ADVERTISEMENT

***NBA Playoffs: Finals Thread***

It made them lesser over the course of the grueling 82 game regular season as they sacrificed depth which is essential for winning 73 games. But as far as playoff basketball goes, they nearly went 16-0 last year, the year prior they had to overcome a 3-1 lead just to be able to blow the 3-1 lead. Guys like Barnes and Ezeli in particular came up very small against the Cavs. They obviously got infinitely better with the Durant signing, playoff basketball is what matters, I cant wrap my head around how after last year that some people think the Rockets have passed them. They are at the point in their phase as a team/program where regular season basically doesnt matter anymore. LeBron and whatever team he has around him has been in this mode ever since he joined the Heat.
They probably wanted the #1, but once they saw it was out of reach and they couldn't lose the 2 (and it happened pretty early), they went into cruise control.

Reactions: Quavarius
Going back on my point about playoff basketball and the Warriors going 16-1 last year. Lest we forget the Cavs were a phantom blown massive lead from being 12-0 themselves heading into the finals. And the Warriors absolutely murdered them. There is no one close to the Warriors in a 7 game series even without Curry, guarantee it and it will stay that way until 2 of the big 4 leave or hit an age wall. I am looking forward to the Warriors Rockets series more than the Finals this year however, I will grant you that the Rockets are the most interesting team in the postseason and seeing them against the Warriors with home court offers atleast a little bit of suspense.

Warriors will have to go through most likely New Orleans and then Houston this year. Both teams are better than anyone they played last year in the west. Add in the fact their best player isn't gonna be the same with his recurring ankle problems and it's a question. The Warriors have been just ehh since he went down. They are plenty beatable without him. Dominating a mediocre San Antonio team without their best player means nothing. If pop wasn't coaching them they'd have won 35 games.

Reactions: dtgold88
Warriors will have to go through most likely New Orleans and then Houston this year. Both teams are better than anyone they played last year in the west. Add in the fact their best player isn't gonna be the same with his recurring ankle problems and it's a question. The Warriors have been just ehh since he went down. They are plenty beatable without him. Dominating a mediocre San Antonio team without their best player means nothing. If pop wasn't coaching them they'd have won 35 games.

Durant is more valuable than Curry, dont fool yourself.

They probably wanted the #1, but once they saw it was out of reach and they couldn't lose the 2 (and it happened pretty early), they went into cruise control.

That is exactly the case. But the eye test and numbers show that Golden State isn't the force they were last year right now. Will a gimpy Curry change that? It should help but I think a Pelicans series without him would be a war.

Won’t be interesting. Kyrie/LeBron/Love were a much more dangerous trio than Harden/Paul/Capela, and they clowned them. If Curry is not able to play or is severely hampered it will be Warriors in 6. If Curry can play at least 75%, Warriors in 4 or 5.
played 5 games. GS blew them out twice. Cavs blew them out once. other 2 were close games. Clowned?

Rockets are a much better defensive team. They have better role players too. They don't have LeBron but 2-12 they are a ton better than the Cavs last year.
4-12 maybe, but 2-12? Not so sure. If you told the Cavs last year win 65 or you can't be in the playoffs they'd have won 65.

Curry is more valuable to that team. Numbers show that. I am on my phone and don't have a link but I read somewhere that they are actually worse when Durant scores 25+ than when he doesn't. Durant is incredible but he really doesn't change the DNA like Curry does.

That is exactly the case. But the eye test and numbers show that Golden State isn't the force they were last year right now. Will a gimpy Curry change that? It should help but I think a Pelicans series without him would be a war.
I agree. I think GS takes it, but could see NO taking it to 6.

That he’s tired of his coach not supporting his president and tired of his coach trashing him for who he voted for.
Don't mind the coach not supporting the Pres. That's his right. Agree with that second part, though

I think we are set for some good series here. Thoughts and predictions for round 1?

West:
Rockets over Wolves in 5
Thunder over Jazz in 7
Pelicans over Blazers in 7
Warriors over Spurs in 6

East:
Raptors over Wizards in 6
Cavs over Pacers in 6
Sixers over Heat in 5
Bucks over Celtics in 7
So far.. the only series I see myself getting wrong is the Celtics/Bucks. The Celtics have been EXTREMELY impressive without Gordon and Kyrie.

So far.. the only series I see myself getting wrong is the Celtics/Bucks. The Celtics have been EXTREMELY impressive without Gordon and Kyrie.

Bucks have the best player on the floor but the difference in coaching level maybe has never been higher in the NBA playoffs.

Bucks have the best player on the floor but the difference in coaching level maybe has never been higher in the NBA playoffs.
Yup. Every time I underestimate the Celtics, they seem to pleasantly surprise me. I think if they were 100 percent healthy.. they would be far and away the favorite to come out of the east.

This is true, but a lot of people argue against it citing the Warriors regular season record with either player out. Pretty sure that when Curry was out, other players happened to be out, which adversely skewed the record when Durant played without Curry.

Man, I thought the Pelicans would take the series against Portland.. but I also thought it would go seven games. Davis and company just destroying them. What is going on with DL??

This is true, but a lot of people argue against it citing the Warriors regular season record with either player out. Pretty sure that when Curry was out, other players happened to be out, which adversely skewed the record when Durant played without Curry.

Nope. Curry is the most valuable player on the Warriors. Durant is the best. There's a difference. Ask every team who they would rather have out and every single team would say Curry.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Man, I thought the Pelicans would take the series against Portland.. but I also thought it would go seven games. Davis and company just destroying them. What is going on with DL??
I had the Pelicans in 6. I agree with you, didn't see this coming. Jrue Holiday is locking down Damian Lillard and Playoff Rondo is special, him with Davis and shooters like Mirotic has been fun to watch thus far. He really elevates his game another notch in the playoffs

Nope. Curry is the most valuable player on the Warriors. Durant is the best. There's a difference. Ask every team who they would rather have out and every single team would say Curry.

They are comparable shooters but edge to Curry for sure though, Curry has a superior handle, but Curry falls short by far in defense and rebounding. Durant is the better player. Curry has never secured Finals MVP and is unlikely to do it again this year unless whoever comes out of the east is an extremely advantageous matchup for him.

do you have a contact and phone #?

Completely agree. Steph is the key to having their spacing go from good to off the charts. He also pushes the pace almost every single possession leading to open 3s by Thompson and Durant

They are comparable shooters but edge to Curry for sure though, Curry has a superior handle, but Curry falls short by far in defense and rebounding. Durant is the better player. Curry has never secured Finals MVP and is unlikely to do it again this year unless whoever comes out of the east is an extremely advantageous matchup for him.

The Warriors are a net zero with Durant, Klay and Green on the floor without Curry this season.

Yup. Every time I underestimate the Celtics, they seem to pleasantly surprise me. I think if they were 100 percent healthy.. they would be far and away the favorite to come out of the east.

Considering what they're doing without their two best players yes

Although I'd argue Brown will surpass Hayward soon

Completely agree. Steph is the key to having their spacing go from good to off the charts. He also pushes the pace almost every single possession leading to open 3s by Thompson and Durant

It's hard to argue against Curry given they won a title minus Durant but the better all around player is definitely Durant

True, but the title they won minus Durant was over a Cavs' team minus Love and Kyrie.

True.

The fact the Cavs won two that series was all Lebron....look at a game two where basically only seven guys played..

What's crazy is I just looked at plus minus for that game and TT was -21 and James Jones of all people was +22

Quirky

ADVERTISEMENT