ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas

sure it does. Coaching comes into play as well. I see you’re laying the groundwork for Texas being disinterested playing the number 1 program in college basketball history 😂 who could get up for Kentucky. If anything they should be licking their chops they get this years version of UK and not what they normally have.

Not really.
I am pretty sure the program itself will tell you what is important and not some guy on a message board.

Talking about two different things, brother

Recruiting vs Coaching

Ultimately the key in BBall is bringing in the correct players that are willing to listen...

80% of coaching is communication. Getting what is in your head into the players

I thought the key was athleticism. It was last week. This is not even worth my time, which is admittedly basically worthless. You spout out dumb shit, get proved wrong, then pivot into an even stupider direction and of that doesn’t work double down for the hell of it. Starting to think ur just an ultimate troll as opposed to being thick and stubborn.

I thought the key was athleticism. It was last week. This is not even worth my time, which is admittedly basically worthless. You spout out dumb shit, get proved wrong, then pivot into an even stupider direction and of that doesn’t work double down for the hell of it. Starting to think ur just an ultimate troll as opposed to being thick and stubborn.

You are pretty clueless about coaching and their impact on the game.
Listen to how coaches speak. They will tell you themselves..

Having athletes goes back to bringing in the correct players.
But once they are in your program it is all about communication.

Like I said in the beginning you are speaking about two different things.
Recruiting vs Coaching

Chris Beard wouldn't have had the success he did if he didn't inherit a program from Tubby Smith.

Smith deserves some of the credit for the success in Lubbock.

Chris Beard does an excellent job at communicating what is in his mind to the players
They trust him.

But ultimately this is only as good as the players you bring in.

Called clueless from you is almost a complement at some point.

if you knew a third as much as you thought you’d be headlining the gambling thread making unlimited earnings off your knowledge. Surely that’s very Easy for you since coaching doesn’t matter and nothing random ever happens. Good day sir

Reactions: duckboy33

if you knew a third as much as you thought you’d be headlining the gambling thread making unlimited earnings off your knowledge. Surely that’s very Easy for you since coaching doesn’t matter and nothing random ever happens. Good day sir

No one said coaching doesn't matter.

You have been proven wrong way too many times.

You should really listen to great coaches because they will explain it to you.
You may not listen to me because you believe I am just a random poster on a message board.
But you will probably listen to Bill Self or Roy Williams.

Goes back to communication.
Once you win it is much easier to communicate with the players because of that trust factor

Coaching college basketball is as difficult as it comes because a lot of players want to go to the NBA.
But maybe their NBA dreams aren't helping the team.

You will listen to Bill Self about basketball but you may not listen to that guy at the REC center.
You may listen to Roy Williams but you won't listen to a guy who has never been to the Final 4 as a player.

All about putting what is in your head into the players.

He’s killing it in the pick em

We all had this same argument about Kentucky prior to the season...

People said Calipari does it every year so it doesn't matter.

Not true at all. People really need to start listening to the coaches.

Coaches will tell you the full story pretty much

Haven’t been impressed with Kansas at all and I’ve watched 5 or so games. Sorry the good Kansas posters, and I’m not trying to turn it into a ville Kansas convo bc we have our flaws.
tenor.gif

I thought you'd say that.
You guys get to come to Rupp. UL will crowing then I guess.

Trap game.
Just as long as Texas doesn't turn the ball over they will be alright. They need to turn into a team that knows when to get their punches in.

I expect to see a lot of the bench.

Most of the program is preparing to play Baylor in a week.
But between then they have two games.

Plus Shaka won't be on the sideline m

Haven’t been impressed with Kansas at all and I’ve watched 5 or so games. Sorry the good Kansas posters, and I’m not trying to turn it into a ville Kansas convo bc we have our flaws.

Yet you've posted multiple times that you were really impressed with Louisville.

I'm thinking that you're applying very different standards.

Trap game.
Just as long as Texas doesn't turn the ball over they will be alright. They need to turn into a team that knows when to get their punches in.

I expect to see a lot of the bench.

Most of the program is preparing to play Baylor in a week.
But between then they have two games.

Plus Shaka won't be on the sideline m
Trap game sound like an excuse.

Reactions: duckboy33
Trap game sound like an excuse.

I guess for Kentucky it is an important game.
Texas is playing for a #1 seed and a Big 12 Championship. That Baylor game plays a big part in it.

Name value of Kentucky should have the players motivated but ultimately Kentucky needs this game.
Have to make sure that the game stays in reach so Texas only needs 3-5 minutes to win the game.

I guess for Kentucky it is an important game.
Texas is playing for a #1 seed and a Big 12 Championship. That Baylor game plays a big part in it.

Name value of Kentucky should have the players motivated but ultimately Kentucky needs this game.
Have to make sure that the game stays in reach so Texas only needs 3-5 minutes to win the game.
Do you think Texas has a little motivation being we took Lucas and Collins from yall? I do hope your team comes in as confident as you.

I'd have to imagine it would hurt your resume to lose at UK?

Do you think Texas has a little motivation being we took Lucas and Collins from yall? I do hope your team comes in as confident as you.

I'd have to imagine it would hurt your resume to lose at UK?

Not really.
Lucas left because Shaka didn't promote him to AHC when Yaklich left.
Just look at your guard play. On the floor coaching isn't there.

We have been through this already. Texas can pay a coach whatever they desire if they want to keep them. If not they get processed.
Hopefully Lucas doesn't get screwed at Kentucky and blamed for their failures this year.

Not really.

We have been through this already. Texas can pay a coach whatever they desire if they want to keep them. If not they get processed.
Hopefully Lucas doesn't get screwed at Kentucky and blamed for their failures this year.
If you guys can hire the best and pay them whatever for success, then why haven't you? Can you just now afford it?

Not really.

Seriously though, you seem informed. Have you been following Collins. That guy is a beast and would succeed anywhere.

If you guys can hire the best and pay them whatever for success, then why haven't you? Can you just now afford it?

Trying too hard here...
Your athletic department is about 1/2 the size of Texas.

Don't use Jai as a scapegoat though. Would be messed up to fire him after a year. Great recruiter but his on the court coaching isn't there.
Too friendly with the players from what I have heard.

Trying too hard here...
Your athletic department is about 1/2 the size of Texas.

Don't use Jai as a scapegoat though. Would be messed up to fire him after a year. Great recruiter but his on the court coaching isn't there.
Too friendly with the players from what I have heard.

I thought it was a pretty easy question. Why the lash out against one of your own?

....also @ExitFlagger is this where he deflects to other sports?

Great story. Are you hoping that made up reality comes true?

Whatever you want to tell yourself.

Texas wanted KT Turner as AHC. Jai wanted the job. So he started looking elsewhere.

He is in a good spot and we support him. Like I said if he becomes a scapegoat for your failures this year that would be messed up.

You expect some changes will be made. Calipari will have to answer for this year most likely.

Whatever you want to tell yourself.

Texas wanted KT Turner as AHC. Jai wanted the job. So he started looking elsewhere.

He is in a good spot and we support him. Like I said if he becomes a scapegoat for your failures this year that would be messed up.

You expect some changes will be made. Calipari will have to answer for this year most likely.
Lucas has already served his immediate purpose. Collins. Plus you probably don't watch all the behind the scenes stuff at UK so I'm guessing you're just running with half wit and conjecture. Understandable.

He isn't a scapegoat or any other fantasies.

So are you up to an avatar bet on the UK vs Texas game? One month.

Lucas has already served his immediate purpose. Collins. Plus you probably don't watch all the behind the scenes stuff at UK so I'm guessing you're just running with half wit and conjecture. Understandable.

He isn't a scapegoat or any other fantasies.

So are you up to an avatar bet on the UK vs Texas game? One month.

Not an important game...

Hopefully he isn't a scapegoat. Shaka found him a great spot. Would be trashy to fire him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT