ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Indiana

Understaffed and overworked, that never helps either!
Its a shame, Kevin. The drug issues have ruined ER visits for folks like ourselves. I fractured a small bone in my wrist back during baseball. I stayed in the game, but moved to the bases. After about an inning, I was in wreathing in pain. My wife had just had some surgery on her teeth. So she had some pain meds. I told the coaches---"I have to take something. If not, I cannot finish". They were cool. I go to hospital after game. Ask me had I taken anything. I said yes---Lorotab. My wife was prescribed some, so she gave me one. Nurse just nods. Doc comes in. Aske me how I am feeling. I'm like fine. Except for you know, this wrist thingy. Ask me if I've been feeling sick....chills.....fever, etc, etc...Confused, I'm like---"No"? Has we lay down. ZPushes on my stomach. Ask if there's any pain. Ummm, no? I'm like, "WTF"? Does this dude know what the hell he's doing? I mean he does know I hurt my WRIST......Right? He leaves, and my wife is furious. SHe's like, "Baby, you know what he's doing------right"? Ummmm, nope. She goes on---"He's checking you for withdrawl symptons". Ok...........From? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....He comes back, says X-ray shows a fracture---maybe a break. Wants to get a 2nd look. Ok. Ask, "you need something for the pain"? Hell I'm embarrassed. But hurting. So I say yeah.

Brings me Tylenol.Laughing

I tell the nurse. "We are leaving. Keep the tylenol". She's like---"is there a problem"? Sure there is. Your doctor thinks I'm an addict. Explains to me that's protocol. Really. Its protocol to treat a patient with a broken/fractured wrist as a drug addict"? She says, "well it does raise a flag when a patient tells us they taken an unprescribed, narcotic". Really? Seems to me it was raise a flag if I DIDN'T tell you. No response. Of course not. Doc comes in, gets the scoop. Says he's sorry. Didn't mean to offend me. I'm an understanding, dude. They give me a pain pill..........And now I'm really understanding.:D

I mean, you can't get mad...But then , shit....YOu can. Is what is.

Its a shame, Kevin. The drug issues have ruined ER visits for folks like ourselves. I fractured a small bone in my wrist back during baseball. I stayed in the game, but moved to the bases. After about an inning, I was in wreathing in pain. My wife had just had some surgery on her teeth. So she had some pain meds. I told the coaches---"I have to take something. If not, I cannot finish". They were cool. I go to hospital after game. Ask me had I taken anything. I said yes---Lorotab. My wife was prescribed some, so she gave me one. Nurse just nods. Doc comes in. Aske me how I am feeling. I'm like fine. Except for you know, this wrist thingy. Ask me if I've been feeling sick....chills.....fever, etc, etc...Confused, I'm like---"No"? Has we lay down. ZPushes on my stomach. Ask if there's any pain. Ummm, no? I'm like, "WTF"? Does this dude know what the hell he's doing? I mean he does know I hurt my WRIST......Right? He leaves, and my wife is furious. SHe's like, "Baby, you know what he's doing------right"? Ummmm, nope. She goes on---"He's checking you for withdrawl symptons". Ok...........From? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....He comes back, says X-ray shows a fracture---maybe a break. Wants to get a 2nd look. Ok. Ask, "you need something for the pain"? Hell I'm embarrassed. But hurting. So I say yeah.

Brings me Tylenol.Laughing

I tell the nurse. "We are leaving. Keep the tylenol". She's like---"is there a problem"? Sure there is. Your doctor thinks I'm an addict. Explains to me that's protocol. Really. Its protocol to treat a patient with a broken/fractured wrist as a drug addict"? She says, "well it does raise a flag when a patient tells us they taken an unprescribed, narcotic". Really? Seems to me it was raise a flag if I DIDN'T tell you. No response. Of course not. Doc comes in, gets the scoop. Says he's sorry. Didn't mean to offend me. I'm an understanding, dude. They give me a pain pill..........And now I'm really understanding.:D

I mean, you can't get mad...But then , shit....YOu can. Is what is.
Yeah, it's pretty sad that is protocol these days, especially since the whole epidemic was started by hospitals/doctors/big pharma prescribing highly addictive pain killers like they were handing out halloween candy. Keeps them in business. :mad:

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah, it's pretty sad that is protocol these days, especially since the whole epidemic was started by hospitals/doctors/big pharma prescribing highly addictive pain killers like they were handing out halloween candy. Keeps them in business. :mad:

Blaming hospitals is lame.

ADVERTISEMENT