ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky will beat Auburn

Possibility. Especially if Bryce Brown doesn't play. Auburn's style fits UK better than most. But I dunno. Auburn, even w/o Brown, is really, really good. If the game were in Rupp, I'd maybe agree. But @ Auburn. A team that's been burning for this game? Ehhhhh..............

Possibility. Especially if Bryce Brown doesn't play. Auburn's style fits UK better than most. But I dunno. Auburn, even w/o Brown, is really, really good. If the game were in Rupp, I'd maybe agree. But @ Auburn. A team that's been burning for this game? Ehhhhh..............
Hush

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Kentucky should win every game.....

A lot tomorrow may depend on Bryce Brown and if he can go. Personally, I hope we rest him as the game tomorrow isn't that big for AU in the grand scheme of things. UK needs this game a lot more...

A lot tomorrow may depend on Bryce Brown and if he can go. Personally, I hope we rest him as the game tomorrow isn't that big for AU in the grand scheme of things. UK needs this game a lot more...
Meh, its a tad bigger than you think. You guys still have a trip to Gainesville. As of now, you have a 2-game lead. Lose at home tomorrow, and that game @ Florida just became a lot bigger. Plus, you are playing for a high NCAA seed. Losing at home to an unranked, 17-8 UK team who has lost three straight, won't help that cause.

I agree the game is bigger for UK. But this is still a biggie for Auburn. Lot on the line for both teams.

Meh, its a tad bigger than you think. You guys still have a trip to Gainesville. As of now, you have a 2-game lead. Lose at home tomorrow, and that game @ Florida just became a lot bigger. Plus, you are playing for a high NCAA seed. Losing at home to an unranked, 17-8 UK team who has lost three straight, won't help that cause.

I agree the game is bigger for UK. But this is still a biggie for Auburn. Lot on the line for both teams.

Believe me, I know how big it is being an AU basketball fan for nearly 40 years now. In the grand scheme of things and where we are and what we have in the coming weeks, a loss only hurts us in seeding at the moment and it's something we can come back from and still improve. If UK loses, it'll be their 4th straight and they could be on the verge of the NIT...

But, what I was getting at, it's not a game where we need to force our best player to play if he isn't fully healthy yet. We have a lot left to play for.

Last edited:
Believe me, I know how big it is being an AU basketball fan for nearly 40 years now. In the grand scheme of things and where we are and what we have in the coming weeks, a loss only hurts us in seeding at the moment and it's something we can come back from and still improve. If UK loses, it'll be their 4th straight and they could be on the verge of the NIT...
I agreed the game was bigger for UK. But its also pretty big for Auburn. A loss hurts you more than just seeding. Which, BTW, is pretty important. But it also hurts you in the SEC. That 2 game lead could suddenly become one. And with a game at FLorida.

Not sure if you are simply trying to find a way to lessen the blow in case you guys lose, or what. But this is a pretty big game for the Tigers. Playing for a Top 2 seed. Maybe a 1 seed. Lose, and that 1-seed is certainly gone. 2-seed possible. Huge difference in a 2 vs a 3. Not to mention the conference title.

It's a biggie.

Auburn is on a 1 home game losing streak, the only game they've lost all season at home was last week to A&M. A loss tomorrow would mean 2 home losses in a row, +8.5 on the spread, and a letdown of a top 10 team. 9pm game, probably the biggest home game of the season for Auburn. Auburn is 2-33 vs Uk. Bryce Brown expected to play (well he practiced today). All signs point toward an AU win.

With that being said, Kentucky by 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
I agree completely.

Kentucky has the most talent in the SEC. Fact. Despite what some say, Cal is an incredible coach. Fact.

Kentucky will turn this around. I guarantee it.

Reactions: twocoach
I agreed the game was bigger for UK. But its also pretty big for Auburn. A loss hurts you more than just seeding. Which, BTW, is pretty important. But it also hurts you in the SEC. That 2 game lead could suddenly become one. And with a game at FLorida.

Not sure if you are simply trying to find a way to lessen the blow in case you guys lose, or what. But this is a pretty big game for the Tigers. Playing for a Top 2 seed. Maybe a 1 seed. Lose, and that 1-seed is certainly gone. 2-seed possible. Huge difference in a 2 vs a 3. Not to mention the conference title.

It's a biggie.

I'm saying it's not a game to risk or rush our best player if he isn't healthy enough, as we can still do everything we want if we lose, that's all.

I definitely agree with what you're saying though, but you have to remember I'm looking at this through the eyes of an AU basketball fan who hasn't been to the NCAA tourney since 2003 and was projected 9th in the SEC even before our arguably two best players were ruled inelgible.

In the world of SEC basketball this season and NCAA seeding, yes, it's a huge game.

With that said, frick UK...

I think Auburn might do something special tonight .

Kentucky lost at Auburn 2 years ago in their last trip to an Auburn team that was 11-20 and 5-13 in the conference.

This is a much better Auburn team playing a worse Kentucky team .

I think Auburn might do something special tonight .

Kentucky lost at Auburn 2 years ago in their last trip to an Auburn team that was 11-20 and 5-13 in the conference.

This is a much better Auburn team playing a worse Kentucky team .
So weird, but Kentucky actually needs this more than Auburn does. I haven't seen much of Auburn this year, but I've always thought highly of Pearl. He's done great wherever he goes.

Kentucky still has the talent advantage, so maybe we've gotten our heads right after a players only meeting. It'll be a tough atmosphere, the win at WVU will certainly help our mindset.

So weird, but Kentucky actually needs this more than Auburn does. I haven't seen much of Auburn this year, but I've always thought highly of Pearl. He's done great wherever he goes.

Kentucky still has the talent advantage, so maybe we've gotten our heads right after a players only meeting. It'll be a tough atmosphere, the win at WVU will certainly help our mindset.
That's what worries me; Kentucky with their backs to the wall .
And this is new territory for us . Plus our best player is hurt and might not play .
Luckily were pretty good at home

Reactions: JimboBBN
That's what worries me; Kentucky with their backs to the wall .
And this is new territory for us . Plus our best player is hurt and might not play .
Luckily were pretty good at home
I'm happy Auburn is good, trust me. Makes for a better tournament run for UK when they've faced tougher competition ;)

Hope all of your guys are able to play tonight. I'll be pulling for Auburn the rest of the year after tonight.

Reactions: cb20476
I'm happy Auburn is good, trust me. Makes for a better tournament run for UK when they've faced tougher competition ;)

Hope all of your guys are able to play tonight. I'll be pulling for Auburn the rest of the year after tonight.
I've always pulled for Kentucky. Call me a conference honk but we've never had any kind of rivalry with you (rarely play in football and you dominate us in basketball) so I've always cheered for them when they're not playing us and when they're in the tournament.

Good luck tonight. Ill be happy with a good game from both teams .

I've always pulled for Kentucky. Call me a conference honk but we've never had any kind of rivalry with you (rarely play in football and you dominate us in basketball) so I've always cheered for them when they're not playing us and when they're in the tournament.

And when we do play in football, you guys always win Laughing

Auburn is the #2 team in the nation ATS at 17-6.

So that will be 17-7 after tonight.

Only two outcomes I really see likely tonight. UK's size wears Auburn down and win a close one, or UK can't keep up with Auburn's shooting ability and speed and they win going away (>10 points).

No one would ever dream this would be true. But here we are.

Reactions: olsonab
No one would ever dream this would be true. But here we are.

Agreed, definitely a crazy season so far. The only times we've ever really been favored over you all were in the mid 80's when Barkley, Ford, Person etc were going up against those UK teams of Melvin Turpin, Sam Bowie, Kenny Walker etc..

Damn, those 82-88 games we had with you all were actually pretty damn good now that I look back on them, some real power packed teams at the time...

Reactions: Anthony B

Same here CB. We've probably played UK the least amount of SEC teams when all sports are considered and they are the one longstanding SEC school we really dont have a rivalry with at all..

Kentucky is going to get an ass whoopin on 2/24 when MPJ & Mizzou roll into town. Just curious, what is the largest margin UK has lost by at home on record? I want to see if that is in jeopardy of being broken.

Kentucky is going to get an ass whoopin on 2/24 when MPJ & Mizzou roll into town. Just curious, what is the largest margin UK has lost by at home on record? I want to see if that is in jeopardy of being broken.

Ya'll beat Kentucky by like 9 at Missouri but are gonna do worse at Rupp? Alrighty then.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I agree completely.

Kentucky has the most talent in the SEC. Fact. Despite what some say, Cal is an incredible coach. Fact.

Kentucky will turn this around. I guarantee it.

14c.jpg

Kentucky loses this one and it's probably going to get ugly. I'm going to catch up on celebrity big brother instead.

Auburn shooting 6% from the field after ten min and only down 2!!!!

Pretty good game. Auburn is cold (or maybe just a bad shooting team, IDK). Kentucky doing good work on the boards and Knox is good Knox tonight, haha.

ADVERTISEMENT