ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like UK is going to poach CJ Fredrick

tenor.gif

You guys still feel just as confident?
The rumor mill over there seems to suggest he might be fielding calls from a few other places like Louisville. Of course we want him, we always want Kentucky guys on our roster. Don't you root for guys from Illinois just a little bit more?

Reactions: cmore79
UK staff may understandably have other important business to handle right now. There is probably much to be done for the Clarke family, etc. Didn't Cal fly out to CA to be with them? That ain't gonna be some 24 hour thing, there's some real grieving to be done with that. Just so sad.

Reactions: cdbearde
The rumor mill over there seems to suggest he might be fielding calls from a few other places like Louisville. Of course we want him, we always want Kentucky guys on our roster. Don't you root for guys from Illinois just a little bit more?
Wait...Im talking about Antigua.

He’s from Cincinnati.

Oh. Yeah he's coming back here. Whatever you offered him we'll top. I still feel as confident as I did before yall countered.
I heard our last offer was a little south of 1.5M

I heard our last offer was a little south of 1.5M
I heard yall offered 1 mil and we offered 1.2?

Money won't be an issue on our end. But I have no idea what Coach O has done or the relationships he's built there. He obviously has those here as well. My guess is his decision will come down to intangibles as much as anything. I'd be shocked if he stayed there but so far Illinois has shown they're serious. I have no idea if he likes working for Underwood more than Cal or vice versa. Everyone on our end as far as the insiders seems confident it's all but a foregone conclusion he's coming back here. But crazier shit has happened. Every man has different priorities in life, no idea what Os are.

I heard yall offered 1 mil and we offered 1.2?

Money won't be an issue on our end. But I have no idea what Coach O has done or the relationships he's built there. He obviously has those here as well. My guess is his decision will come down to intangibles as much as anything. I'd be shocked if he stayed there but so far Illinois has shown they're serious. I have no idea if he likes working for Underwood more than Cal or vice versa. Everyone on our end as far as the insiders seems confident it's all but a foregone conclusion he's coming back here. But crazier shit has happened. Every man has different priorities in life, no idea what Os are.
Im just happy how serious our AD is taking this. No matter who gets OA and Chin...other assistants will be salivating to come to either school for half of the kind of pay that is being thrown around.

Guess if he entertains an offer from the bearcats we will know lol.

We have a number of homeboard posters who are all about in state recruits, some even saying Louisville should offer every 3 star kid and above in the city, which is ridiculous and would have our roster filled with three stars from Louisville.

I will say it is frustrating seeing guys leave the city/state and excel elsewhere like the Powell kid from auburn or kelan Martin a few years back for butler, but it is what it is, for every 3 star over achiever, there are probably 5-6 *** “busts” or just not good enough to win at the level we strive for.

Maybe it’s bc I’m not from Louisville and live in western ky, but I just don’t get the infatuation. None of my favorite alumni are from the city, not that I dislike the ones that are, but give me the best player. I don’t care if they are from Louisville, out in the state of Ky, or from Serbia or Senegal. I’ll take talent over a local prospect just bc he’s local 10 times out of 10.

That being said we’ve had local guys in the past come in and do very well. Grif is probably the poster child for Homegrown Louisville hoops, but more recently guys like knowles, obannon, snider, Spaulding, and David Johnson. I just don’t buy into the belief that players hypothetically play “harder” for their home/state school.

Last edited:
Guess if he entertains an offer from the bearcats we will know lol.

We have a number of homeboard posters who are all about in state recruits, some even saying Louisville should offer every 3 star kid in the city.

Maybe it’s bc I’m not from Louisville and live in western ky, but I just don’t get the infatuation.
For years the posters would do this to criticize Pitino when a player he landed didn't work out. A few local players may have done well at other schools, but that doesn't mean they would have fit his system.

People forget some of those home grown guys Crum signed had high national ranking.

Here doofus - born in Cincy, hometown Alexandria Ky

Louisville doesn’t want him, and I’m not being an ass.

I live in NKY and my office is in Cincinnati, been here since 2016. I can count on one hand the amount of Cincinnati Bearcat fans I have met or even seen and that includes Mick Cronin's dad, who sat next to me at the bar inside Brew burger a couple years ago.

I mean, you would figure I would see 20 UC Bearcat shirts and/or hats a day, nobody here gives a shit about UC.

But, there are a gazillion UK fans around here, the odds of CJ Fredrick being a UK fan are pretty good, regardless of where he grew up in this area.

The ohio river isn't a wall that prevents people from leaving or entering Ohio.

I live in NKY and my office is in Cincinnati, been here since 2016. I can count on one hand the amount of Cincinnati Bearcat fans I have met or even seen and that includes Mick Cronin's dad, who sat next to me at the bar inside Brew burger a couple years ago.

I mean, you would figure I would see 20 UC Bearcat shirts and/or hats a day, nobody here gives a shit about UC.

But, there are a gazillion UK fans around here, the odds of CJ Fredrick being a UK fan are pretty good, regardless of where he grew up in this area.

The ohio river isn't a wall that prevents people from leaving or entering Ohio.

I see more OSU stuff in Cincy than UC stuff. Same goes for UK. They just are a small fanbase relatively speaking.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I see more OSU stuff in Cincy than UC stuff. Same goes for UK. They just are a small fanbase relatively speaking.
Very true, there is a lot of OSU stuff around here.
I don't blame Mick Cronin for leaving.

....for Coleman.... it looks that way. Coach O being in the Dominican right now... still unknown.
Well Coleman is in the Bahamas so by that reasoning neither should be expected to be announced yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT