ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs Indiana

I like you man. But I have to say----this post really bothers me. I'll tell you why. As a doctor, you cannot have this attitude. To me if you do, you can overlook something. And that can cost someone thier life. I will give you an example. An example that involves me.

I went to the ER about 4 years ago. Complained of fast HR, palpatations, etc, etc...had my wife take me to Jewish Hospital in Louisville. The doc who checked me out looked very disinterested. Hurried through the process. She told me, "you are just having anxiety attacks". No test....no x-rays.....No nothing. I heard he tell the nurse----"I hate nights like this. People coming in here for simple things". gave me a prescription of Xanax, and sent me home. This took about an hour. Two weeks later, I am back at the SAME hospital. First qestion I am asked---"wasn't you just here a few weeks ago"? Yes, I was. Next thing shocked me......."Are you out of your Xanax"? Ummmm, no. Immediately I was embarrassed. Felt like I was being trated as a pill chaser. Again, NO test....NO noting. Sent me home. Again...there less than an hour.

Three weeks later, Im in the hospital. Being treated for a very serious, and possibly life threatening arrhythmia disorder. It was only caught b/c I again went to the hospital, only this time to my local, small town hospital. They happened to put a heart momitor on me. Which caught the issue' My heart rate was getting up to 300 bpm. Never checked me for this at Jewish. And why? Because they seemingly had the same thought you did. That attitude could have cost me my life.

I like you man. But this is a very concerning comment.
They didn't even check your BP the first 2 visits? That's hard to believe. That is usually the first thing done, even for a routine check-up. They would have realized the high pulse rate if they did. You don't need a heart monitor to figure that out.

Lol okay guy. Im doing great, happy with work. Sorry the game upset you enough to be randomly mad that I work in an ED. First it sucked because it was military and it wasn’t busy and lame, now it sucks cuz it’s civilian while being too busy. Weird thing to go off about, but I understand the game affects people differently.

Good for you! Not upset with the game or where you work! NEVER said it sucked because it was the military...I said I KNOW that ER at a military hospital on the weekends are NOT as busy as you or Hail would make it out to be...Seems you're short on reading comprehension as a ER Physician!!!

And yes...IT SUCKS for you to work in the ER in a Civilian Hospital for the reasons I stated...If you try to deny the ABUSE that Civilian Medical Facilities are exposed to by Addicts, Hypochondriacs and Undocumented Individuals seeking FREE medical help then you're a Buffon!!!

Now, Spin That!!!

SmokinSmile

I like you man. But I have to say----this post really bothers me. I'll tell you why. As a doctor, you cannot have this attitude. To me if you do, you can overlook something. And that can cost someone thier life. I will give you an example. An example that involves me.

I went to the ER about 4 years ago. Complained of fast HR, palpatations, etc, etc...had my wife take me to Jewish Hospital in Louisville. The doc who checked me out looked very disinterested. Hurried through the process. She told me, "you are just having anxiety attacks". No test....no x-rays.....No nothing. I heard he tell the nurse----"I hate nights like this. People coming in here for simple things". gave me a prescription of Xanax, and sent me home. This took about an hour. Two weeks later, I am back at the SAME hospital. First qestion I am asked---"wasn't you just here a few weeks ago"? Yes, I was. Next thing shocked me......."Are you out of your Xanax"? Ummmm, no. Immediately I was embarrassed. Felt like I was being trated as a pill chaser. Again, NO test....NO noting. Sent me home. Again...there less than an hour.

Three weeks later, Im in the hospital. Being treated for a very serious, and possibly life threatening arrhythmia disorder. It was only caught b/c I again went to the hospital, only this time to my local, small town hospital. They happened to put a heart momitor on me. Which caught the issue' My heart rate was getting up to 300 bpm. Never checked me for this at Jewish. And why? Because they seemingly had the same thought you did. That attitude could have cost me my life.

You were the 1% I was speaking of...The Dr. on call is the one responsible for the way they treated you!!!

However, try and understand that the things I mentioned are REAL...Addicts, Hypochondriacs and Undocumented Individuals routinely ABUSE our Medical Facilities to get drugs!!!

Doctors and Nurses are swamped by those individuals, and when someone happens to come in with real problems (like you), these medical staffs are worn out by seeing these type people over a 12 hour plus shift...That's what SUCKS about being on the ER Medical Staff at a Civilian Hospital!!!

SmokinSmile

Good for you! Not upset with the game or where you work! NEVER said it sucked because it was the military...I said I KNOW that ER at a military hospital on the weekends are NOT as busy as you or Hail would make it out to be...Seems you're short on reading comprehension as a ER Physician!!!

And yes...IT SUCKS for you to work in the ER in a Civilian Hospital for the reasons I stated...If you try to deny the ABUSE that Civilian Medical Facilities are exposed to by Addicts, Hypochondriacs and Undocumented Individuals seeking FREE medical help then you're a Buffon!!!

Now, Spin That!!!

