ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas

On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you? You're not avatar confident, but what place would you put yourself.

*It's just easy to talk a big game you know?

OK let's try this. I assume you think Big8 will sweep the SEC....minus UK/UT of course. You come up with an avatar bet and we'll work out a deal.

Ill be back at 2:30 with a counter.

Trap game sound like an excuse.

thank you. Esp considering the “lack of desire” ground work he’s laid out like any team has ever needed any extra motivation playing UK. if you can’t get up to play against y’all one should probably reconsider their life choices, bc they will always lack desire. UK a “trap game” can’t make that shot up.

Beating Creighton, WVU and Tx Tech helped.

Florida St doesn't have one win even close to this

Just facts.

Plus Kansas didn't lose to a shitty team.

Kansas lost 5 times. Sorry almost, losses matter and there are no good ones. So you think you have 2 lottery picks in your front court? 2 lottery picks and your team gets its ass kicked inside. Or are they almost...lottery picks?👌

Trying too hard here...
Your athletic department is about 1/2 the size of Texas.

Don't use Jai as a scapegoat though. Would be messed up to fire him after a year. Great recruiter but his on the court coaching isn't there.
Too friendly with the players from what I have heard.

hell on the court coaching don’t matter anyways so make him the coach in waiting.

No one said coaching doesn't matter.

You have been proven wrong way too many times.

You should really listen to great coaches because they will explain it to you.
You may not listen to me because you believe I am just a random poster on a message board.
But you will probably listen to Bill Self or Roy Williams.

Coaching college basketball is as difficult as it comes because a lot of players want to go to the NBA.
But maybe their NBA dreams aren't helping the team.

But you clearly said “coaching don’t mean shit, all about the players”

And yes I have been proven wrong more time to count, but the difference in me and you is I can readily admit I was wrong when I am, I don’t just move the goalposts or claim I never said something I said a page earlier.

like the last paragraph is wrong. A lot of players want to go to the nba??? No, more like EVERY player wants to go to the nba, he’ll I wanna go to the nba and I’m 5”8 and never played past high school. Now I’m sure many players realize they will never get there, but that don’t mean that they ain’t trying.

thank you. Esp considering the “lack of desire” ground work he’s laid out like any team has ever needed any extra motivation playing UK. if you can’t get up to play against y’all one should probably reconsider their life choices, bc they will always lack desire. UK a “trap game” can’t make that shot up.

You are a Louisville fan.
You have a totally different view of Kentucky.

Texas plays Baylor who is #2 in the country.
Baylor kicked our asses last year. Like I told IU fans a couple of months ago. What Texas did to IU was what Baylor did to us last year

Bad bait

It was well known before the season they would be good but not great nor elite

No reason to run them through the mud truthfully

Obv I’m not making any UL>Kansas claims but I love the confidence.

But this is the problem in the original original debate imo, it was also well known before the season that duke and UK would be ranked top ten and final four contenders. And then they started playing the games.

Now glance off on another topic regarding communication or athleticism and pretend someone is disagreeing with you.

Like the coaching=communication point you want to drive home despite the fact I never disputed it once. Of course a big part of coaching is communication, he’ll there are few jobs where that isn’t important. But you know what else is important? Having a game plan, in game adjustments, preparing for your opponents gameplan, switching defenses, under the goal out of bounds execution. A million other things than just communication and recruiting as you said over and over and over and will now claim to have never said once you realize you are flat out wrong once again.

You are a Louisville fan.
You have a totally different view of Kentucky.

Texas plays Baylor who is #2 in the country.
Baylor kicked our asses last year. Like I told IU fans a couple of months ago. What Texas did to IU was what Baylor did to us last year

god forbid any team ever have to “get up” for two games in a row.

point taken about being a Louisville fan, but I don’t see many outside of yourself ever refer to the uk game as just another game much less push it a step forward and call it a trap game.

Obv I’m not making any UL>Kansas claims but I love the confidence.

But this is the problem in the original original debate imo, it was also well known before the season that duke and UK would be ranked top ten and final four contenders. And then they started playing the games.

Now glance off on another topic regarding communication or athleticism and pretend someone is disagreeing with you.

Like the coaching=communication point you want to drive home despite the fact I never disputed it once. Of course a big part of coaching is communication, he’ll there are few jobs where that isn’t important. But you know what else is important? Having a game plan, in game adjustments, preparing for your opponents gameplan, switching defenses, under the goal out of bounds execution. A million other things than just communication and recruiting as you said over and over and over and will now claim to have never said once you realize you are flat out wrong once again.

Listen...

