ADVERTISEMENT

***Maui Invitational thread**

Point is I have watched WVU.
All I said after the Pitt game was that Pitt isn't any good. Pitt would go 0-18 in the Big 12 in basketball.
Plus I said I saw issues with penetration.

Watch our for Northern Iowa. They are even better than Northern Colorado at what they do.

Pitt beat Kansas State. Maybe they would go 1-17?

Its way too early to make all these predictions and think we will be fairly accurate.

Pitt beat Kansas State. Maybe they would go 1-17?

I watched a lot of that second half.
K State was in their position because they missed almost all their free throws but had a to miss a free throw to have a chance at tying the game.
Ended up not getting the rebound.

Pitt has a few players that are impressive. I guess they are a young team.
It was their front court that came up big while their guards were overwhelmed.

K State is going to struggle against teams who can pound the glass.

What's the rational for the order of the games today? Seems like they just drew the games out of a hat.

5th place game- 2:30 pm
Championship game- 5:00 pm
7th place game- 9:00 pm
3rd place game- 11:30 pm
It’s awful. The championship game will be missed by half the country because it’s the busiest traveling day of the year. It should be at 9:00 EST.

Disagree- I like the 5:00 Tip since I usually go out afterwards to enjoy the night- plus here is a link https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/11/duke-ratings-maui-invitational-gonzaga/ - last year's final was at 5:00 as well...
Ok. That works for you. Not for everybody else. Most people don’t go out the night before Thanksgiving and 5:00 EST is 2:00 PST. It’s still daylight/working hours for most of the country and a lot of them will still be traveling. It makes a whole lot more sense to show it at 9:00 EST.

Just my opinion.

Ok. That works for you. Not for everybody else. Most people don’t go out the night before Thanksgiving and 5:00 EST is 2:00 PST. It’s still daylight/working hours for most of the country and a lot of them will still be traveling. It makes a whole lot more sense to show it at 9:00 EST.

Just my opinion.

I see your point as well- but I got the TV ratings behind me :p

Good luck tonight to KU!

Reactions: schoonerwest
Disagree- I like the 5:00 Tip since I usually go out afterwards to enjoy the night- plus here is a link https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/11/duke-ratings-maui-invitational-gonzaga/ - last year's final was at 5:00 as well...

Doesn't really matter to me, I'll find a way to watch the competitive games. Just seems strange to have the championship game sandwiched in between the 5th place and 7th place games.

As far as the ratings, I think what moved the needle the most was Duke itself. They had quite the following after the Kentucky game. Of the top 20 highest rated games last year, Duke was in 14 of them.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Doesn't really matter to me, I'll find a way to watch the competitive games. Just seems strange to have the championship game sandwiched in between the 5th place and 7th place games.

As far as the ratings, I think what moved the needle the most was Duke itself. They had quite the following after the Kentucky game. Of the top 20 highest rated games last year, Duke was in 14 of them.
you spelled zion wrong

This is why college refs suck. Calling a completely different game this half then they did first half.

Last edited:
It appears that the refs have money on Kansas

Yeah terrible foul there and it’s a game changer since it’s his second.

Nit sure how you can defend Doka in the post 1v1. Must have a very tall guy front him and pressure the ball a bit I guess?

ADVERTISEMENT