ADVERTISEMENT

K-State @ KU

Awesome game. What was that last possession by K-State though? Only down 1 and launch a desperation 3 at the end? That was horrendous.

Reactions: KisteK
Down 1 with 15 sec to play and you hold the ball and take a contested three? WTF kind of coaching is that? No attempt to drive and maybe get a foul? DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Kansas is terrible and they are still gonna coast to the B12 title. Zero doubt in my mind.

You have to drive to the paint in the situation and either score or hope to draw a foul, IMO.

I guess there was actually a little genius to that madness that final possession for KU defensively. Looks like Self threw out a Triangle and 2 and KSU wasn't expecting that.

Caught the last couple minutes. This is the worst bill self team in a long time.

What was that last kstate possession?

Reactions: KisteK
I guess there was actually a little genius to that madness that final possession for KU defensively. Looks like Self threw out a Triangle and 2 and KSU wasn't expecting that.
Add KState to the list of schools that's been burned by Self's Triangle and 2.

Reactions: cooljeff
You would still think they would try something other than standing still, dribbling for 14 seconds, and launching a contested 3 as time expired. Laughing

One of the worst final possessions I’ve seen in a KU/ksu game. That was bad, even for a Weber coached team.

Great game, overall. Never should’ve let them stay within 6-8, but our defense just isn’t very good right now. That has to change by Monday, or we’ll get blown out by 20+

I’m still surprised they didn’t hit it. KU didn’t play great by any means, but KSU hit a lot of tough shots that they would normally miss.

One of the worst final possessions I’ve seen in a KU/ksu game. That was bad, even for a Weber coached team.

Great game, overall. Never should’ve let them stay within 6-8, but our defense just isn’t very good right now. That has to change by Monday, or we’ll get blown out by 20+

I'll be happy if we stay within double digits. Only way we win is if we go insane from 3. WVU plays too good of D to allow that.

Reactions: KisteK and npreston

Yeah, but they probably grabbed 10+ points today off of terrible offense where they hit a shot with a guy in their face. If it works...

I’m actually not discouraged today. We still have a lot of room for improvement, but we played better defensively today. They hit some really tough shots and only missed 1 FT. That will make a defense look worse than it is. If they miss even a couple of those shots and shoot a normal FT %, KU would have won this one comfortably.

Defense had improved the last couple of games and there’s still plenty of time to figure it out. Self can get them there. It might happen too late to win the league, but he’ll get them to where they need to be defensively imo.

I'll be happy if we stay within double digits. Only way we win is if we go insane from 3. WVU plays too good of D to allow that.
Depends on the officiating. If they call fouls, we’ve got a chance. If they let our players bounce off of WVU defenders like a pin ball game like they did in the Baylor game...then ya we will lose by 20. Maybe 30.

Yeah, but they probably grabbed 10+ points today off of terrible offense where they hit a shot with a guy in their face. If it works...

I’m actually not discouraged today. We still have a lot of room for improvement, but we played better defensively today. They hit some really tough shots and only missed 1 FT. That will make a defense look worse than it is. If they miss even a couple of those shots and shoot a normal FT %, KU would have won this one comfortably.

Defense had improved the last couple of games and there’s still plenty of time to figure it out. Self can get them there. It might happen too late to win the league, but he’ll get them to where they need to be defensively imo.

Diarrah and wade both played above their heads today

But ku is so slow and lazy most opponents will have people capable of doing that against us

Diarrah and wade both played above their heads today

But ku is so slow and lazy most opponents will have people capable of doing that against us

CD played better than than expected given it was his second start and first on the road

Wade played above his head ? Hardly

CD played better than than expected given it was his second start and first on the road

Wade played above his head ? Hardly

I thought he hit a lot of guarded jump shots. But maybe he always does that. Idk

Looking at his per game stats it appears this was his best game in a few weeks and one of his best all year

I blame ku’s terrible defense for most of that, but he also hit some tough shots. He is a matchup problem for ku, so I expect him to score against us.

he had 20 plus there last year as a soph

he had 34 or 35 v ISU 2 weeks ago

It's probably human nature to say, when your team gets taken to the last possession at home by an average team, that somebody played out of their a$$ but that's not what happened today

ADVERTISEMENT