ADVERTISEMENT

***NBA Playoffs: Finals Thread***

I could go all the way back to the NBA season thread and find where I called the Thunder being nothing special. They have 3 ball dominant guys that aren't very good at anything but jacking shots. The Jazz are closing them out in either the next game or game six, they are clearly the superior team.
Trae young would do very well in OKC. Jack up shot after shot, play little to no defense, and make one poor decision after another. Perfect fit for him.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I could go all the way back to the NBA season thread and find where I called the Thunder being nothing special. They have 3 ball dominant guys that aren't very good at anything but jacking shots. The Jazz are closing them out in either the next game or game six, they are clearly the superior team.
No need to find it, I remember.....

and If you recall I tried to remind people the NBA was not fantasy basketball.

I still kind of feel like there's only 2 legit contenders.

Would love to be proven wrong and see some team other than the rockets or the Warriors win it.

Jabari Parker dunked on Jayson Tatum. Then gave him a lil flex! #Brotherhood on #Brotherhood crime!

I remember discussing on this board and being criticized by a lot of people. Because I said I thought Ben Simmons was the best player I had seen since Durant and Lebron before him coming out of HS. It didn't work out in college , but man he is just so in control of the game at the NBA level. Even without a jumper.

I remember discussing on this board and being criticized by a lot of people. Because I said I thought Ben Simmons was the best player I had seen since Durant and Lebron before him coming out of HS. It didn't work out in college , but man he is just so in control of the game at the NBA level. Even without a jumper.

So basically he's a bigger Russell Westbrook

So basically he's a bigger Russell Westbrook
Plays with way better control of the game. He is a true facilitator , where Westbrook is really more of a Scoring combo guard. Yes he gets assists but it's a product of the ball always in his hands. Simmons always keeps the ball moving where Westbrook is more of a ball stopper.

I am actually disappointed in Westbrook. Starting to realize he is kinda like this generations Iverson. His teams are better when he is taking all the shots , but not better enough for it to matter. I doubt Westbrook gets to a Finals as the solo star.

Reactions: Quavarius
Bron doing Bron things. 12-15, 31 points.
The rest of team is 12-37.

Plays with way better control of the game. He is a true facilitator , where Westbrook is really more of a Scoring combo guard. Yes he gets assists but it's a product of the ball always in his hands. Simmons always keeps the ball moving where Westbrook is more of a ball stopper.

I am actually disappointed in Westbrook. Starting to realize he is kinda like this generations Iverson. His teams are better when he is taking all the shots , but not better enough for it to matter. I doubt Westbrook gets to a Finals as the solo star.

I like this comparison. Games aren’t identical, but career paths may be pretty similar.

Reactions: dtgold88
giphy.gif

Complete garbage. Pacers should’ve been up 2. Pathetic.
And who knows if he still makes that shot being down versus it being a tie game. More pressure would’ve made the shot tougher. His mentality would’ve totally changed from loose to desperation.

Yeah that sucks they missed the goal tending.

Lebron dragging this otherwise terrible Cleveland team this far is not exactly hurting his already all time great legacy though.

personally the 3-1 come back against that golden state team cemented him as the best to ever play in my mind but I know most would disagree.

I like this comparison. Games aren’t identical, but career paths may be pretty similar.
They are both terribly inefficient. Yea Westbrook bailed OKC out and had 45 points , but 17-39 shooting? That is with him going 5-9 from 3 land.

The Thunder played the half of their lives to extend the series one game. They looked so awful in the first half, just more "me" ball and bad shots. Turned the game off thinking they were done. They won't win at Utah.

Reactions: Quavarius
Cavs are going to the Finals again, the only resistance is potentially the 76ers

Cavs are going to the Finals again, the only resistance is potentially the 76ers
I really don't know. Any other year, LeBron himself can get through the east without much help. I REALLY like the Raptors and the Sixers this season, and I think either one could beat this Cavs team.

Reactions: dtgold88
I really don't know. Any other year, LeBron himself can get through the east without much help. I REALLY like the Raptors and the Sixers this season, and I think either one could beat this Cavs team.
I agree they could beat em, even probably should beat em. I mean, it’s literally Bron and that’s it. Love has been garbage.

Reactions: JimboBBN
It was goaltending, but missed calls happen all the time. If the Pacers dwell on it they're soft.

This is what I mean. If the Pacers adopt the fatalistic approach of your post, they're doomed.
They were doomed before it started. NBA=santa/WWE . It was over when they had to play Lebron. If it wasn't a missed goaltending this game it would have been something else in game 6. It's a shame because the NBA is the prettiest brand of basketball out there, but in terms of competition and rooting for certain teams it is pointless.

Put it this way, if this were to happen to Kansas, UK, Indiana, Duke, really any team at the end of an NCAA tournament game to cost them, there would be riots in the streets. Because it's an NBA game and people just believe what they want to believe they just gloss over it. The fact is however you want to spin it, the refs missed a blatant goaltending call at the end of an NBA playoff game likely costing the Pacers the series. If it was the other way around you better believe they would have called it. That's why the NBA cannot be taken serious competitively.

They were doomed before it started. NBA=santa/WWE . It was over when they had to play Lebron. If it wasn't a missed goaltending this game it would have been something else in game 6. It's a shame because the NBA is the prettiest brand of basketball out there, but in terms of competition and rooting for certain teams it is pointless.

Put it this way, if this were to happen to Kansas, UK, Indiana, Duke, really any team at the end of an NCAA tournament game to cost them, there would be riots in the streets. Because it's an NBA game and people just believe what they want to believe they just gloss over it. The fact is however you want to spin it, the refs missed a blatant goaltending call at the end of an NBA playoff game likely costing the Pacers the series. If it was the other way around you better believe they would have called it. That's why the NBA cannot be taken serious competitively.
It really wasn't a blatant call. Replays showed that it was goaltending, but real time was inconclusive. If you thought downfall was preordained, why did you even bother to watch the game?

It really wasn't a blatant call. Replays showed that it was goaltending, but real time was inconclusive. If you thought downfall was preordained, why did you even bother to watch the game?
I didn't watch the game, I just saw the replay of the last possession. I wouldn't have even done that if it wasn't for Oladipo.

Totally disagree with your last sentence.

Also, Duke lost to Kansas on charge/block call that was missed in the Elite 8 yet no riots in the streets. Kentucky lost to UNC in last year's Elite 8 and although they did threaten a ref with phone calls and Facebook messages, still no riots!

Totally disagree with your last sentence.

Also, Duke lost to Kansas on charge/block call that was missed in the Elite 8 yet no riots in the streets.
I'm not talking about foul calls, those are missed all the time. They are more opinions, based on which team you root for. That call you are talking about could have went either way. A missed goaltending call is a fact and cannot be disputed.

A lot of people will say that it was a blatant call, primarily because it involved Lebron and so many have this visceral hatred of him.
I could give 2 Sh*ts less about Lebron. He's clearly a great player. I just want a game that is called fairly with both teams having a chance to win. Unfortunately you won't find that in the NBA playoffs.

Bron doing Bron things. 12-15, 31 points.
The rest of team is 12-37.
Sad thing is despite Boston and Philly , Lebron is still the favorite in the East with as meh as they are this season compared to the last 2. But whoever comes from the West is gonna smoke em.

Reactions: Montana81
I could give 2 Sh*ts less about Lebron. He's clearly a great player. I just want a game that is called fairly with both teams having a chance to win. Unfortunately you won't find that in the NBA playoffs.
So you're saying the refs were following instructions to blow the goaltending call?

Yep, only obvious calls are missed. Yep!
Not saying that, a lot of calls are missed. That being said foul calls to me are a lot like holding calls in the NFL, they can go either way or at the very least are disputable. When the ball hits the backboard then is tampered with at the end of a playoff game and is not called goaltending, yes to me that is a blatant missed call. I don't know if you are a Lebron fan or what but you aren't going to convince me that if that were to happen to Duke at the end of a big tournament game people wouldn't be up in arms. Hell it would be front page news. But because it is the little ol Pacers going against Lebron everyone glosses over it like it's no big deal.

So you're saying the refs were following instructions to blow the goaltending call?
I'm just saying that if it were the other way around it would be front page news and they would be doing reruns about it all day on ESPN. The refs would be suspended ect.. Because it's just the Pacers vs Lebron it isn't any big deal and it was clearly Oladipo's fault.

I'm just saying that if it were the other way around it would be front page news and they would be doing reruns about it all day on ESPN. The refs would be suspended ect.. Because it's just the Pacers vs Lebron it isn't any big deal and it was clearly Oladipo's fault.
You mean if there had been a blown goaltending call on a shot by Lebron? I don't think so. There'd be a lot of exultation on the Main Board, I can tell you that. Perhaps Lebron's missed opportunity would get more coverage, but I don't think it would prompt conspiracy theories.

You mean if there had been a blown goaltending call on a shot by Lebron? I don't think so. There'd be a lot of exultation on the Main Board, I can tell you that.
If it costed him a game, absolutely. He has a giant following and he should he's a great player, and a pleasure to watch. That being said things like this make the NBA hard to take serious competitively. It's a shame because like I said, the brand of basketball is the best in the world and it isn't close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT