ADVERTISEMENT

Lexington AAU vs America’s team

Somewhere along the way we have to play a good game. I have seen MAYBE one all year, against Utah. If we could put together two back to back strong efforts, we can go 2 - 0 against U of L and UNC. Don't see that happening, unfortunately. I think we split, lose to UNC and beat U of L.

IF - we shoot the three like did against Utah, I think we win.

80 big brother
74 little bruh

Also I want to add UK will have the best three point shooter in the Yum bucket, but Cal might forget him again... :mad::eek:

Zero post presence for UL. Cats dominate inside and hit enough 3's to pull off 83-79 win.

80 big brother
74 little bruh

Also I want to add UK will have the best three point shooter in the Yum bucket, but Cal might forget him again... :mad::eek:
Utah left y’all WIDE open.

Zero post presence for UL. Cats dominate inside and hit enough 3's to pull off 83-79 win.

We have serviceable guys down low. Williams is our best defender down low and shoot the 3. We don’t need to dominate. See Seton Hall. You all dominated SH inside and still lost.

80 big brother
74 little bruh

The guy who never plays is always the best, he’s like a backup quarterback. Lol

If you lose to this UK team, you simply suck.
UL should win this by double digits.
It'll be UK's first true road game too.
This is Louisville's chance to get a rare win over the cats.
UL: 78
UK: 71
This years Louisville team is nowhere close to what we’ll be next year, Kentucky however may be worse next year. Calipari’s best days are behind him, 10 loss Cal is who he is now.

We have serviceable guys down low. Williams is our best defender down low and shoot the 3. We don’t need to dominate. See Seton Hall. You all dominated SH inside and still lost.

SH had a kid score 20+ in the second half, mostly from 3, while UK’s ace went 0-6 from 3 on the game, and they lost by a bucket. Travis also fouled out of that game long before OT.

If UK hits shots and forces UL to step out and guard, Travis and Washington will eat. Some days that “if” is bigger than others though.

Kentucky has definitely been a disappointment thus far, but I still feel like they have a good couple of guards and a nice rotation of size, and plenty of talent. I think they’ll step it up and win somewhat easily against Louisville.

I can throw the Duke game out, oodles of freshman and the first game of the season on a final four stage. If Kentucky loses to UNC, though, I think that could be very bad for their big game psyche and have a big impact on Louisville. I actually think Kentucky goes 2-0 though, and a rematch with them is one of the last draws I want for Duke.

Kentucky has definitely been a disappointment thus far, but I still feel like they have a good couple of guards and a nice rotation of size, and plenty of talent. I think they’ll step it up and win somewhat easily against Louisville.

I can throw the Duke game out, oodles of freshman and the first game of the season on a final four stage. If Kentucky loses to UNC, though, I think that could be very bad for their big game psyche and have a big impact on Louisville. I actually think Kentucky goes 2-0 though, and a rematch with them is one of the last draws I want for Duke.
Solid take. I think with Quickley/Hagans getting more minutes at the point, we will end up being better than with Green in there. Just my opinion, I think Quade checked out pretty early on this team.

Louisville has been playing a lot better than most expected. Beating them at the Yum! will be tough. But UK still has a pretty large margin on them as far as talent goes, plus we just hardly lose to Louisville.

If UK comes out of the next two weeks 2-0, I'll start believing we can live up to some of the hype this team started with. Definitely don't want to play Duke again, though.

Reactions: WojoRising
Solid take. I think with Quickley/Hagans getting more minutes at the point, we will end up being better than with Green in there. Just my opinion, I think Quade checked out pretty early on this team.

Louisville has been playing a lot better than most expected. Beating them at the Yum! will be tough. But UK still has a pretty large margin on them as far as talent goes, plus we just hardly lose to Louisville.

If UK comes out of the next two weeks 2-0, I'll start believing we can live up to some of the hype this team started with. Definitely don't want to play Duke again, though.
Green wasn’t bad, but thoroughly underwhelming in every facet. There’s no way that those 25 minutes being divided up elsewhere can’t help. Kentucky as a team isn’t going to make or break off of one more made three a game that Green would provide, I think.

Reactions: JimboBBN
This years Louisville team is nowhere close to what we’ll be next year, Kentucky however may be worse next year. Calipari’s best days are behind him, 10 loss Cal is who he is now.

....and the streak of hearing this gibberish from U6 fans extends another year.

Haha Quade Green was #2 in most categories despite playing the 5th best minutes

Enoch sucks. He's as bad as Richards. Reid Travis will be a factor, and Williams can't do a thing about it.

And, I guess you didn't see the part about "hitting enough 3's".

SH had a kid score 20+ in the second half, mostly from 3, while UK’s ace went 0-6 from 3 on the game, and they lost by a bucket. Travis also fouled out of that game long before OT.

If UK hits shots and forces UL to step out and guard, Travis and Washington will eat. Some days that “if” is bigger than others though.
Agree, but Travis and Washington will have to step out and guard Nwora and Sutton as well. I can definitely see foul trouble affecting both teams, Mack’s system draws a lot of fouls...unless it’s officiated in Assembly Hall. Lol

Reactions: Hank_
As bad as I feel about the game Louisville beating us lately is just something you have to see to believe

Green simply was NOT Tyler Ulis.... not even close. Playing him at the shooting guard spot was also a risky proposition, given the fact that he's barely 6 feet tall and not the quickest guy to enable getting the shot off. He may certainly prove to be addition by subtraction for this UK team.

I don’t think that’s a big factor because Uk doesn’t take that many shots outside. They have one of the lowest 3pt attempts in the country. We play packline and switch on just about everything. Travis will get his just like Ward did for MSU, but at the end of the day, I think it comes down to defending up top, which Uk struggles. We’re keen at driving and kicking, or soft screen/roll or pick and pop. All of those require good guard defense.

I still think a lot depends on this game Saturday too. Uk has confidence after beating a bad Utah team. Only thing that would help is a win Saturday. Only thing that would shoot it down is a loss, or a bigger loss.

Will be tough to play at Yum regardless.

Reactions: Hank_
I'll also be happy if we split the two games.

However, side note. If we win both, then we having a winning record against the ACC OOC. Split and it's a losing record.

Reactions: rockycard
So? It’s not like that’s any better or worse than some of the other guards besides Johnson. Quade has talent.
So, that implies you’re playing somebody who’s undersized even at the one in an off-guard role. Which strains a defense and makes it more challenging to get his shot off, something he’s struggled with. What discernible talent has he displayed that will be greatly missed? Mediocre three point shooting, when he’s open? Weak defender, not a playmaker, small, etc. Kentucky is Kentucky, if they’re living by the skin of their teeth and always needing just one more three, they’ve already lost. The minutes are best given elsewhere to someone with more defensive impact. At least in my opinion.

Kentucky fans confident again after a W against an atrocious team. That’s good.

You guys can have him. I'll eat my words if we don't get better as a team. He'd probably be Louisville's best player Laughing

Yeah, probably not, but if so, what’s the excuse going to be then if we win on the 29th? You just put yourself in this spot.

Just because Cal can’t utilize talent and decides to recruit over 5* players, who Uk fans were excited about returning because it’s sophomore experience, doesn’t mean Quade is not good and him leaving will make your team better. What a joke that is.

Yeah probably not. Just because Cal can’t utilize talent and decides to recruit over 5* players, doesn’t mean Quade is not good and him leaving will make your team better. What a joke that is.
I said I would eat crow if I was wrong. Having him or not having him won't be the difference in beating U of L or not. We do that anyways.

Yeah, probably not, but if so, what’s the excuse going to be then if we win on the 29th? You just put yourself in this spot.

Just because Cal can’t utilize talent and decides to recruit over 5* players, who Uk fans were excited about returning because it’s sophomore experience, doesn’t mean Quade is not good and him leaving will make your team better. What a joke that is.

...who ever rated Green above a 4 star?

ADVERTISEMENT