ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like UK is going to poach CJ Fredrick

Been radio silence. As far as we know O and Chin are still coming and CJ is expected to commit as well. I think the last thing I saw was we matched Illinois offer to O.

Been radio silence. As far as we know O and Chin are still coming and CJ is expected to commit as well. I think the last thing I saw was we matched Illinois offer to O.
Apparently the Kentucky rivals guys thinks O is 60/40 to Kentucky.

Kentucky basketball officially posts two assistant coach job openings

The deadline to apply is May 3rd.

For comparison’s sake, UK posted the job opening for Jai Lucas’ special assistant to the head coach/recruiting coordinator role on August 20, 2020 and finalized a deal with him just four days later on August 24. The school officially announced the hire on August 31. Calipari then shuffled coaching roles in September, giving Lucas an on-court assistant coaching job and moving Barbee off the court as an associate to the head coach.

The same is expected to happen with Kentucky’s upcoming coaching moves, with Illinois assistant coach Orlando Antigua expected to take the on-court coaching position and fellow Illinois assistant Chin Coleman rumored to take the off-court coaching position, at least initially. Another shuffling of roles would likely lead to Coleman moving into a full-time coaching and recruiting role, with current UK assistant Bruiser Flint sliding over to take Barbee’s old job as associate to the head coach.

Reactions: cmore79

Kentucky basketball officially posts two assistant coach job openings

The deadline to apply is May 3rd.

For comparison’s sake, UK posted the job opening for Jai Lucas’ special assistant to the head coach/recruiting coordinator role on August 20, 2020 and finalized a deal with him just four days later on August 24. The school officially announced the hire on August 31. Calipari then shuffled coaching roles in September, giving Lucas an on-court assistant coaching job and moving Barbee off the court as an associate to the head coach.

The same is expected to happen with Kentucky’s upcoming coaching moves, with Illinois assistant coach Orlando Antigua expected to take the on-court coaching position and fellow Illinois assistant Chin Coleman rumored to take the off-court coaching position, at least initially. Another shuffling of roles would likely lead to Coleman moving into a full-time coaching and recruiting role, with current UK assistant Bruiser Flint sliding over to take Barbee’s old job as associate to the head coach.
I'm just ready for it to be over.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’d be shocked if Antigua doesn’t end up at Kentucky
Keep hearing that. Should be done by Friday, right? And Chin? Every day the Kentucky side says “Maybe today” or “Soon”. “Imminent”. Just do it already.

Keep hearing that. Should be done by Friday, right? And Chin? Every day the Kentucky side says “Maybe today” or “Soon”. “Imminent”. Just do it already.
Not sure on timeline and haven’t read anything specific but I’d just find it hard to believe that Calipari would get rid of Barbee and Justus, lose a player in a horrific accident and that his boy Antigua wouldn’t come after all that. UK will get him the money. Nothing indicates Chin not coming either but think Antigua probably emotionally invested at this point.

If I’m guessing everyone on UK staff pretty much took the week off.

Not sure on timeline and haven’t read anything specific but I’d just find it hard to believe that Calipari would get rid of Barbee and Justus, lose a player in a horrific accident and that his boy Antigua wouldn’t come after all that. UK will get him the money. Nothing indicates Chin not coming either but think Antigua probably emotionally invested at this point.

If I’m guessing everyone on UK staff pretty much took the week off.
There’s always a chance that OA told cal that he would come to Kentucky, not expecting Illinois to counter like they have. It’s probably at least made him think about it. It seems like every Kentucky insider and fan thinks that he’s going to Kentucky because...it’s Kentucky. One source pretty close to OA thinks that he might come back to Illinois. But he also thinks chin will go to Kentucky.

There’s always a chance that OA told cal that he would come to Kentucky, not expecting Illinois to counter like they have. It’s probably at least made him think about it. It seems like every Kentucky insider and fan thinks that he’s going to Kentucky because...it’s Kentucky. One source pretty close to OA thinks that he might come back to Illinois. But he also thinks chin will go to Kentucky.
Don't forget Antiqua was an assistant with Calipari at Memphis as well. It's not just "Kentucky".

Reactions: RR30 and cmore79
giphy.gif

Finally starting to leak that O is definitely gone. I’m ready to move on and try to find a replacement. Losing O is huge for us next year. Short term it is very harmful. Tip of the cap to Kentucky. I still have nothing but respect for the man and how much he helped our program. But a program has to be bigger than an assistant coach.

Finally starting to leak that O is definitely gone. I’m ready to move on and try to find a replacement. Losing O is huge for us next year. Short term it is very harmful. Tip of the cap to Kentucky. I still have nothing but respect for the man and how much he helped our program. But a program has to be bigger than an assistant coach.
Tough to lose the bagman.

AbsoluteChiefDolphin-size_restricted.gif

Truthfully think Bill Self would have been happy if his bagman left. Adidas screwed them.

Shoe companies and people outside the program.
Coaches are really unimportant. You just wants ones who will play the game. Almost all Power Conference coaches will. They have to
If ours are playing the game, they suck at it.

You can prob get Pearl back as an assistant someday.

That dude is cancer.

In all honesty, that dude fvck the program bad. Recruiting took a major dive. Up until that point, we had decent amount of NBA talent. After that, nope. Just Ryan Bowen who was instate and Ricky Davis.

In this case, Fran needs to chalk it up as a loss. It's the kiss of death to report anything. He won't have a prayer at good recruits.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT