ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas

HAHAHAHA now that is funny. Football is the worst? IDC if you are talking NFL or College. You couldnt be more wrong. For the record I think college should have 8 teams in just for the fun of it.

Tourney wise the best way would be a sweet 16. The true best way is a best of 3 series of a 16 team tourney. I am fine with march madness. I love it. You have very good teams winning it all 91% of the time but the best way would be the 16 team (series) tourney.
I'm talking about college football. Not sure you'll find anyone to agree with you that football has a better format than basketball for determining a champion.

The issue is that UNC and Dukes fall has hurt Florida State

Florida State doesn't have a big time win

All the schools in "better conferences" do

Kansas stayed up there because they have wins over Creighton, Tx Tech and WV

UNC and Dukes fall have zero to do with where they were ranked preseason. Like I said if they had been preseason top 10 they’d likely be ranked 3rd right now with the same results. That’s how important the AP poll would be it the tourney or series became fewer and fewer teams.

UNC and Dukes fall have zero to do with where they were ranked preseason. Like I said if they had been preseason top 10 they’d likely be ranked 3rd right now with the same results. That’s how important the AP poll would be it the tourney or series became fewer and fewer teams.

Debatable
Where was Florida State in the original AP poll?

The issue with Florida State has been their schedule.

Plus losing to UCF

Is there is a Top 10 with that kind of L
Trying to be objective as possible here...

ACC is awful this year according to the "experts"

Sometimes they are wrong.

This doesn't have anything to do with Kansas
You think Florida State would have done better with KUs schedule.

Kansas does have wins over Texas Tech, WVU and Creighton

What makes WVU or Texas Tech great wins? Or Creighton? Just because people say?

Kansas would be somewhere between 5th and 7th in the ACC.

What makes WVU or Texas Tech great wins? Or Creighton? Just because people say?

Kansas would be somewhere between 5th and 7th in the ACC.

Let's stay in reality here

For one. Neither of them have horrible losses

Virginia lost to San Francisco
Florida St lost to UCF

UCF is considered a Bad L
Is the reason why Florida St is not ranked or at least was. They will be back in the poll this week

If duke had FSU’s entire body of work to go with their preseason ranking and name brand they would be ranked 3rd right now, no doubt in my mind.

If duke had FSU’s entire body of work to go with their preseason ranking and name brand they would be ranked 3rd right now, no doubt in my mind.

You are making excuses for their L to UCF

If they didn't lose to UCF they would #6 or #7

Texas started the season #19. But they don't have a horrible L. Lost to two ranked teams by a combine 6 points

Wasn't just losing to them. They ran Florida St off the court.

Now you’re just making stuff up. FSU led more than half the game. It was a 3 point game with like 2-3 minutes to go and UCF closed out with free throws. Tip of the cap, but they didn’t run anyone off the court.

What great wins does Texas have? UNC and Indiana? FSU has those same wins. West Virginia? Well who have they beaten that makes them some big win? Oklahoma State?

West Virginia has played 4 top 35 KenPom teams and lost to all 4. Maybe they just aren’t that great?

How about Texas Tech? They beat absolutely no one of consequence out of conference. Then they beat Texas. Which brings us back to who exactly has Texas beaten?

It’s all a big circle jerk based on preseason expectations. You keep saying that FSU hasn’t had any big wins, but none of these teams have any big wins.

You are making excuses for their L to UCF

If they didn't lose to UCF they would #6 or #7

Texas started the season #19. But they don't have a horrible L. Lost to two ranked teams by a combine 6 points

No I’m not I’m saying if duke lost to ucf ie had the exact same results as FSU, they’d be ranked 3rd probably. Top 5 likely top 10 for sure. Preseason rankings matter too much is the point. Not FSU resume or duke and unc being down. It’s just examples.

The preseason poll would be mean sooooooo much more if we limited the tourney field. And it couldn’t be more flawed.

Now you’re just making stuff up. FSU led more than half the game. It was a 3 point game with like 2-3 minutes to go and UCF closed out with free throws. Tip of the cap, but they didn’t run anyone off the court.

What great wins does Texas have? UNC and Indiana? FSU has those same wins. West Virginia? Well who have they beaten that makes them some big win? Oklahoma State?

West Virginia has played 4 top 35 KenPom teams and lost to all 4. Maybe they just aren’t that great?

How about Texas Tech? They beat absolutely no one of consequence out of conference. Then they beat Texas. Which brings us back to who exactly has Texas beaten?

It’s all a big circle jerk based on preseason expectations. You keep saying that FSU hasn’t had any big wins, but none of these teams have any big wins.

Texas was ranked the same place as Florida State.
#19 compared to #21

You are trying to create a narrative full of lies.

You lost to a team that is #100 according to KenPom

Please find me a Top 25 with a more embarrassing L

If it werent for the preseason polls we wouldn’t even have a metric to measure what a “big win” is early in the season. Just preseason expectations and rankings like ge Nole said.

If it werent for the preseason polls we wouldn’t even have a metric to measure what a “big win” is early in the season. Just preseason expectations and rankings like ge Nole said.

UCF is 3-6 in a midmajor.
Horrible L by any measure

You don't lose to a team like that and expect to get people behind you.
Especially when the schedule lacks value so far

I have not mentioned or argued one thing with you regarding ucf. They beat FSU, I get it.

So responding to me with ucf this ucf that is wasting both our times.

Reactions: supergreennole
Texas was ranked the same place as Florida State.
#19 compared to #21

You are trying to create a narrative full of lies.

You lost to a team that is #100 according to KenPom

Please find me a Top 25 with a more embarrassing L

Oregon lost to Oregon State (133). Alabama lost to Western Kentucky. UVA lost to San Francisco.

I’m not suggesting FSU should be ranked in the top 10. What I’m suggesting is that plenty of the “big wins” you’re talking about don’t have any actual evidence behind them as “big wins.”

Who has Texas really beaten? Who has Texas Tech really beaten?

Reactions: supergreennole
I have not mentioned or argued one thing with you regarding ucf. They beat FSU, I get it.

So responding to me with ucf this ucf that is wasting both our times.

That is what is keeping Florida St down.
Has nothing to do with preseason rankings

They were ranked in the preseason even if it was #21
Even at 11-2 or whatever they are they aren't even as highly regarded now as they were in the preseason

It was the UCF game

Oregon lost to Oregon State (133). Alabama lost to Western Kentucky. UVA lost to San Francisco.

I’m not suggesting FSU should be ranked in the top 10. What I’m suggesting is that plenty of the “big wins” you’re talking about don’t have any actual evidence behind them as “big wins.”

Who has Texas really beaten? Who has Texas Tech really beaten?

I am trying to be as objective as possible

Texas would embarrass Florida State right now.
Maybe at the end of the season you can be up there but not right now

They are too good on both sides of the ball. Are one possession in two games against great teams from being undefeated.

Compare the 2 losses

Yea bc big12 will have 5/8 EE teams right?? Looking more like 1 two weeks after you were on that crusade.

They are too good on both sides of the ball. Are one possession in two games against great teams from being undefeated.

Compare the 2 losses

😂😂😂

Yeah, Texas is gonna embarrass a top 15 team that has the best offense in college basketball since returning from our COVID pause? Funny stuff.

Well known before the season Louisville wasn't going to be that great

I don't know why a Louisville fan will think Florida St running then off the floor makes Florida St elite

Trying to craft a narrative to make yourselves feel better

Best offense?

You are no where close to Villanova on the offensive end.

Real talk.

If you had any chance at beating a team like Texas you need a defense

Have to play defense

Since January 1, FSU is the best team in college basketball. Sorry, I don’t make the stats, I just report them. https://www.barttorvik.com/?year=20...1&top=0&quad=5&venue=All&type=All&mingames=0#

And FSU’s offense has been so good in that time (again, after our COVID pause), that the gap between FSU’s offense and number 2 (Gonzaga) is larger than the gap between number 2 and number 24 (LSU).

Again, It’s not my fault the numbers agree with me. https://www.barttorvik.com/?sort=Ad...=0&venue=All&type=All&mingames=0&quad=5&rpi=#

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
Since January 1, FSU is the best team in college basketball. Sorry, I don’t make the stats, I just report them. https://www.barttorvik.com/?year=20...1&top=0&quad=5&venue=All&type=All&mingames=0#

And FSU’s offense has been so good in that time (again, after our COVID pause), that the gap between FSU’s offense and number 2 (Gonzaga) is larger than the gap between number 2 and number 24 (LSU).

Again, It’s not my fault the numbers agree with me. https://www.barttorvik.com/?sort=Ad...=0&venue=All&type=All&mingames=0&quad=5&rpi=#

That won't be enough to beat teams like Texas.

It will be on the defensive end.
Elite offenses can easily be stop. Especially a team like Florida State.

Will have to be on the defensive end.

You have to attack Texas' guards and hope you don't leave space for Sims

Compare the 2 losses

You don’t know who would win against who until they actually play the game. BB is a game of matchups. FSU May match up very well vs Texas. Nobody gave FSU a prayer vs Zaga a couple years ago and FSU dominated them.

FSU typically has a couple bad losses every year early. Ham tinkers with his line up. He wants to be 10-11 deep headed into the tourney and it helps when the inevitable injuries occur. Come March those losses won’t matter, except to someone like you who looks down their schedule and says they lost to UCF, they can’t be good.

When the regular season is over the ACC May be better than you and others suppose. Just because Duke and early on UNC struggled, you don’t trash everybody. BTW UNC is coming on and have the talent to be very good at the end. The last National Champion was in fact Virginia. We’ll see.

That won't be enough to beat teams like Texas.

It will be on the defensive end.
Elite offenses can easily be stop. Especially a team like Florida State.

Will have to be on the defensive end.

You have to attack Texas' guards and hope you don't leave space for Sims

You said Texas “would embarrass” FSU. You don’t say beat. You said embarrass. That’s a flat out joke. One of the biggest homer statements I’ve ever seen.

Since Jan 1, Oklahoma State has the 11th best offense and 64th best defense. Both worse than FSU. Texas barely won the game against Okie State.

But yeah, I’m sure UT would just run FSU off the court.

Nothing personal but the ACC isn't great this year

Has nothing to do with UNC nor Duke

I am sorry but these are the facts.

The ACC isn’t great. That’s correct. But that has nothing to do with Kansas (the original thread title) or Texas being great either. Other than Baylor, what has the Big 12 proven?

You said Texas “would embarrass” FSU. You don’t say beat. You said embarrass. That’s a flat out joke. One of the biggest homer statements I’ve ever seen.

Since Jan 1, Oklahoma State has the 11th best offense and 64th best defense. Both worse than FSU. Texas barely won the game against Okie State.

But yeah, I’m sure UT would just run FSU off the court.

Texas kept trying to push the lead on Oklahoma State

But Oklahoma State played with 5 guards and this gave Texas issues at time.

Talking about being a homer...
You are the one speaking as if Florida State can compete with the elite

I am telling you right now...

Baylor is a better version of Texas at this moment
This isn't a bad thing for Texas because they are a pretty good version of themselves.

There aren't many teams who could beat them
Regarding being embarrassed.
Florida St will unless they get after it on the defensive end.

The ACC isn’t great. That’s correct. But that has nothing to do with Kansas (the original thread title) or Texas being great either. Other than Baylor, what has the Big 12 proven?

Exactly

Why bring Florida State in this conversation

I already said the difference between Kansas and Florida State

KU has 3 great wins with 0 bad losses

Florida State has 0 great wins with 1 bad L

Texas kept trying to push the lead on Oklahoma State

But Oklahoma State played with 5 guards and this gave Texas issues at time.

Talking about being a homer...
You are the one speaking as if Florida State can compete with the elite

I am telling you right now...

Baylor is a better version of Texas at this moment
This isn't a bad thing for Texas because they are a pretty good version of themselves.

There aren't many teams who could beat them
Regarding being embarrassed.
Florida St will unless they get after it on the defensive end.

I’m not trying to push any narrative. FSU still has some growing to do. Needs to get healthy. Needs to find some interior depth.

All I’m doing is reporting facts. Since FSU came back from their COVID pause, they have been the number 1 team in college basketball, and the offense has been in another universe (all adjusted for strength of schedule and pace, of course).

Those are just the facts.

You don’t know who would win against who until they actually play the game. BB is a game of matchups. FSU May match up very well vs Texas. Nobody gave FSU a prayer vs Zaga a couple years ago and FSU dominated them.

FSU typically has a couple bad losses every year early. Ham tinkers with his line up. He wants to be 10-11 deep headed into the tourney and it helps when the inevitable injuries occur. Come March those losses won’t matter, except to someone like you who looks down their schedule and says they lost to UCF, they can’t be good.

When the regular season is over the ACC May be better than you and others suppose. Just because Duke and early on UNC struggled, you don’t trash everybody. BTW UNC is coming on and have the talent to be very good at the end. The last National Champion was in fact Virginia. We’ll see.

Your arguing with a guy who said nothing random ever happens in March is all about coaches, game plans, and the players. Then doubled down on his stance of nothin random in March lol.

Reactions: GE Nole
Exactly

Why bring Florida State in this conversation

I already said the difference between Kansas and Florida State

KU has 3 great wins with 0 bad losses

Florida State has 0 great wins with 1 bad L

What great wins does Kansas have? Lol. Kansas would be a solid 4th or 5th in the ACC.

I’m not trying to push any narrative. FSU still has some growing to do. Needs to get healthy. Needs to find some interior depth.

All I’m doing is reporting facts. Since FSU came back from their COVID pause, they have been the number 1 team in college basketball, and the offense has been in another universe (all adjusted for strength of schedule and pace, of course).

Those are just the facts.

How many games?

3-4

Not enough data

Well known before the season Louisville wasn't going to be that great

I don't know why a Louisville fan will think Florida St running then off the floor makes Florida St elite

Trying to craft a narrative to make yourselves feel better

All I’ve ever been arguing is the preseason polls would mean way to much if we cut down the tourney to 16 teams. FSU is a good example of that. The big ten is another good example of that, they will eat each other up until no one gets a bid.

How many bad losses make up for 2 extra Ls on the season.

And Oklahoma ain’t ucf level bad but it ain’t a good loss either. Oh nvm no such thing as a bad loss in the big 12 gauntlet. 5/8 elite 8 book it.

ADVERTISEMENT