ADVERTISEMENT

***NCAA Tournament - Sweet 16 - Friday Edition***

There were bad calls on both sides. That’s basketball. My only gripe was the Zion elbow that should have been a flagrant 1. That still had zero bearing on the outcome of the game. We had our chances and didn’t capitalize.

Will hurt watching Jones go 0-13 next game
Review the tape, not an elbow.

Reactions: kl40504
No, you’re not right! Go back and read any of my post and you’ll see I’ve never acted like Kentucky didn’t get a call here and there but Duke has got several whistles the last couple games that makes people stop and say wow!
Like the one that gave VT the ball when Blackshear was OB in the last 5 seconds

Or when the VT players beat the shit out of Zion and Bolden all night.

Duke is 4th in the nation in steals, Michigan St is 298th in turnovers. Winston is a great player but I wouldn’t say he’s a great protector of the ball. He’s had multiple games with like 7 turnovers, didn’t he have like 9 or 10 vs Illinois? I know he had like 5/6 against Michigan in the B1G tourney.

It’ll be a good game between the two schools but the last thing I’d give MSU the nod for is being careful with the rock.

Correct we have very weaknesses but turning it over is one of them.

If MSU is to have a shot at Duke, Winston has to win the matchup vs Jokes. No two ways about it.

Are you really gonna say Duke hasn’t benefited a lot the last few games? Every team feels like the other team gets the calls but there’s no way you can honestly say Duke hasn’t been really fortunate here lately.

4-BE365-DD-77-C7-4-CC1-B189-16-AF73609-F36.jpg

Top left - 3PT shooting foul on Duke
Top right - No foul called
Bottom right - No foul called
Bottom left - 6.6 seconds to go, unreviewable and VT kept possession.

I can dig a mile deeper but these are all majorly game altering / late game. If Tacko gets whistled for lowering his arms, would UCF keep pace? Those 2 pics are just examples, there’s plenty more. Does VT get a last second shot if the charge on Zion was properly ruled a block? Even if you somehow think that’s a clean charge, does VT still get a last second shot if the ref noticed Blackshear blatantly stepping out of bounds?

Can you honestly watch this video and tell me that you think that’s a good charging call? That’s a huge call. Instead of Zion shooting FTs to make it a 2 possession game, now VT has possession.
[video]

I know refs are going to make errors. I also know that Duke is on the winning end of that sometimes... But these last 2 games have been a string of missed calls.

No dog in the fight and it must not be a rule but I thought it was strange that VT players could wear the white pants and under shirts when their opponent is wearing all white...

r

4-BE365-DD-77-C7-4-CC1-B189-16-AF73609-F36.jpg

Top left - 3PT shooting foul on Duke
Top right - No foul called
Bottom right - No foul called
Bottom left - 6.6 seconds to go, unreviewable and VT kept possession.

I can dig a mile deeper but these are all majorly game altering / late game. If Tacko gets whistled for lowering his arms, would UCF keep pace? Those 2 pics are just examples, there’s plenty more. Does VT get a last second shot if the charge on Zion was properly ruled a block? Even if you somehow think that’s a clean charge, does VT still get a last second shot if the ref noticed Blackshear blatantly stepping out of bounds?

Can you honestly watch this video and tell me that you think that’s a good charging call? That’s a huge call. Instead of Zion shooting FTs to make it a 2 possession game, now VT has possession.
[video]

I know refs are going to make errors. I also know that Duke is on the winning end of that sometimes... But these last 2 games have been a string of missed calls.

One more time for the ones having trouble understanding, I’m not saying Duke gets all the calls every game they play, I’m saying the last couple of games they have got some calls that prolly should’ve went the other way.

One more time for the ones having trouble understanding, I’m not saying Duke gets all the calls every game they play, I’m saying the last couple of games they have got some calls that prolly should’ve went the other way.

Doesn't every single team?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT