ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs North Carolina

I for one. Will be glad when kids can pro straight out of high school.
This crap today, isn’t basketball
I agree. It is basketball though, it's just not the basketball we grew up loving. I want the best talent to be at Duke, but I have more appreciation for the Schyers and the Nolan Smiths. Sheldon Williams and J.J. Redicks of the world than I do the passersbys. Not that I don't want the top players to come for one year. Just that I don't feel like I have any connection to them. Not that I have a real connection with the 4 year guys. But you get what I am saying. Something about saying, go Bagley in the NBA just seems disingenuous.

What exactly are you being censored on?
3 of my post from yesterday with the message that I have no more warnings. The next one will get me banned.
I’d be cool with it if I’d been warned before but to pick 3 post in a single day & then tell me that’s my 3rd warning is lame.
Guess I’ll just have to bite my tongue.

I agree. It is basketball though, it's just not the basketball we grew up loving. I want the best talent to be at Duke, but I have more appreciation for the Schyers and the Nolan Smiths. Sheldon Williams and J.J. Redicks of the world than I do the passersbys. Not that I don't want the top players to come for one year. Just that I don't feel like I have any connection to them. Not that I have a real connection with the 4 year guys. But you get what I am saying. Something about saying, go Bagley in the NBA just seems disingenuous.

How long do OADs have to remain academically eligible? Is it just the fall since the tourney is over before grades are reported for the spring? It just seems ridiculous to only remain academically eligible for one semester. Either make them go to school or don’t.

Reactions: kyjeff1
3 of my post from yesterday with the message that I have no more warnings. The next one will get me banned.
I’d be cool with it if I’d been warned before but to pick 3 post in a single day & then tell me that’s my 3rd warning is lame.
Guess I’ll just have to bite my tongue.
Strange. You must have hurt some feelings.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
How long do OADs have to remain academically eligible? Is it just the fall since the tourney is over before grades are reported for the spring? It just seems ridiculous to only remain academically eligible for one semester. Either make them go to school or don’t.
I feel you. I just don't have any answers.

Reactions: jhmossy
I really have no issues with uncfan being censored or whatever. However, there are some other guys here who flame just as bad as he does.

My question is about those that go through the draft process but then return to school.
I’ll use PJ Washington as an example. He went through the draft combine, worked out for many nba teams. A month before the combine he worked out in Texas with trainers.... how did he maintain his eligibility?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.courier-journal.com/amp/590761002

I believe he pulled out way early. Take that however you wish
That link was from May. Classes are still going on in May.
I’m not trying to single him out, it’s like that for every underclassman that returns.
They go through the combine, private workouts & interviews.
No way they’re in class doing work.

Well at UNC they stay academically eligible for ever. Eyeroll No class, no worry.

I really have no issues with uncfan being censored or whatever. However, there are some other guys here who flame just as bad as he does.
I don't condone censorship. I am all about people's right to cuss, yell and insult others as long as it is not completely one sided.

Really. That is flaming? Uh, NO.
No attacking other posters. If you feel the need to harass another poster, don't do it. What is considered attacking other posters?
  • Bringing up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, just to get a reaction from them.
  • Consistently responding to their posts and responding with no merit other than to belittle them.
  • In short, making a poster a target
You break this rule on a daily basis with me.

Reactions: dirtyrock15
I don't condone censorship. I am all about people's right to cuss, yell and insult others as long as it is not completely one sided.

I agree completely. There would no banning or censoring at all if it were me. We can just respond or ignore who we want. My only point is there are entire accounts here created simply to flame with no positive contributions whatsoever. They shouldn't be censored either. However, if others are then why the discrepancy?

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
No attacking other posters. If you feel the need to harass another poster, don't do it. What is considered attacking other posters?
  • Bringing up their name in posts that they did not start or were not involved in, just to get a reaction from them.
  • Consistently responding to their posts and responding with no merit other than to belittle them.
There was a day when we took people like you out back and beat you with the firehose. Now you got your got damn unions.

No one cares if it is about the UNC stuff though.

They will care now for show because of this conversation probably but they always let it go. Also, I'm not condoning stuff you have done either. You go way too far with Kentucky stuff.

No one cares if it is about the UNC stuff though.

They will care now for show because of this conversation probably but they always let it go. Also, I'm not condoning stuff you have done either. You go way too far with Kentucky stuff.
I agree but you can’t pick & choose which rules to Enforce.
If I’m getting a warning, then a lot of people should get warnings.

I agree. However, homophobic posts go over the edge.

Lol. There was a Kentucky poster here that numerous times talked about all sorts of derogatory homophobic stuff with me, insulted my wife and family, and lost his cool in embarrassing fashion. However, nothing was ever done to him at all, which is fine. I didn't want them to do anything. I found it all entertaining. Just saying your point isn't exactly accurate.

Reactions: dirtyrock15
I agree but you can’t pick & choose which rules to Enforce.
If I’m getting a warning, then a lot of people should get warnings.
Not everyone is calling people names and making homophobic references.

You haven’t been singled out, you warning was appropriate.

Reactions: kl40504
They’re not my rules. Just curious which ones we’re supposed to follow.
@Longstrangetrip has sent me warnings and deleted some posts in the past. But I don't think that they really want to ban anyone. I think it originates from people that report your comments. So you must have someone hitting the snitch button on you. To me, that's worse than a mod censoring your posts. I wish they would tell us who the snitches are.

ADVERTISEMENT