ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas

Great point. The Texas lost was early in the season and the reason why they won because of our freshman backcourt. We killed them on the glass which means their bigs were nonexistent but it does seem like our guards are getting better. As for Texas they're a good team but IMO if they played you guys your length and defense would bother them. You guys have talented bigs and big guards and I can't see them going off behind the arc against you guys. Also Hamilton is a better coach than Shaka

🤣😂🤣😂

Florida State couldn't keep up with the guards.
What happened in the UCF game will happen again.

Will force Florida State to play a different style.
Like I have always said. Texas isn't afraid to play end to end basketball with the ACC this year
They have maybe the two fastest bigs in college basketball on the floor.

Texas would force Florida State in a half court game.
They don't execute too well in their half court offense.

Do you ever watch basketball.

🤣
There isn't anyone on that Kentucky team near Brooks or Bacot.

UNC game is another game Texas had a 15 point lead.
But let's continue to push stupid narratives on this site.

Still playing the coulda woulda shoulda game. 2 points. You don’t want to see them again. They’re a lot better now. Didn’t realize how weak insideTexas is. Almost beat TT, almost. Almost beat UConn, almost. Almost played Baylor. One more chance...almost.

Still playing the coulda woulda shoulda game. 2 points. You don’t want to see them again. They’re a lot better now. Didn’t realize how weak insideTexas is. Almost beat TT, almost. Almost beat UConn, almost. Almost played Baylor. One more chance...almost.

All teams are a lot better now than they were a couple of months ago.
Texas was without Jase Febres who has around 50 career college starts

Don't get hurt because Florida St lost to UCF and has only played 3 games against Quad 1 competition...

Lol first sentence says teams are a lot better now than the start of the season followed up by beating the same old UCF second game of the season drum.

The saddest thing is no one even wants to argue about the ACC being down, we know, it is. But then you double down by saying a 2 loss FSU team could win out and not get a one seed bc a quad 3 loss somehow eliminates them from that because the ACC is so down.

I don’t think FSU runs the table but if they do they will damn sure be a 1 seed. I’m not even sure who you could argue could run the table as well to keep them out, sans gonzaga and Baylor who are basically penciled in as 1 seeds. Nova maybe?

🤣😂🤣😂

Like I have always said. Texas isn't afraid to play end to end basketball with the ACC this year

I watch a lot but you think everything you say is gospel. You act like Texas is some juggernaut and they're far from that. UNC barely lost to you and with your weak frontline FSU will have their way inside. How you going to dictate the tempo when you're getting owned inside/on the glass? Chances are you won't shoot a high percentage from 3 because of their length and like I said earlier, Hamilton is a better coach than Shaka.

I watch a lot but you think everything you say is gospel. You act like Texas is some juggernaut and they're far from that. UNC barely lost to you and with your weak frontline FSU will have their way inside. How you going to dictate the tempo when you're getting owned inside/on the glass? Chances are you won't shoot a high percentage from 3 because of their length and like I said earlier, Hamilton is a better coach than Shaka.

You are speaking about hypotheticals...

Coaches don't mean shit. About the players on the floor
You know that. This is the reason why Roy Williams looks average now

Some are of you are butthurt about the truth and now are trolling.

Nothing personal.

Florida State's resume isn't anything to start thumping their chest about.
Real talk.

1 L against a 90+ team in the NET rankings
3 Quad 1 games

Just the facts right now.

Issue with Florida State is they lack the games against elite competition to change this narrative

3 Quad 1 games

Kansas had played 3x that and some of you are talking shit
I only said Kansas would not be able to lose 3 straight and still be ranked if they hadn’t been at #3 before the slide, which said ranking came bc they were ranked so high preseason. A team ahead of them loses they bump up in that spot. Teams with the same number of losses usually revert back to preseason ranking in the AP polls, unless as you’ve pointed out they have a really bad loss. And that was my problem with shrinking the field. Where this thread has went from there isn’t on me it’s on you.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
I only said Kansas would not be able to lose 3 straight and still be ranked if they hadn’t been at #3 before the slide, which said ranking came bc they were ranked so high preseason. A team ahead of them loses they bump up in that spot. Teams with the same number of losses usually revert back to preseason ranking in the AP polls, unless as you’ve pointed out they have a really bad loss. And that was my problem with shrinking the field. Where this thread has went from there isn’t on me it’s on you.

KU has three Top 15 wins

How idiotic some of you are...
It is crazy

Research how many teams have 3 Top 15 wins

Reactions: KisteK
Some are of you are butthurt about the truth and now are trolling.

Nothing personal.

Florida State's resume isn't anything to start thumping their chest about.
Real talk.

1 L against a 90+ team in the NET rankings
3 Quad 1 games

Just the facts right now.
Again no one said it was. What was said was had they been ranked top 10 preseason being one of the few teams with only two losses or less, they’d still be there. And used Kansas as an example of a team riding their preseason ranking all the way to #3 before the bottom fell out against Texas.

All teams are a lot better now than they were a couple of months ago.
Texas was without Jase Febres who has around 50 career college starts

Don't get hurt because Florida St lost to UCF and has only played 3 games against Quad 1 competition...

OK almost, whatever you say.😂

07 you’re right. FSU won’t run the table. I don’t see anyone in the ACC going undefeated from here, UVA included. Lot of tough games to be played.

Again no one said it was. What was said was had they been ranked top 10 preseason being one of the few teams with only two losses or less, they’d still be there. And used Kansas as an example of a team riding their preseason ranking all the way to #3 before the bottom fell out against Texas.

Beating Creighton, WVU and Tx Tech helped.

Florida St doesn't have one win even close to this

Just facts.

