barrett referring to the Va Tech guy said “He missed”. Kinda came across in a smartass tone to me. Zion told the media to “ignore him” Barrett. No a real big deal I just thought it was a little shallow of Barrett!
Hill was shit talking all night. And..... he missed. So...

Reactions: sgrooms
Man alive, if you watched the UK/Houston game you would’ve thought that UNc fans was pullin for Houston. They was going crazy when Houston made their run at UK but after Herro hit that dagger 3 they just kinda stood there with their arms crossed.Laughing
Last week when the crowd was chanting "U C F" do you think those were all UCF fans?

I do think maybe Duke is just destined to win it all given the invisible lid on the bucket that has saved them the last 2 games.
This is the third game Duke has won like this. It sucks. Some might view it as destiny, I view it as a delay of the inevitable. I don't know what is going on with them, but they haven't looked good in a long time. They have won 6 in a row, and right now winning is the only thing that matters. But damn, I am stressed out watching them. Which is my fault for being stressed out over a bunch of college kids, but it is what it is.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’m not one of those people who scream “Duke gets all the calls” but damn lol they’ve got a lot of good whistles the last few games. I still don’t get how they didn’t call a goaltend on Zion. Ball was clearly on its way down.

This is the third game Duke has won like this. It sucks. Some might view it as destiny, I view it as a delay of the inevitable. I don't know what is going on with them, but they haven't looked good in a long time. They have won 6 in a row, and right now winning is the only thing that matters. But damn, I am stressed out watching them. Which is my fault for being stressed out over a bunch of college kids, but it is what it is.
Duke must have nine lives, because Lady luck has smiled at you last two games.

I’m not one of those people who scream “Duke gets all the calls” but damn lol they’ve got a lot of good whistles the last few games. I still don’t get how they didn’t call a goaltend on Zion. Ball was clearly on its way down.
I'm not one of those people. Followed by being one of those people.

I will let @BeerPoisoning point out all of the injustices Duke has suffered in these games where you people claim Duke gets all the calls.

Reactions: BeerPoisoning
I'm not one of those people. Followed by being one of those people.

I will let @BeerPoisoning point out all of the injustices Duke has suffered in these games where you people claim Duke gets all the calls.

Are you really gonna say Duke hasn’t benefited a lot the last few games? Every team feels like the other team gets the calls but there’s no way you can honestly say Duke hasn’t been really fortunate here lately.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Are you really gonna say Duke hasn’t benefited a lot the last few games? Every team feels like the other team gets the calls but there’s no way you can honestly say Duke hasn’t been really fortunate here lately.
I am not wasting my time with this crap. Any time Duke wins a close game, it is because the refs screwed the other team. There is no other reason with you people.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I am not wasting my time with this crap. Any time Duke wins a close game, it is because the refs screwed the other team. There is no other reason with you people.

Never said that! I just said they have got some really good calls/no calls the last few games.

As has Kentucky, but you probably disagree, amirite?

There were bad calls on both sides. That’s basketball. My only gripe was the Zion elbow that should have been a flagrant 1. That still had zero bearing on the outcome of the game. We had our chances and didn’t capitalize.

Will hurt watching Jones go 0-13 next game

Reactions: Scotty00
As has Kentucky, but you probably disagree, amirite?

No, you’re not right! Go back and read any of my post and you’ll see I’ve never acted like Kentucky didn’t get a call here and there but Duke has got several whistles the last couple games that makes people stop and say wow!

Reactions: KyFaninNC

Like LGD mentioned, that dude was yapping the entire game. RJ must have taken exception to it. It might have been what woke him up in the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT