ADVERTISEMENT

Manu Ginobli retires

24UW.gif

One of the best 6th men in the league retires today after 16 seasons in the NBA.

Always enjoyed his play, dude could flat out ball, and had an incredible IQ.
Pretty crazy that James Harden was once 6th man of the year and 6 years later he's the league MVP.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Best 57th pick in NBA history I would imagine. Also is he the best 2nd round pick ever?
Interesting question. Had to google it. Alex English and Willis Reed are both HOF'ers that were 2nd round picks. Also, Dennis Rodman was a 2nd round pick.

Best 57th pick in NBA history I would imagine. Also is he the best 2nd round pick ever?

schooner mentioned some of the all-time greats. But there are a lots of studs in the NBA today that were 2nd round picks... Goran Dragic, Nikola Jokic, DeAndre Jordan, Paul Millsap, Draymond Green, Isaiah Thomas, Marc Gasol, and Hassan Whiteside are a few of the notable ones. Not sure where I'd place Manu, but he was a main cog for 4 championship runs by the Spurs. Gotta think he's somewhere in the top 5 of all-time.

I think it'd probably be better to compare ranges, like 31-60, when referencing late-picks. Willis Reed was a 2nd round pick, but the guy was the 8th overall pick in the draft. Hardly the same thing as Manu going 57th...

MG is the guy you hate to play against. You might be faster, stronger, have a better vert----but somehow he can still beat you. He was a master of angles imo.

MG is the guy you hate to play against. You might be faster, stronger, have a better vert----but somehow he can still beat you. He was a master of angles imo.
He went left every time. Everyone knew it too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT