ADVERTISEMENT

MSU’s Hauser waiver denied

Are their standards that govern transfers or does the NCAA just make it up on a case by case basis?

They denied the transfer waiver by our transfer who transfered after his coach was fired at UNLV.

Are their standards that govern transfers or does the NCAA just make it up on a case by case basis?

They denied the transfer waiver by our transfer who transfered after his coach was fired at UNLV.
I'm fairly certain they make it up on a case by case basis.

They were supposed to crack down on transfers this year, but it's completely hit or miss.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...lines-limit-immediate-eligibility/1569260001/

The new guidelines are not rules but essentially a set of directions for the NCAA staff that makes initial waiver decisions, which can then be appealed to the Committee on Legislative Relief. They are thought to be in response to a significant increase in the number of waiver requests being submitted to the NCAA this summer and growing frustration among some schools and fans about decisions that appear to be inconsistent in cases that seem to be similar.

In 2018, the NCAA adopted a new standard that would allow waivers to be granted on a case-by-case basis by the committee if the athlete could demonstrate “documented mitigating circumstances outside of the student-athlete’s control and directly impacts the health, safety or well-being of the student-athlete.”

Again according to Jeff Goodman (I know), the school, to which the student is transferring from, plays a key role.

Reactions: TechFan88
^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Btw, IU fan gettin' as intolerable as Purdont. Bunch of hayseeds so zfg.

scUM? They had that ass royally kicked by Cash & Co. in AA, EL AND Chi-town, all in a single season Laughing
B___? Processed
What that dimwit @hailtoyourvictor fails to grasp is the irony of his attempts to paint Izz as irrationally angry when here HE is starting an entire thread on subj. 'cause's still butthurt MSU crushed Beilein's will. Period.
Good God, get a grip buddy SmokinSmile

When you write “B____” to be edgy and “Beilein” in the same post

How? I think the transfer rules are stupid and I don’t think allowing kids to transfer teaches them something wrong.

Izzo does.

"I don’t agree with Jimmy on that," he told the Jamie and Stoney Show on 97.1 The Ticket. "I just think that you commit somewhere -- and they can say coaches do, too, and I agree with that. Maybe it should be that if the coach leaves, the kid can transfer. But what are we teaching our guys? My problem with the 18- and 19- and 20-year olds, I think we’re giving them so much authority that are we really teaching them anything? Because in the real world, you don’t get to do this.
There are some incredibly dumb people ITT. You do realize that you’re not even attempting to understand everything that Izzo has said about this, right? All Izzo wants is consistency within the NCAA, hence his reason for stepping down. This kid has been on campus for months and has more of a case than other kids who were granted eligibility...

the master brings out the best.
Sad post from someone who I’ve never even seen on any board throughout the years. All of the MSU fans ITT have posted on this board in the past...

There are some incredibly dumb people ITT. You do realize that you’re not even attempting to understand everything that Izzo has said about this, right? All Izzo wants is consistency within the NCAA, hence his reason for stepping down. This kid has been on campus for months and has more of a case than other kids who were granted eligibility...
What’s crazy is that Hauser had such a good “case” that neither Izzo or sparty fans can provide one shred of it. The dude should sit out a year per the rules. Period.

What’s crazy is that Hauser had such a good “case” that neither Izzo or sparty fans can provide one shred of it. The dude should sit out a year per the rules. Period.
Are you stupid? The kid has been on campus for months and has been attending classes. Do you really want to compare that to other kids who were immediately granted eligibility? Do you not want consistency in regards to NCAA decisions? FYI, that is all Izzo wants and he has stated as much...

Are you stupid? The kid has been on campus for months and has been attending classes. Do you really want to compare that to other kids who were immediately granted eligibility? Do you not want consistency in regards to NCAA decisions?
Please provide one reason specific to Hauser that shows he should get immediate eligibility. Asking for a friend.

Are you stupid? The kid has been on campus for months and has been attending classes.

BackPoliticalBeardeddragon-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: bMORE607
Uhhhh...yeah if you transfer in May after the season is over, you to sit out the following season.
Tell that to every transfer who has been granted eligibility for their upcoming season in both football and basketball. Tell that to the kids who didn’t take summer courses at their respective schools like Hauser...

Tell that to every transfer who has been granted eligibility for their upcoming season in both football and basketball. Tell that to the kids who didn’t take summer courses at their respective schools unlike Hauser...

Maybe he should have fulfilled his original commitment if he didn't want to sit out a year

God damn crybabies

Reactions: RipThru
Maybe he should have fulfilled his original commitment if he didn't want to sit out a year

God damn crybabies
He did fulfill his original commitment. I would love to hear how he didn’t? FYI, the only issue anyone has with this is the lack of consistency and the randomness of who becomes eligible. The NCAA has proven time and time again that they’re completely illogical in regards to all decision making in sports.

Tell that to every transfer who has been granted eligibility for their upcoming season in both football and basketball. Tell that to the kids who didn’t take summer courses at their respective schools like Hauser...
Once again, please provide one reason specific to Hauser that shows he should be immediately eligible? Is someone in his family sick? Was he getting molested by Marquette doctors? Did one of his coaches physically assault him? Was he being discriminated for being white? We just want one aspect of his “case”.

Once again, please provide one reason specific to Hauser that shows he should be immediately eligible? Is someone in his family sick? Was he getting molested by MSU doctors? Did one of his coaches physically assault him? Was he being discriminated for being white? We just want one aspect of his “case”.

He wasn't going to get enough shots and his momma was upset

Once again, please provide one reason specific to Hauser that shows he should be immediately eligible? Is someone in his family sick? Was he getting molested by Marquette doctors? Did one of his coaches physically assault him? Was he being discriminated for being white? We just want one aspect of his “case”.
Once again, please provide one reason why Hauser shouldn’t be eligible and explain yourself using past decisions from the NCAA... Also, site the specific rules...

Once again, please provide one reason why Hauser shouldn’t be eligible and explain yourself using past decisions from the NCAA... Also, site the specific rules...

Like Potter, he has no mitigating circumstances to get a waiver. Unless having a ball hog of a teammate counts as mitigating.

Both programs should have just made up some bullshit lie to get the waiver like everyone else seems to be doing.

Lol...Izzo had such a good “case” that no one knows any part of it. Denied. End of story.

Reactions: RipThru
Like Potter, he has no mitigating circumstances to get a waiver. Unless having a ball hog of a teammate counts as mitigating.

Both programs should have just made up some bullshit lie to get the waiver like everyone else seems to be doing.
Well, this still doesn’t make sense according to NCAA decisions and rules..

Reactions: VulvHa and klize17
ADVERTISEMENT