SmokinSmile
I make good money doing a job I like, and in a high acuity area. You, quite literally, have no idea what you’re talking about. EM is a high burn out specialty because people with attitudes like you are the problem. I don’t let non sick people get under my skin, don’t give out the drugs addicts wants, and when sick people do come in (which multiple do daily) it makes it beyond worth it.

I was gonna say congratulations on retirement from the AF, but you seem like a complete dick who is bitter as hell at the world. So I’ll just leave you be.

That must have been the worlds shittiest ED.

Three things:

(1) if your HR was really 300, there is zero chance you’d be conscious

(2) arrhythmias happen intermittently. Sounds like you should have gone home on a Holter monitor or gotten an EP study

(3) people with attitudes like AmericanMale are the problem, though he is obviously not a physician

Reactions: sgrooms
N
I make good money doing a job I like, and in a high acuity area. You, quite literally, have no idea what you’re talking about. EM is a high burn out specialty because people with attitudes like you are the problem. I don’t let non sick people get under my skin, don’t give out the drugs addicts wants, and when sick people do come in (which multiple do daily) it makes it beyond worth it.

I was gonna say congratulations on retirement from the AF, but you seem like a complete dick who is bitter as hell at the world. So I’ll just leave you be.

Me too when I worked...I liked my job as well...Just didn't/don't like FREELOADERS, and others trying to GAME the system!!!

ER isn't the only "high burn out specialty", but it's the MOST taken advantage of and abused in the medical profession!!!

My attitude comes from dealing with people like I EXPOSED...At some point in time, you will get fed up with them, because they limit your Valuable Time for those that ARE in NEED of your services!!!

I don't let "non sick people" get under my skin, but those I mentioned Pi$$ me off to no end!!!

Good, I'm glad you don't give out drugs to addicts, but don't try and tell me that they don't come in and try to game the system!!!

Good again...You being a professional, you SOULD help those that TRUELY Need Your Services, and it SHOULD Make You Proud to do what you do!!!

This "complete dick" now volunteers in other countries (On My Own Dime), helping REAL People with Real Needs!!!

SmokinSmile

N

Me too when I worked...I liked my job as well...Just didn't/don't like FREELOADERS, and others trying to GAME the system!!!

ER isn't the only "high burn out specialty", but it's the MOST taken advantage of and abused in the medical profession!!!

My attitude comes from dealing with people like I EXPOSED...At some point in time, you will get fed up with them, because they limit your Valuable Time for those that ARE in NEED of your services!!!

I don't let "non sick people" get under my skin, but those I mentioned Pi$$ me off to no end!!!

Good, I'm glad you don't give out drugs to addicts, but don't try and tell me that they don't come in and try to game the system!!!

Good again...You being a professional, you SOULD help those that TRUELY Need Your Services, and it SHOULD Make You Proud to do what you do!!!

This "complete dick" now volunteers in other countries (On My Own Dime), helping REAL People with Real Needs!!!

SmokinSmile
Your use of capitalization intrigues me.

Reactions: sgrooms
I didn't mean the words in all caps, just the random capitalized words throughout.

Just my own personal way to emphasize different points I'm making, or when explaining a point...Is it grammatically correct in the Proper English World...Nope...But hey, I'm Not an English Major, and I Don't Care about Proper English in Composition...As I don't write for a living!!!

SmokinSmile

Just my own personal way to emphasize different points I'm making, or when explaining a point...Is it grammatically correct in the Proper English World...Nope...But hey, I'm Not an English Major, and I Don't Care about Proper English in Composition...As I don't write for a living!!!

SmokinSmile
giphy.gif

That must have been the worlds shittiest ED.

Three things:

(1) if your HR was really 300, there is zero chance you’d be conscious

(2) arrhythmias happen intermittently. Sounds like you should have gone home on a Holter monitor or gotten an EP study

(3) people with attitudes like AmericanMale are the problem, though he is obviously not a physician
Very conscious...It was picked up my holter monitor. I had readings of 289, 278, 302 and 304. None lasting longer than 5-6 seconds. I was at work when these occurred. Doctor called my wife the following day, and I was immediately admitted. I was diagnosed with PSVT's. And EP study was done, but nothing was found. I am currently on medication. Recently had an echo that came back fine. SOme arotic regurgitation...Nothing major. Said my heart function was fine. Strong. And within normal function.

Yes the ER doctor was a POS. Very rude.

Very conscious...It was picked up my holter monitor. I had readings of 289, 278, 302 and 304. None lasting longer than 5-6 seconds. I was at work when these occurred. Doctor called my wife the following day, and I was immediately admitted. I was diagnosed with PSVT's. And EP study was done, but nothing was found. I am currently on medication. Recently had an echo that came back fine. SOme arotic regurgitation...Nothing major. Said my heart function was fine. Strong. And within normal function.

