ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville is good.

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville
Real good. That's all.

Can't wait for Williams and Johnson to come back.

Final score skewed a bit because of playing 4 of the freshmen late. Still no excuses.

Is Miami suppose to be decent? Since Cards were winning by a huge amount most of the time...

Score doesn’t reflect the actual game. We were up 25 for much of the game with our core 7 rotation guys. We played 4 freshman at the end and Lykes went off from 3. Impressed with Nwora, Sutton, Enoch, and the freshman Sam Williamson. We certainly look like a top 10 team. Once Williams and DJ get back, we’re deep, athletic, and super talented.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Dirty Birds definitely looked good tonight. Glad to see Mack has kept things rolling. I will always hate y'all and hope we win every damn game, but I want the games to be good and high caliber like they are supposed to be. Was definitely impressed at how cohesive the birds looked tonight.

Got the lead as high as 32.

Dont care about the final score.
They won.

Cant wait to add Williams and Johnson to this mix.

Go Cards !!!

Reactions: UL_1986
Yea Miami closed the game out on a 14-0 run with us playing perry and 4 freshmen, granted one was Williamson our best frosh but id rather get the freshmen clock and win by 13 than not get em in late and win by 25

I was def pleasantly surprised after how we looked in our exhibitions and secret scrimmages.

But yea I don’t think Miami will be very good. Better than last year but probly bubble team best case scenario, maybe not even that. They do have some decent players though (lykes,valucinas, haadenburg, mcgusty, etc) so who knows, larrinaga knows how to coach that’s for sure.

Reactions: ColumbusCard21
That was a true conference road game and UL mashed Miami into the pavement.
That's an impressive win. Heck, it would have been impressive if they won by 10 points, but they beat the snot out of Miami and probably could have won by 40.
UL might own the ACC this year.

Eh i mean Miami is trash so..... but yea congrats
Excellent insight, Ryan.

giphy.gif

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Miami has a couple of quality guards. Bigs are underwhelming, and so is their depth. In my preseason rankings, I went 68 deep and I did not include Miami. If I went out to 100, I probably would have had them around 75 or so. That's a borderline NIT team, FWIW.

Miami has a couple of quality guards. Bigs are underwhelming, and so is their depth. In my preseason rankings, I went 68 deep and I did not include Miami. If I went out to 100, I probably would have had them around 75 or so. That's a borderline NIT team, FWIW.
No doubt, but that was a shellacking on their home court.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Down 16-9 early and then the huge haymaker of three three's from McMahon in a minute plus turned it into a standing eight count. I was certainly impressed with Williamson who seems to have a good overall handle and the Human Swiss Army knife Sutton gives Louisville alot of flexibility.

Louisville really won the game playing about fifteen minutes of great basketball; the rest was sort of in cruise control.

Texas Tech game at the Garden in December will tell you how good they are. Tech appears stacked, but may take awhile to get coached up.

Reactions: ColumbusCard21
Man there are some haters in this thread.

Some schools have to rely on a thrashing of a mid-level school because they can't look up to their rafters and see any signs of recent success. We shouldn't bash them for that.

Some schools have to rely on a thrashing of a mid-level school because they can't look up to their rafters and see any signs of recent success. We shouldn't bash them for that.
There is going to be a Louisville 87 Miami 74 11/5/2019 banner going up in their rafters just for this reason.

They were 72 in SI's rankings

Reactions: dukedevilz

This is a good representation of what we're going to do to Virginia this year. You can guess who's who.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
It pertains to Louisville being good based off of a blowout of a sub .500 team

Or it pertains to Louisville actually being good while being down 2 potential starters. How would you know if they are sub .500?

ADVERTISEMENT