ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky will beat Auburn

This is only the second time I've seen Auburn. Not particularly impressed. I've seen UK play way better than this.

This is only the second time I've seen Auburn. Not particularly impressed. I've seen UK play way better than this.

Yea not impressed. Good coaching by Calipari though. I don't think when Bruce Pearl was at Tennessee he'd ever be trailing Calipari due to half court zone defense.

Yea not impressed. Good coaching by Calipari though. I don't think when Bruce Pearl was at Tennessee he'd ever be trailing Calipari due to half court zone defense.

Man, I miss those UT/UK games when Pearl was there. That Jodie Meeks game was one of my favorite non-UNC games I've seen even though I was pulling for UT.

Man, I miss those UT/UK games when Pearl was there. That Jodie Meeks game was one of my favorite non-UNC games I've seen even though I was pulling for UT.

You have fonder memories of UK vs UT with Pearl than me. And AU has gone on 7-0 run since last post.

C'mon, Wildcats. Kind of need you guys to win this one. Bad decisions there.

You have fonder memories of UK vs UT with Pearl than me. And AU has gone on 7-0 run since last post.

I just thought the rivalry was fun when he was there. Plus, he and Cal always disliked (may have been played up a bit by both but still) each other, which made it fun. UK usually won those games I think though. There were not that many of them either (don't think so at least).

I just thought the rivalry was fun when he was there. Plus, he and Cal always disliked (may have been played up a bit by both but still) each other, which made it fun. UK usually won those games I think though. There were not that many of them either (don't think so at least).

Gillispie's best games were more painful to watch for a UK fan than Calipari's worst.

Now...UT vs Memphis back in the day, while I hated both, was prime time.

Auburn dude just had PJ wrapped up. Clearly a foul. Almost seemed like he fouled him on purpose.

Gillispie's best games were more painful to watch for a UK fan than Calipari's worst.

Now...UT vs Memphis back in the day, while I hated both, was prime time.

Oh, I meant the Cal/Pearl stuff only in terms of when UK played UT. The Memphis and UT games were fun for sure.

Yeah, that 3 was a dagger (especially compared to the one that rimmed out for UK). Really would have liked to see Knox with more looks.

I’m sorry but Cal is just a terrible in game coach. I honestly think he is one of the worst in the country. He better start landing those top 5 guys again

Dakich calling Knox out over and over and over for pouting and quitting on his team was quite comical.

I’m sorry but Cal is just a terrible in game coach. I honestly think he is one of the worst in the country. He better start landing those top 5 guys again

I completely disagree. When you recruit the way he does you sometimes have years where guys aren't really quite as good. He is dealing with some of that this year. He is a good coach.

This loss hurts more because of the previous three losses. Play like that against any of the five teams left and we can win. NCAA Tournament is still in play at least.

Reactions: olsonab
I completely disagree. When you recruit the way he does you sometimes have years where guys aren't really quite as good. He is dealing with some of that this year. He is a good coach.
He is, But not having Knox on the floor their late was nind boggling. By the time he brought him back, it was curtains. Didn't understand that all. He had 2 timeouts where he could've got him back in.

Thank goodness baseball starts Friday v Wofford. I'm about done watching us barrel towards the NIT.

Ignore the foolish fans. This team just isn't going to "get it" in time for a magical run. It's OK. People calling for Cal's head over it are idiots. We'll be stronger for it next year but this season has been pretty unbearable. Cal has been more frustrated than any of our fans I'm certain.

Well, up until right after I posted where they played much better they had looked pretty pedestrian.
No doubt. That was a bad game for us .
We're better than we showed tonight . But even playing average were still pretty good .

He is nothing without the top players. If he was coaching a team like osu this year they would be average as shit

Thank goodness baseball starts Friday v Wofford. I'm about done watching us barrel towards the NIT.
My first game is next Friday, at Lindsey Wilson. I'm at UK later in the season. You go to many baseball games?

He is nothing without the top players. If he was coaching a team like osu this year they would be average as shit
He seems to struggle when w/o that elite guy(s). Or when having no, to little experince. He's a good coach, but when he doesn;t get that games changing guy, it kinda of exposes his flaws; i.e. offensively. This UK team is not very good offensively.

At this rate, he certainly could be headed to his second NIT in the past five seasons.

Why did anybody think a weak middle of the road SEC team would come in and beat the SEC’s best team in their own house? Laughable

Reactions: **JABA**

I agree. Cal isnt a good in game coach or a developer of talent. Hes an accruer of talent and is also a good motivator.

He is good at recruiting and then getting those high talent guys to play together as a unit, but he is completely dependent on crushing in recruiting and he did not absolutely crush and get top 10 guys this year so now we are looking at what might be another NIT team despite having more 5 stars than any other team in the nation.

I know that auburn is the surprise team of the year, but why is the media not mentioning the pathetic OOC schedule they played? Uconn was probably the best win, and a loss to Temple? I'm not a Syracuse fan, but they get called out every year for that.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
I know that auburn is the surprise team of the year, but why is the media not mentioning the pathetic OOC schedule they played? Uconn was probably the best win, and a loss to Temple? I'm not a Syracuse fan, but they get called out every year for that.
I mean it's not like we haven't beat almost every SEC team we've faced by double digits…

MTSu is a better win than UConn for Auburn this year. Also Bruce has tried to up our OOC schedule but no one wanted to schedule us before this season. due to us being a low ranked power 5 team that wouldn’t help other teams resumes. Had temple bot beaten auburn and clemson we would have played them this season. We didn’t get to be in the big 12 challenge due to finishing 11th last season in the sec.We upgraded next season though. We are in the Maui for the first time.

Reactions: olsonab
ADVERTISEMENT