(1) it couldn’t have been longer than a few seconds because that’s not sustainable at all

(2) holter was the correct move as was the EP. if they find a foci they’ll ablate it

(3) what did they put you on? Procainamide/metoprolol/verapamil/sotalol are my guesses. (If it’s digoxin, find a new doctor)

Paroxysmal SVT is pretty low on mortality, so that’s good for you. Don’t take in any caffeine...

(1) it couldn’t have been longer than a few seconds because that’s not sustainable at all

(2) holter was the correct move as was the EP. if they find a foci they’ll ablate it

(3) what did they put you on? Procainamide/metoprolol/verapamil/sotalol are my guesses. (If it’s digoxin, find a new doctor)

Paroxysmal SVT is pretty low on mortality, so that’s good for you. Don’t take in any caffeine...
1. Longest episode was 5 seconds. It felt as if my chest was being squeezed shut. I told the cardiologist I felt my heart stop. He said, "No, you didn't. It was just beating so fast, you couldn't feel it". Eeek.
2. My local hospital caught the SVT's. They were not very high; Maybe 190-200. Kept me overnight. Sent me home on a 48-hour event monitor. The next day is when I had the severe episode. Turned it back in the next day. The following morning, my cardiologist called my wife and told her to get me to the hospital ASAP. I was kept for 8 days. I have since been placed on a monitor called a ZioPatch. I still get frequent SVT's. Only a few that were like the ones that got me hospitalized. But they last less than a second. Just really, really quick. But makes me extremely flush. And tired. Its why this time around they were reluctant to allow me to officiate.
3. I take 100mg of ER Metoporol. Once a day.

Sucks they couldn't find cause. Because I still get them. Don't worry as it did. But, still...You always think---"Will this be the time it doesn't come out of the rhythm...."???

I do not drink anymore due to the condition....I'm slowly trying to get away from caffeine.

Very conscious...It was picked up my holter monitor. I had readings of 289, 278, 302 and 304. None lasting longer than 5-6 seconds. I was at work when these occurred. Doctor called my wife the following day, and I was immediately admitted. I was diagnosed with PSVT's. And EP study was done, but nothing was found. I am currently on medication. Recently had an echo that came back fine. SOme Erotic regurgitation...Nothing major. Said my heart function was fine. Strong. And within normal function.

FIFY
That's some kinky shit if getting thrown up on gets you horny!

Remember when you purchased B1G football championship tickets actually expecting to see Michigan play in it?

Purchased them early because if Michigan would’ve made it the tickets would have rose a lot. They went up $100 from when I purchased them to when I sold them. Don’t regret buying them early.

For a team who has been worse in both sports (Indiana) than Michigan, klize is sure throwing out the trolls lately.

They didn't even check your BP the first 2 visits? That's hard to believe. That is usually the first thing done, even for a routine check-up. They would have realized the high pulse rate if they did. You don't need a heart monitor to figure that out.
Just saw this. No, they did not. Did nadda really. Basically came to the conclusion of anxiety....w/o any type of testing. Solid.

Just saw this. No, they did not. Did nadda really. Basically came to the conclusion of anxiety....w/o any type of testing. Solid.
Wow, that is bad. Like big time lawsuit bad if something serious would've happened to you. Usually you get at least a BP check just walking in the door!

Wow, that is bad. Like big time lawsuit bad if something serious would've happened to you. Usually you get at least a BP check just walking in the door!
Most hospitals triage you first; BP, Temp, weight, etc, etc...Ask you why you are there. Not this night. They were ultra busy. When I complained of a fast HB, they took me straight back. But no room. I was in the hallway. Doctor came by, asked was was wrong---I told her. Now, she did take my pulse...And confirmed it was fast. Gave me a dose of advan(sp?). Nurse came by, ask how that was working. I was like---great. Took my pulse. it had slowed considerably. Doc came back by, asked some questions. Was there any unusual stress, etc, etc..I was like, meh---not really.
About a half hour later, nurse comes by with discharge papers. We feel you are suffering from a bad anxiety attack. Gave me Xanax---and out the door.

Weeks later, I'm in the hospital. Diagnosed with PSVT's. Heart rates hovering 300bpm. Was hospitalized for about a week, or so.

Yep. Anxiety.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Most hospitals triage you first; BP, Temp, weight, etc, etc...Ask you why you are there. Not this night. They were ultra busy. When I complained of a fast HB, they took me straight back. But no room. I was in the hallway. Doctor came by, asked was was wrong---I told her. Now, she did take my pulse...And confirmed it was fast. Gave me a dose of advan(sp?). Nurse came by, ask how that was working. I was like---great. Took my pulse. it had slowed considerably. Doc came back by, asked some questions. Was there any unusual stress, etc, etc..I was like, meh---not really.
About a half hour later, nurse comes by with discharge papers. We feel you are suffering from a bad anxiety attack. Gave me Xanax---and out the door.

Weeks later, I'm in the hospital. Diagnosed with PSVT's. Heart rates hovering 300bpm. Was hospitalized for about a week, or so.

Yep. Anxiety.
Understaffed and overworked, that never helps either!

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT