ADVERTISEMENT

MSU’s Hauser waiver denied

Elsewhere:

https://971theticket.radio.com/articles/tom-izzo-not-board-jim-harbaugh-transfer-debate

Harbaugh has made it clear that he believes student-athletes should be allowed to transfer one time without having to sit out a year. Izzo is on the other side.

"I don’t agree with Jimmy on that," he told the Jamie and Stoney Show on 97.1 The Ticket. "I just think that you commit somewhere -- and they can say coaches do, too, and I agree with that. Maybe it should be that if the coach leaves, the kid can transfer. But what are we teaching our guys? My problem with the 18- and 19- and 20-year olds, I think we’re giving them so much authority that are we really teaching them anything? Because in the real world, you don’t get to do this.

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2012/05/michigan_state_coach_tom_izzo_22.html

Elsewhere:

https://971theticket.radio.com/articles/tom-izzo-not-board-jim-harbaugh-transfer-debate

Harbaugh has made it clear that he believes student-athletes should be allowed to transfer one time without having to sit out a year. Izzo is on the other side.

"I don’t agree with Jimmy on that," he told the Jamie and Stoney Show on 97.1 The Ticket. "I just think that you commit somewhere -- and they can say coaches do, too, and I agree with that. Maybe it should be that if the coach leaves, the kid can transfer. But what are we teaching our guys? My problem with the 18- and 19- and 20-year olds, I think we’re giving them so much authority that are we really teaching them anything? Because in the real world, you don’t get to do this.

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2012/05/michigan_state_coach_tom_izzo_22.html
Tom Izzo has stated he doesn’t think players should be eligible but if you’re going to randomly give it to players than he thinks it’s silly Joey doesnt.

Tom Izzo has stated he doesn’t think players should be eligible but if you’re going to randomly give it to players than he thinks it’s silly Joey doesnt.

Joey and his “strong case”.... lol.

What is Izzo teaching him?? In the real world you don’t get to do this!

The frustration stems from kids elsewhere getting their waivers approved seemingly arbitrarily.
Where did he transfer from? Reason I ask is the last two UK transfers (Green, Baker) were awarded eligibility largely in part of UK/Cal "going to bat" for them. (per Jeff Goodman)

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Where did he transfer from? Reason I ask is the last two UK transfers were awarded immediate eligibility largely in part of UK/Cal "going to bat" for them. (per Jeff Goodman)
From Marquette.

And I honestly have no idea what the details of his case were. Some sort of unrest within the program, but that's just the rumors.

He's an angry Izzo.....

tenor.gif

Where did he transfer from? Reason I ask is the last two UK transfers (Green, Baker) were awarded eligibility largely in part of UK/Cal "going to bat" for them. (per Jeff Goodman)

I agree this is a big factor in being eligible immediately, but disagree with the use of it. The school you leave being a crybaby or proponent of the move should not be a factor in whether the player is eligible. Players who are run off shouldn’t be treated better than guys who don’t like the experience.

I agree this is a big factor in being eligible immediately, but disagree with the use of it. The school you leave being a crybaby or proponent of the move should not be a factor in whether the player is eligible. Players who are run off shouldn’t be treated better than guys who don’t like the experience.

That reads like you are speaking for them. Which players, in your opinion were "run off", and which players didn't like the experience? Again, just in your opinion? I'm not trying to throw Marquette under the bus here,but they have more scholarship players than UK. Did Marquette "run them off"? How would you know that? I'm genuinely curious.

Last edited:
Juwan Howard was guilty in the biggest pay for play scandal in NCAA basketball history. What does that teach this kids?

Jim Harbaugh has a DUI. What does that teach these kids?

Are you dense? My “what does that teach the kid?” comment was mocking a direct quote from Izzo.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Oh I got it. I just found it ironic coming from a Michigan fan.

How? I think the transfer rules are stupid and I don’t think allowing kids to transfer teaches them something wrong.

Izzo does.

What do you mean? UK fan here and not sure what this refers to. TIA

He thinks I was insulting the ethics of letting a kid transfer and his rebuttal was Michigan coaches have done unethical things, too.

But I clearly wasn’t insulting the ethics of letting the kid transfer. I was insulting Tom’s belief that letting kids transfer teaches them something wrong while also being upset his transfers can’t play right away.

Hauser started every game for Marquette last year.

Marquette didn’t have a coaching change.

Hauser moved away from his home state.

Hauser’s brother also transferred and didn’t apply for a hardship waiver.

I think all players should get to transfer once without sitting a season. The NCAA sucks at being consistent with hardship waivers so they should just allow every one to do it. But as it is, on the surface it would take a lot of convincing for me to buy Hauser’s transfer as a hardship transfer.

He thinks I was insulting the ethics of letting a kid transfer and his rebuttal was Michigan coaches have done unethical things, too.

But I clearly wasn’t insulting the ethics of letting the kid transfer. I was insulting Tom’s belief that letting kids transfer teaches them something wrong while also being upset his transfers can’t play right away.
Izzo has said all along he doesn't like the transfer rules - doesn't mean he's not gonna go to bat for a kid who could benefit from the them. He's obviously frustrated because he feels Hauser has as good or better of a case than many others who have been approved.

Reactions: MGC_07
Izzo has said all along he doesn't like the transfer rules - doesn't mean he's not gonna go to bat for a kid who could benefit from the them. He's obviously frustrated because he feels Hauser has as good or better of a case than many others who have been approved.

Yes, all while thinking it’s gonna teach Hauser something wrong about life.

Allegedly.

So he hates it for everyone else, but only loves it b/c it would benefit his team?

Noted

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT