ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Indiana

I get the severity of the issue. I also know that I don't have any sort of malpractice insurance and in this climate I'm not going to be the one to put a transvag probe in a sexually inactive 14 year old. If that situation ever presents itself, I'll just hope the ER doctor can scan themsleves and my radiologist/superior see it from my perspective.
They still have to consent for the procedure man. You wouldn’t get sued if you obtain written consent.

Reactions: tw3301 and sgrooms
You asked me how it's a stretch to call Louisville a "Easily a top 20 team".
I don't think it's that much of a stretch. You know how hard it is to come in and compete in that building during big games. They've already beat the preseason BIG favorites and almost won in arguably one of the toughest places to play in college basketball.

Disagree. I don't think being ranked 20-25 makes someone "easily top 20".

I know you won't bet on it because you don't really think Louisville is easily in the top 20, so we can just move on.
Realistically, you're arguing over 1 spot among 350+ spots.

This has semantics written all over it

More that there is a difference between "easily top 20" and "potentially top 25".

Do you think Louisville is "easily a top 20 team"?

Yes. Our team is good and will get better. It was a good game vs UT until late, really beat Marquette in reg but lost in OT (they've beaten 2 top 15 teams this week) and we lost by 1 in Assembly Hall. We've beaten MSU, won @ Seton Hall (who #9 UK lost to today) Yes I can say they are #9 because they are even though I dont believe they are top 20 at the moment.

We should be 12-3 headed to Chapel Hill as long as we don't lose at home to UK, which I don't think will happen, and that will be another ranked win, unless they drop out by then, which I doubt.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch. You know how hard it is to come in and compete in that building during big games. They've already beat the preseason BIG favorites and almost won in arguably one of the toughest places to play in college basketball.
He likes to play devils advocate.

Reactions: American Male
Yes. Our team is good and will get better. It was a good game vs UT until late, really beat Marquette in reg but lost in OT (they've beaten 2 top 15 teams this week) and we lost by 1 in Assembly Hall. We've beaten MSU, won @ Seton Hall (who #9 UK lost to today) Yes I can say they are #9 because they are even though I dont believe they are top 20 at the moment.

We should be 12-3 headed to Chapel Hill as long as we don't lose at home to UK, which I don't think will happen, and that will be another ranked win, unless they drop out by then, which I doubt.
I don't think that there's any doubt that UL should be a top 20 team based off of the games played so far this season!

Hell, if UK is the 9th best team then UL has an argument for the top spot.

Realistically, you're arguing over 1 spot among 350+ spots.

This has semantics written all over it

The "easily" is more my focus that "1 spot".

Louisville is easily a top 20 team. Stretch.
Louisville is potentially a top 20 team. Not a stretch.

Michigan is easily a top 2 team.
Stretch.
Michigan is potentially a top 2 team. Not a stretch.

Pretty simple.

He likes to play devils advocate.

Kenpom has Louisville at 40. They won't be in the top 25 in the next AP or Coaches poll. Saying that I don't think Louisville is easily a top 20 team isn't being devils advocate.

Potentially top 20? Sure.
Easily top 20? Stretch.

That isn't some absurd logic.

Reactions: sgrooms and UL_1986
Kenpom has Louisville at 40. They won't be in the top 25 in the next AP or Coaches poll. Saying that I don't think Louisville is easily a top 20 team isn't being devils advocate.

Easily top 20? Stretch.

I just wanted to utilize the phrase playing devils advocate.

Reactions: jace46555

You don't believe they are top 20 at the moment yet you're throwing a fit because I said it's a stretch to call them a top 20 lock? Ffs you guys.......

Reactions: sgrooms

Easily top 20? Stretch.

Do you believe that they are the 40th best team? Do you believe they are the 37th best team according to AP voters?

Because I believe that’s a stretch.

Reactions: jace46555
Do you believe that they are the 40th best team? Do you believe they are the 37th best team according to AP voters?

Because I believe that’s a stretch.

I think they are better than those rankings. I can also objectively step back and understand why calling them a top 20 lock is a bit premature.

You yourself said you don’t think they are top 20 right now. How can they be a top 20 lock if you don’t even think they are top 20?

The "easily" is more my focus that "1 spot".

Louisville is easily a top 20 team. Stretch.
Louisville is potentially a top 20 team. Not a stretch.

Michigan is easily a top 2 team.
Stretch.
Michigan is potentially a top 2 team. Not a stretch.

Pretty simple.
No I completely understand what you're saying here...I honestly think its just semantics. I believe you even said (correct me if I'm wrong) that you think their a top 25 team. If that's the case then you're basically talking about a couple of spots.

But besides that, I don't think it's crazy at all for someone to say they are definitely a top 20 team. Actually, after watching them today, and against Michigan State...I agree with top 20.

I think it's a stretch to say Louisville is a top 20 lock.

I think it's fair to say Louisville has top 20 potential.

@HRTheCard you seriously have an issue with me saying that? You guys are odd.

Reactions: sgrooms
Tbh I just wanna make the tourney, because as a 8-9 seed, no one is gonna wanna face us.
Right now, an 8/9 seed, as a UL fan, would be somewhat disappointing. I like your team. Of course I haven;t watched today's game. But I've seen enough vs MU, Seton Hall, and MSU to feel this team is better than an 8/9 seed.

Right now, an 8/9 seed, as a UL fan, would be somewhat disappointing. I like your team. Of course I haven;t watched today's game. But I've seen enough vs MU, Seton Hall, and MSU to feel this team is better than an 8/9 seed.
I agree, but our schedule is hard and I see is getting a 5 seed at best.

No I completely understand what you're saying here...I honestly think its just semantics. I believe you even said (correct me if I'm wrong) that you think their a top 25 team. If that's the case then you're basically talking about a couple of spots.

But besides that, I don't think it's crazy at all for someone to say they are definitely a top 20 team. Actually, after watching them today, and against Michigan State...I agree with top 20.

"Definitely", "Easily", "Lock" are important distinctions, not semantics.

I think it's a stretch to say Louisville is a top 20 lock.

I think it's fair to say Louisville has top 20 potential.

@HRTheCard you seriously have an issue with me saying that? You guys are odd.
I know I've used my "word of the day calendar " word over 20 times today....but this screams semantics.

On a side note...I can't wait to see what tomorrow's word is!

I know I've used my "word of the day calendar " word over 20 times today....but this screams semantics.

On a side note...I can't wait to see what tomorrow's word is!

There is a big difference between lock and potential. Calling that semantics is a cop out.

What do you consider the best ranking/rating services out there? (AP, Coaches, Kenpom, etc.)?

I agree, but our schedule is hard and I see is getting a 5 seed at best.
Ya know, I almost put that in my post; Your schedule. Only reason i did not, is because I tink your schedule will actually help. Plus, you have good wins already vs MSU and Seton Hall. IMO, I think UL could sneak onto that "4 line". Could. TBH, right now, I think 5/6/7 is UL's floor. But things can change. But I do like this UL team.

There is a big difference between lock and potential. Calling that semantics is a cop out.

What do you consider the best ranking/rating services out there? (AP, Coaches, Kenpom, etc.)?
It's been argued many times that each one has its faults. But, based off of nothing more than a common sense eye test....there aren't 20 teams currently playing better then them imo.

It's been argued many times that each one has its faults. But, based off of nothing more than a common sense eye test....there aren't 20 teams currently playing better then them imo.

Which one or two do you consider the least faulty/most accurate?

Ya know, I almost put that in my post; Your schedule. Only reason i did not, is because I tink your schedule will actually help. Plus, you have good wins already vs MSU and Seton Hall. IMO, I think UL could sneak onto that "4 line". Could. TBH, right now, I think 5/6/7 is UL's floor. But things can change. But I do like this UL team.
Agree 100%. Gonna be a fun season for both squads, great storied programs with excellent new coaches.

Michigan is easily one of the top 2 teams in the country.

I can't believe none of you see how much a stretch that statement would be. I wouldn't defend a Michigan fan that said that. Big difference between "easily" being a top 2 team and "possibly" being a top 2 team.

Bastard! You're missing out on the 20 degree weather we're being blessed with currently.
Haha, yeah man, haven’t had to deal with Louisville winter since I started grad school at UC Berkeley almost 8 years ago. I do miss season change sometimes though, especially fall.

Which one or two do you consider the least faulty/most accurate?
I understand what you're saying here...and believe it or not, I agree with you. Based of of the metrics currently available...their not a top 20 team. But, off of what I've seen with my own eyes...I don't believe that there are 20 teams currently playing better.

I'm not at all saying that they will be ranked in top 20 Monday. Instead, I'm saying with how their playing...they SHOULD be ranked in top 20. But, when you're current polls are so flawed that a UK team that shouldn't be ranked is #9...you can't put too much faith in the polls to rank each team where they should be.

Let me ask you...based off what you've seen ..do you really think there's 20 teams currently playing better than UL?

Michigan is easily one of the top 2 teams in the country.

I can't believe none of you see how much a stretch that statement would be. I wouldn't defend a Michigan fan that said that. Big difference between "easily" being a top 2 team and "possibly" being a top 2 team.
Um...based off of the information we currently know off of roughly 9 games...I personally think they are in the top 2. Actually, I think they have a legitimate argument for the top spot. They have the best true away game win of the season and they dismantled a team that is considered to be one of the few teams that can win a championship.

Um...based off of the information we currently know off of roughly 9 games...I personally think they are in the top 2. Actually, I think they have a legitimate argument for the top spot. They have the best true away game win of the season and they dismantled a team that is considered to be one of the few teams that can win a championship.

If I came out with that shit (saying that Michigan is definitely better than Gonzaga, Duke, and Kansas) it would be the most homer thing I've said about Michigan all year.

Haha, yeah man, haven’t had to deal with Louisville winter since I started grad school at UC Berkeley almost 8 years ago. I do miss season change sometimes though, especially fall.
What field did you go into after your masters? I'm going to assume that after 8 years in...you're still not working on your masters lol. I didn't think that there were a ton of options for recently graduated students there? I'm not up on the California job market, but I'd guess that outside of silicon valley...there isn't much?

ADVERTISEMENT