ADVERTISEMENT

***NBA Playoffs: Finals Thread***

When LeBron has that I'm just gonna do it myself mentality, he is so unstoppable. 11-13 with 26 points. Last 4 possessions they put him on the block and he scored easily every time

Helps when he gets bailed out by bullshit flagrant calls. That one against Lance was criminal.

Let's see it happen in the finals and not worry about the 1st round when it's expected from someone who is clearly superior to his opponent. You know it is Lebron , unless we need to lower the bar for him? Earlier in that 1st round series it looked like we might be seeing Lebron vs Dallas 2011 all over again. Him realizing he doesn't have the horses and essentially mailing it in. He is 33 and Cleveland isn't a trending up roster.
He looked like he was mailing it shooting well over 50% and going for 30-40+ nearly every game?

Think he called MJ for advice on what to do if he goes down in round 1, since MJ did it 3 times?

Reactions: Quavarius
Re-responding to your post because I want to know if you still believe that the Pacers are doomed. Please get back to me with your answer before Game 7 so I can be sure that your answer isn't colored by that outcome.
while I'm getting to you after the fact AND am a Cavs' fan my answer was no....Never thought Indiana was doomed in the series, until about 10 seconds were left.

LeBron is on another level right now. He’s hitting step back 21 footers like he’s in his backyard
And I'll admit I hate those end of quarter step back 3s he takes....even worse when it's a step back deep 2.

I never knew he was undefeated in the first round (12-0) and this is his FIRST Game 7 in the first round. That's impressive, given the amount of times he's been in the playoffs.
And it's not like he's beaten up on all patsies (though many have been 7-8 seeds at .500 or below. Had some early series against Washington that had many close games....able to end them in 6, though.

Helps when he gets bailed out by bullshit flagrant calls. That one against Lance was criminal.
First, they called it a tech, which I thought was odd, second, hitting a guy in the head and not going for the ball is the definition of a flagrant. If you don't like the rule, that's another matter.

I agree he can be a ballhog, but 16 shots is not a small amount.
Compared to shooting 30 or 40 times it is. Just not a fan of Russ, and I'm not biased against him or anything either. Literally, not connections to him negative or positive. He just doesn't seem like a smart basketball player.

Reactions: dtgold88
They all flop, though he's not bad at it. Must admit the guy gets hit every time he goes to the hoop though. Every time.
Yea, kinda goes both ways. He does get fouled hard a lot, more than anyone not named Shaq. But at the same time, he overreacts to very minuscule calls or fouls. Fouls or calls that wouldn't bother anyone but him, because he's LeBron and he thinks he deserves every call.

while I'm getting to you after the fact AND am a Cavs' fan my answer was no....Never thought Indiana was doomed in the series, until about 10 seconds were left.
I agree. Pacers had their chances and just didn't capitalize. My post about whether their fate was predetermined was made to SIhoosiers. Since he didn't answer within the telling timeframe, we can never know for sure what he believed.

Yea, kinda goes both ways. He does get fouled hard a lot, more than anyone not named Shaq. But at the same time, he overreacts to very minuscule calls or fouls. Fouls or calls that wouldn't bother anyone but him, because he's LeBron and he thinks he deserves every call.
I wouldn't say he overreacts to miniscule calls, but he does go to the ground often on "normal" foul calls. Worthy of being called a foul, but not to act like he got shot.

He looked like he was mailing it shooting well over 50% and going for 30-40+ nearly every game?

Think he called MJ for advice on what to do if he goes down in round 1, since MJ did it 3 times?
I get it man you love Cleveland and Lebron sh!ts rainbow sherbert. You saw him deferring to his teammates in instances earlier in that Indiana series before him having to have mammoth games to win the series. It took taking the Pacers 7 games in the 1st round. I wouldn't get too confident and uppity. The Eastern Conference has fallen apart at the top where Boston with their "B" squad and Philly are your only real competition. He was also over 30 points in 4 of the 7 games.

I got a feeling Anthony Davis is gonna have a monster game tonight. Shocker, I know, but I think N.O. wins tonight.

I get it man you love Cleveland and Lebron sh!ts rainbow sherbert. You saw him deferring to his teammates in instances earlier in that Indiana series before him having to have mammoth games to win the series. It took taking the Pacers 7 games in the 1st round. I wouldn't get too confident and uppity. The Eastern Conference has fallen apart at the top where Boston with their "B" squad and Philly are your only real competition. He was also over 30 points in 4 of the 7 games.
I do love your replies when I easily refute your commenbts with logic, facts, and reason. So predictable.

Is "you love Lebron" in some form set up as your default comment in these instances?

and, no, I don't love Lebron. But I'm able to appreciate his greatness....just as I was when he left, as well. Doesn't mean I could not live without his drama queen, narcissistic antics. Calling his teammates my guys as often as he does. Saying I when he should probably say we.

Please feel free to find one quote of me being "uppity or "too confident" that the Cavs would win any series or take the East.

Never change, my man. You are pure comedy.

I got a feeling Anthony Davis is gonna have a monster game tonight. Shocker, I know, but I think N.O. wins tonight.
giphy.gif

Nah...not sure if you do DK, but tougher to get as many of the top guys in there as it is in FD. I had Lebron.
Been playing DK for years. Way better than FD. Profitable, but NBA is rough, no doubt. Baseball and golf been the best to me.

And AD will have huge ownership. So I think it’s a contrarian play. And I like it.

Been playing DK for years. Way better than FD. Profitable, but NBA is rough, no doubt. Baseball and golf been the best to me.

And AD will have huge ownership. So I think it’s a contrarian play. And I like it.
I think you'll get a split between AD and Lebron. Nearly everyone will have one of them I would think with only 2 games.

NBA definitely a crapshoot. Guys who crack me up are the ones who think it's all about their research more than luck. I'll say it's about 90% luck in the playoffs. what research? Teams play the same team for a couple weeks. For the most part, lineups and defensive matchups don't change. I remember looking after 4 games and nearly every player had 2 good to great games and 2 bad or awful.

I do think baseball's an even bigger crapshoot. I don't play unless it's a freebie.

I think you'll get a split between AD and Lebron. Nearly everyone will have one of them I would think with only 2 games.

NBA definitely a crapshoot. Guys who crack me up are the ones who think it's all about their research more than luck. I'll say it's about 90% luck in the playoffs. what research? Teams play the same team for a couple weeks. For the most part, lineups and defensive matchups don't change. I remember looking after 4 games and nearly every player had 2 good to great games and 2 bad or awful.

I do think baseball's an even bigger crapshoot. I don't play unless it's a freebie.

So much of it is built around guys w low ownership. A while back I read some nerd write something about stacking the worst team every night in baseball. Rinse, repeat. That’s a simple way of looking at it, but rings true. You just have to be prepared to lose a lot, but when you win big you’ll crush. Problem is, people don’t like to lose over and over, bubut it’s almost what it takes. I play all tournaments, no cash. Single entries when I can. And while I’m up like 6-7K lifetime, I’ve two buddies that been playing w me since beginning and neither near profitability. It ain’t easy. Fun as hell tho.

I stacked the Rays last night. LOSER.

So much of it is built around guys w low ownership. A while back I read some nerd write something about stacking the worst team every night in baseball. Rinse, repeat. That’s a simple way of looking at it, but rings true. You just have to be prepared to lose a lot, but when you win big you’ll crush. Problem is, people don’t like to lose over and over, bubut it’s almost what it takes. I play all tournaments, no cash. Single entries when I can. And while I’m up like 6-7K lifetime, I’ve two buddies that been playing w me since beginning and neither near profitability. It ain’t easy. Fun as hell tho.

I stacked the Rays last night. LOSER.
What's funny is most will tell you bankroll management is crucial and you must play cash far more than gpp. I tell ya I cannot for the simple fear of nailing a 50-50 that could have won me 100K in a tourney.

I'm definitely hooked, though I'll take a break between NBA and football.

Reactions: 829305
What's funny is most will tell you bankroll management is crucial and you must play cash far more than gpp. I tell ya I cannot for the simple fear of nailing a 50-50 that could have won me 100K in a tourney.

I'm definitely hooked, though I'll take a break between NBA and football.
Totally agree w 50/50. That’ll be the night you drop 400 in NBA DK, no doubt. Ha.

ADVERTISEMENT