None of that matters when the players stepped onto the floor.

You cannot hold their hand.

Similar to your son. You can tell him things until you blue in the face
But won't matter unless he listens...

And btw sorry Kansas fans I never meant to make y’all collateral damage in this thread beyond making the point that imo preseason rankings factor into the AP poll wayyyyy to much, esp when considering cutting the tourney field all the way to 16.

shouldn’t have taken me this long to realize the irrelevance in arguing with someone who is so arrogant they refuse to admit when they are proven wrong. Not even that, won’t even admit when someone else is right, just deflects and moves the goalposts. Bout Like lays potato chips tho once I got a bite into his ignorance I couldn’t just stop at one so in that sense this round goes to sheriff. Well done sir. Troll on

Reactions: duckboy33
Listen...

None of that matters when the players stepped onto the floor.

You cannot hold their hand.

Similar to your son. You can tell him things until you blue in the face
But won't matter unless he listens...

Listen..... your wrong.......yet again.

Like under the goal out of bounds execution played no part in the outcome of the uga-uk game since you know none of that stuff matters. When it literally decided the outcome of that game. Yes I’m well aware they played 39 minutes and 57 seconds beyond that play, but in the end, that single play, both UGas execution and UKs lack of execution on defense swung the game from a loss to a win for uga. So please tell us all again how none of that matters. And that might be the least important thing a coach is responsible for, but it still matters. It’s a game of inches, everything matters at some point when in the end the difference between victory and defeat is razor thin and can come down to one single play.

You act like every single game of basketball plays out the same and is so easily predictable, when the sheer unpredictability is one of college basketballs greatest assets. A reason they coined March madness and not March of the most talented rosters to the final four.

The more you post the more ignorant you appear, but you just keep piling up the posts anyways.

Last edited:
Listen..... your wrong.......yet again.

Like under the goal out of bounds execution played no part in the outcome of the uga-uk game since you know none of that stuff matters.

You act like every single game of basketball plays out the same and is so easily predictable, when the sheer unpredictability is one of college basketballs greatest assets. A reason they coined March madness and not March of the most talented rosters to the final four.

The more you post the more ignorant you appear, but you just keep piling up the posts anyways.

You fail to listen...

Do you understand that some 18 year olds are like that.

When a coach tells them something in goes in one ear and out the other

The better coaches are ones who can create bubbles in their programs and who have the attention of the players.

Problem is the game is changing. Not like the 60's and 70's.
You don't have people like Bobby Knight who would verbally and physically attack his players if they didn't listen.

So you think cal told Jackson right before the play to back off the inbounding player and defend the rim at all costs and he just didn’t listen, bc he’s young?

I’m well aware that none of it means jack shit if the players don’t listen, but I also realize if a player doesn’t listen to the coach their ass will be on the bench. That simple. Which is another very important aspect the coach is responsible for, rotations and mins played.

now i guess I’ll wait for you to try to explain to us simpletons that in actuality college players just sub themselves in and out when the time comes. Or maybe you’ll spin that it doesn’t matter who the coach plays or doesn’t play. Or who the coach puts the ball in the hands of cone crunch time. Or none of it, well except the communication of course. Hell what do they even need to communicate if none of it matters anyways.

Im listening just fine, I’m just not agreeing with your line of BS.

Last edited:
What I am telling you is that players has to get that voice in their head when they are on the court.

Sometimes you have this and the job is easy because you can build on it.
Other times you don't.

Watch BBall. See how often you see head coaches or more often assistants talk to players when they come onto the bench.

Especially guards. Guards are usually the key here.

Why people always speak about veteran guards

What I am telling you is that players has to get that voice in their head when they are on the court.

Sometimes you have this and the job is easy because you can build on it.
Other times you don't.

Watch BBall. See how often you see head coaches or more often assistants talk to players when they come onto the bench.

Especially guards. Guards are usually the key here.

Why people always speak about veteran guards

Even when you are right, your so condescending you make an ass out of yourself.

Like, Wait a second, the coaches talk to the players when they come out of the game? What about? Surely they aren’t, well I dunno, COACHING the players. I’ve watched a few games and I also see a lot of the coaches yelling things out to the players on the floor. But none of that matters, just that they communicate well when the players come to the bench.

Im suprised more programs don’t just pluck out a kid from their communications major instead of paying their coach millions of dollars a year.

Even when you are right, your so condescending you make an ass out of yourself.

Like, Wait a second, the coaches talk to the players when they come out of the game? What about? Surely they aren’t, well I dunno, COACHING the players. I’ve watched a few games and I also see a lot of the coaches yelling things out to the players on the floor. But none of that matters, just that they communicate well when the players come to the bench.

Im suprised more programs don’t just pluck out a kid from their communications major instead of paying their coach millions of dollars a year.

Knowledge of the game.

Not going to disagree. But you can have all the knowledge in the world and still be a horrible coach.
Because you can't teach that knowledge.

Sure. You finally made sense without saying silly stuff like, watch a game sometime, like everyone here isn’t here bc they enjoy watching college basketball. I’m not so sure the point of the first sentence “knowledge of the game” like that is the answer to some giant puzzle. But yes I totally agree. See how easy that is.

And ur also right at some point players should know what to do by themselves, whether it be avoice in their head or just b-ball IQ. Whatever you wanna call it. But that light bulb doesn’t always come on in college for most players, esp when we see so many leave after a year or two. Some players make stupid plays/decisions regardless, I get that as well, I watched Russ Smith for four years. While a similar sized guy like Tyler Ullis had it, seemingly from day 1. All which makes coaching in college even more important than it is in the NBA, bc yes at that point the players should know what to do regardless of game situation.

Man, I'd like to see Baracus and Sherrif go at it. They appear to he the same person.

Sheriff saying he doesn’t watch a lot of basketball makes his posts make a lot more sense. And also explains why he seems to think that FSU can’t execute in the half court offense or play defense.

How embarrasing would it be if Texas lost to UK on Saturday? There is probably less than a 3% chance of that happening, but it would be funny.

It’s much better than that. Not quite 50/50 imo but Texas isn’t nearly as “lethal” as he believes.

But I’ll say that to say this, there’s also a chance that Texas dog walks em like Kansas. Who knows, that’s what makes it fun.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
It’s much better than that. Not quite 50/50 imo but Texas isn’t nearly as “lethal” as he believes.

But I’ll say that to say this, there’s also a chance that Texas dog walks em like Kansas. Who knows, that’s what makes it fun.
I expect UK to lose their next four (Bama, Texas, Mizzou, Tennessee) by a combined 60 points, at least.

That is one helluva rough stretch. UTenn seems to be spiraling though, that one home or away I know y’all do both. HC was worth about 50 points a couple of years ago in that series lol.

Very suprised at how well Mizzou has played so far. Didn’t expect much out of them. Bama too, although they had some expectations, they are outplaying them atm imo.

That is one helluva rough stretch. UTenn seems to be spiraling though, that one home or away I know y’all do both. HC was worth about 50 points a couple of years ago in that series lol.

Very suprised at how well Mizzou has played so far. Didn’t expect much out of them. Bama too, although they had some expectations, they are outplaying them atm imo.
At Alabama and Mizzou, home against Texas and Tennessee. I don't think anyone expected Mizzou to be as good as they've been to this point. Bama is definitely playing better than advertised and they need to chill the F out...

Yea unless bama keeps this level of play up, which will obviously be tough, I’m afraid they gonna shoot their was before the tourney. Kinda feel like tenn already shot their wad, but lots of games left to get er up again.

How embarrasing would it be if Texas lost to UK on Saturday? There is probably less than a 3% chance of that happening, but it would be funny.
I haven't checked the schedule for our 21 football season yet, but it would be nice if UK played @ Texas. It would be weird to see Texas beat UK in Rupp and UK beat Texas on the road.

Reactions: Random UK Fan

Some people that aren't used to winning, get intoxicated when they see their team win some games they typically don't.
He's new to this winning thing, give him some time. The crash back down to earth is fun to watch.

At Alabama and Mizzou, home against Texas and Tennessee. I don't think anyone expected Mizzou to be as good as they've been to this point. Bama is definitely playing better than advertised and they need to chill the F out...
Unless Texas goes unconscious from 3 point range, I think UK wins both home games. Tennessee is having issues right now and Shaka will be out for Saturday's game. Should be interesting.
We're going to be taking pregnancy tests after tonight's game I'm afraid.

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
Yea unless bama keeps this level of play up, which will obviously be tough, I’m afraid they gonna shoot their was before the tourney. Kinda feel like tenn already shot their wad, but lots of games left to get er up again.
You could be right

Looked at a bit of the TT-WVU game. Yawner IMO. Other than Baylor do they play defense in the league? Very poor D. That McClung kid is a big old ball hog. He would do better to find open teammates more often, shoot less. Put up the game loser after running down court on his own. Sheesh. Does he think he’s Pistol Pete?

After watching UVA dominate Cuse, they would handle either of those teams.

ADVERTISEMENT