ADVERTISEMENT

list 4 teams you do not want to play in the NCAAT

Based on Lunardi's current bracketology, here are the teams that I would most like to avoid in each round (based on current seedings)

First round (16-seed): Florida Gulf Coast (no thanks to Dunk City)
Second round (8/9 seed): Alabama (no thanks to Collin Sexton)
Sweet 16 (4/5 seed): Kentucky (no thanks to that much raw talent)
Elite 8 (2/3 seed): Michigan State (no thanks to playing our daddy again)

Other teams I would prefer to avoid are UF, WVU, Ohio State, Michigan, and Arizona. I just feel like those are bad matchups for Sweet 16 or earlier for UVA.

I'm not gonna complain about playing Duke, Nova, X, Purdue, Kansas, etc because that's at least in the Elite 8 or beyond (at least should be).

Last edited:
Florida has elite guard-play. I don't think they should be listed with the other teams that the OP did, but if you are a 1 or 2 seed then I imagine the team you least want to see as a 7/8 seed is UF. UF is Final-Four good when they play with pace and energy. I think in a NCAA Tournament setting they Gators will perform well.

UF also has a chance to play their way to the 6, 5, or even 4 line with a great close to the season. They have some big games coming up and the SEC Tournament will give them a chance to get some more big wins.

Based on Lunardi's current bracketology, here are the teams that I would most like to avoid in each round (based on current seedings)

Other teams I would prefer to avoid are UF, WVU, Ohio State, Michigan, and Arizona. I just feel like those are bad matchups for Sweet 16 or earlier for UVA.

I'm not gonna complain about playing Duke, Nova, X, Purdue, Kansas, etc because that's at least in the Elite 8 or beyond (at least should be).

To be fair, Florida Gulf Coast is no longer Dunk City.

For tOSU I predict as a four seed
round of 64: Buffalo
round of 32: Kentucky
Sweet 16: Villanova
Elite 8: Kansas
No matter where they are seeded, a Sweet 16 trip will be as far as they go this year.

Last edited:
Duke cuz they own us and UVA because I feel like they have been the best team all year long.

Nova is still a great team but they look a bit more vulnerable now.

Duke cuz they own us and UVA because I feel like they have been the best team all year long.

Nova is still a great team but they look a bit more vulnerable now.

Funny that you want to avoid Duke because they own you but then also want to avoid UVA despite owning us

Don't think this applies to my favorite team so I will just leave this thread now. I thought I might share my stay, though
leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Funny that you want to avoid Duke because they own you but then also want to avoid UVA despite owning us

MSU’s ownage of UVA isn’t near the same degree of Duke ownage vs MSU.

I don’t see the committee putting MSU as a 2 in UVAs bracket since UVA will likely be the overall number 1 and MSU won’t be the worst 2.

Reactions: tw3301
MSU’s ownage of UVA isn’t near the same degree of Duke ownage vs MSU.

I don’t see the committee putting MSU as a 2 in UVAs bracket since UVA will likely be the overall number 1 and MSU won’t be the worst 2.

That is my hope as well but I'll believe it when I see it.

I don’t think any team really fears this KU. Most beatable Kansas team that I can remember. We have a chance to make a lot of noise. But our margin of error is slim and 6 games over three weeks is a long stretch to play up to our potential every game. We win three and I guess I should be content.

Some sleeper picks

Kentucky, because of the big guards
Michigan, because Mo Wagner and the defense
Saint Mary’s, because the offense
Florida, because if they get hot from 3 we are dead

Purdue
Villanova
Virginia

Are the best 3 teams so teams should really want to avoid their brackets, especially if a bracket shares 2 of them.

Didn't we beat Duke the last two times we played them? Why would we fear them? If we do it won't be tomorrow. We have 2 conference games, at least 1 at the Sprint Center, and then 3 more to reach the elite 8. I'm thinking that there are a lot of teams that don't want to face us.

We can lose to anyone so I'm going with whoever we play first. I know I went over by 60+ teams but that's how I feel now. It may change.

Wouldn't mind playing most of these teams listed because that means we're in the sweet 16 most likely.

Don't want to play a healthy villanova but this board needs it

Different take, first round matchups I'd like to avoid:

Vermont
Middle Tennessee
Loyola
New Mexico State

Middle TN spanked dunk city's ass back to back games.

Now I hope we are in your bracket. Any team that likes to run will beat you. We'll run your squad out the gym and your big men will be gassed midway through the first half.

Now I hope UNC is in Purdues bracket.
Any team that likes to score and stop the other team from scoring will beat you. Purdue will run your squad out of the gym and your big men will be gassed midway through the first half.

I just want to make te field. Because of our size and length I think we can be a team certain teams don't want to deal with.

Now I hope UNC is in Purdues bracket.
Any team that likes to score and stop the other team from scoring will beat you. Purdue will run your squad out of the gym and your big men will be gassed midway through the first half.

LOL, you don't defend like UVA so we will run on you. In case you didn't know that is what Roy does, I'm sure seen it before.

Now I hope we are in your bracket. Any team that likes to run will beat you. We'll run your squad out the gym and your big men will be gassed midway through the first half.
As an MSU fan, who has played both, I think Purdue is hands down better. We absolutely dump-trucked North Carolina on a neutral court, and we beat Purdue in a close one at home.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
As an MSU fan, who has played both, I think Purdue is hands down better. We absolutely dump-trucked North Carolina on a neutral court, and we beat Purdue in a close one at home.

And that was early in the season. I'd rather play Purdue and MSU because your front line is more athletic and quicker.

This is based entirely on Florida’s historical struggles, so I would choose Michigan, Michigan State, Louisville and Syracuse.

And that was early in the season. I'd rather play Purdue and MSU because your front line is more athletic and quicker.

I agree. Games played in December don’t have much value. UNCs offense has been great in recent weeks.

LOL, you don't defend like UVA so we will run on you. In case you didn't know that is what Roy does, I'm sure seen it before.

LOL, you dont defend like UVA so we will score on you. In case you didnt know that is what Painter does, Im sure seen it before.

ADVERTISEMENT