Plus Kansas didn't lose to a shitty team.

You are speaking about hypotheticals...

Coaches don't mean shit. About the players on the floor
You know that. This is the reason why Roy Williams looks average now

Sure, because never has a team beat a much more talented squad because they out coached the team. You’d think if you followed a Shaka smart led program you’d be very familiar with that happening.

😂 your the gift that keeps on giving.

Nothing random, coaches don’t matter. They should just let Vegas simulate the season based on the betting favorite.

🤣😂🤣😂

Apparently you dont

Exactly.
Who cares.
Like I have explained to you before the game. UNC has always allowed too much space for Texas' guards to operate
Wish teams in the Big 12 played that way

Like I said earlier, you act like your argument is valid and rock solid while dismissing other opinions. No one is saying Texas is garbage but they're not on Gonzaga and Baylors' level either. Your guards are good but your front line isn't and that's going to be the reason why you guys will fall short.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
Sure, because never has a team beat a much more talented squad because they out coached the team. You’d think if you followed a Shaka smart led program you’d be very familiar with that happening.

😂 your the gift that keeps on giving.

Nothing random, coaches don’t matter. They should just let Vegas simulate the season based on the betting favorite.

Still the players on the floor...

Like I said earlier, you act like your argument is valid and rock solid while dismissing other opinions. No one is saying Texas is garbage but they're not on Gonzaga and Baylors' level either. Your guards are good but your front line isn't and that's going to be the reason why you guys will fall short.

They have 2 figure lottery picks in the front court
Sims most likely will be a NBA player so they have 3 future NBA players.

Still the players on the floor...
Do you not find it odd you find yourself in different arguments with damn near everyone on this board at one point or another, bc you constantly spit out dumb shit like this.

If all that matters was players on the floor The more talented team should always win right? Yet in some cases Bob Huggins comes along and out coaches Calipari with 5 first round picks, in the elite 8. There’s a reason only a handful of active coaches have a ring.

If you don’t think it matters go take a look at what happened to Louisville the year we replaced Rick Pitino with David Pagentt. Most notably how many games we had leads in and blew down the stretch. The difference was very much noticeable. Coaching doesn’t matter is just what your coach wants you to think bc he hasn’t shown to be a very good coach.

Do you not find it odd you find yourself in different arguments with damn near everyone on this board at one point or another, bc you constantly split dumb shot like this.

If all that matters was players on the floor The more talented team should always win right? Yet in some cases Bob Huggins comes along and out coaches Calipari with 5 first round picks, in the elite 8. There’s a reason only a handful of active coaches have a ring.

If you don’t think it matters go take a look at what happened to Louisville the year we replaced Rick Pitino with David Pagentt. The difference was very much noticeable. Coaching doesn’t matter is just what your coach wants you to think bc he hasn’t shown to be a very good coach.

Some of overrated coaching and don't understand that when the players on the floor they are disconnected from the coaches

Where coaching is important is the coaches knowledge and ability to communicate

Like having a son...

When you aren't around your son isn't having his hand held by you.
So it is on him

Like teams don't fall short with lottery picks. I should ask you do you watch much basketball or do you have selective amnesia?

Their strength is their athleticism on the interior.
They are one of only a handful of teams that can switch their big on a guard.
Sims can guard smalls on the perimeter.

They combine that with experienced guard play

They are as lethal of a team as there is in college basketball
Saying this as objectively as possible.

But Baylor has Vital.
Vital could be the difference between Texas and Baylor

Unless Greg Brown can really step up.

Just keep doubling down on coaching doesn’t matter and hold your breath while someone agrees with you. Maybe Texas tech fans agree that Beard doesn’t matter, that they were just due to upgrade as a program lmao. I get it you can’t win the Kentucky derby on a donkey, you need the players obv, but the guy on the sideline matters as well.

Their strength is their athleticism on the interior.
They are one of only a handful of teams that can switch their big on a guard.
Sims can guard smalls on the perimeter.

They combine that with experienced guard play

They are as lethal of a team as there is in college basketball
Saying this as objectively as possible.

But Baylor has Vital.
Vital could be the difference between Texas and Baylor

Unless Greg Brown can really step up.

Texas tech Uber athletic 5 star just quit the team, and yet they still beat Texas with those 3 nba players in the front court. Sounds lethal

Just keep doubling down on coaching doesn’t matter and hold your breath while someone agrees with you. Maybe Texas tech fans agree that Beard doesn’t matter, that they were just due to upgrade as a program lmao. I get it you can’t win the Kentucky derby on a donkey, you need the players obv, but the guy on the sideline matters as well.

Mac McClung was that player before he came to Tech.
They won that game because of his acting skills.

He can steal points. Did against Texas. About 7-8 of them.

Watch the block on the three. He flung his head back.
Intelligent BBall player

Has nothing to do with hiring Beard and the program rising in national prominence but hey I’m sure it’s something other than beard bc I read on here that coaching doesn’t matter.

Has nothing to do with hiring Beard and the program rising in national prominence but hey I’m sure it’s something other than beard bc I read on here that coaching doesn’t matter.

Talking about two different things, brother

Recruiting vs Coaching

Ultimately the key in BBall is bringing in the correct players that are willing to listen...

80% of coaching is communication. Getting what is in your head into the players

Desire does come into play.

Going back to the Kentucky game...
That is why it is a dangerous game.
Especially considering Texas plays Baylor next week.

sure it does. Coaching comes into play as well. I see you’re laying the groundwork for Texas being disinterested playing the number 1 program in college basketball history 😂 who could get up for Kentucky. If anything they should be licking their chops they get this years version of UK and not what they normally have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT