ADVERTISEMENT

Judge rules NCAA cannot use FBI Investigation Evidence

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville

Well. Who thinks the NCAA will investigate all the schools themselves and they will cooperate?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
source.gif

The NCAA can pound sand.

Sigh of relief for college basketball fans.The NCAA is inept.

Live look at Emmert.

tenor.gif

He and the rest of the NCAA couldn't care less, this a weight off their shoulders by letting by gones be by gones, and they just collecting checks.

This was obvious.

Too many schools to go after and the NCAA Tournament is 97% of the NCAA's revenue as they don't make a penny from football.
Yep.....You really think the NCAA wanted to see some major P5 teams heads roll? Nope. AN NCAAT w/o a Duke or Kansas? Possibly a UK, Arizona, etc, etc...

Hell no.

This is funny b/c NCAA just made a rule change/amendment wtfever, about they will now allow outside investigation do their work for them. Everyone knew they were talking about the FBI. The FBI just said, nope,spend our own dime.

NCAA is a bunch of buffoons.

So every wiretap is now hearsay from a journalist. They don't have access so there's no way the NCAA can use any of that, all universities are just going to respond "I don't know what you're talking about".Good **** NCAA,

All text/documents...poof

Somewhere Thamel and Forde are crying in each others arms.

RollLaugh

I'd say they aint to happy. I know I wouldnt be.

Why wouldn’t you be happy? As a Louisville fan, I know the NCAA would attempt to lay the smackdown even with the VERY minimal evidence/hearsay from the trial/evidence documents. Even without being able to use it now, they still might. But, I say that’s not likely, idk, could be wrong.

Reactions: UL_1986
Why wouldn’t you be happy? As a Louisville fan, I know the NCAA would attempt to lay the smackdown even with the VERY minimal evidence/hearsay from the trial/evidence documents. Even without being able to use it now, they still might. But, I say that’s not likely, idk, could be wrong.
This:

The University of Louisville has suspended a men's basketball player indefinitely as a part of the FBI investigation that led to head coach Rick Pitino and athletic director Tom Jurich being placed on leave, interim President Greg Postel said Wednesday.

This:

The University of Louisville has suspended a men's basketball player indefinitely as a part of the FBI investigation that led to head coach Rick Pitino and athletic director Tom Jurich being placed on leave, interim President Greg Postel said Wednesday.
They're better off without them. If they stay the course of the previous years/scandals, and rode it out. They'd still be there.

With that said the assistant coach caught on a wire tap...poof. It's gone. UL can sigh relive that no more punishments are coming.

I'm pretty sure none of them are.

Eyeroll ...........................Eyeroll.............the people I @‘d will be bitter ITT tomorrow......Eyeroll

The only bitter UofL fan is probably zipp because he’ll use this as a reason why they should’ve never fired Pitino/Jurich.

Eyeroll ...........................Eyeroll.............the people I @‘d will be bitter ITT tomorrow......Eyeroll

The only bitter UofL fan is probably zipp because he’ll use this as a reason why they should’ve never fired Pitino/Jurich.
I think we're talking about two different angles.

They're better off without them. If they stay the course of the previous years/scandals, and rode it out. They'd still be there.

With that said the assistant coach caught on a wire tap...poof. It's gone. UL can sigh relive that no more punishments are coming.
Sure it helps them, for the long haul. Probably means no more penalties; possibly the death penalty. BUT....The FBI investigation led to Bowen being suspended, and eventually leading to him losing his college eligibility. It also led to the eventual firing of Pitino and Jurich. Had this ruling came about before hand, in all likelihood, Pitino is still at UL. Jurich as well. In other words, UL still was punished for what other schools are now gonna skate for.

This:

I mean I guess, but it isn’t like we aren’t happy with who replaced those two fellas and where we could be this year. I’m happy that it is unlikely we get any future punishments that would hurt teams who didn’t have anything to do with it. The coaches we have do not have any baggage either. We look clean as a whole and can actually be a family with who we have.

I mean I guess, but it isn’t like we aren’t happy with who replaced those two fellas and where we could be this year. I’m happy that it is unlikely we get any future punishments that would hurt teams who didn’t have anything to do with it. The coaches we have do not have any baggage either. We look clean as a whole and can actually be a family with who we have.
Agree. Its more of a "win" for UL. But still......I mean the FBI investigation ultimately led to the firing of a HOF coach....losing a player---that led to him losing his eligibilty....And of course, the loss of an AD that really brought most of UL's major sports to prominence.

If me, I'd be happy ....But also pissed.

Sigh of relief for college basketball fans.The NCAA is inept.

Live look at Emmert.

tenor.gif

He and the rest of the NCAA couldn't care less, this a weight off their shoulders by letting by gones be by gones, and they just collecting checks.
the NCAA is not inept, the courts just gave the NCAA the green weenie, the courts just ripped the guts out of anything the NCAA could have done.

this makes the courts the most hypocrital yet, they sit in judgement of parents paying to get their kids into colleges BUT turn their back on schools paying players to play for schools.

they had the PERFECT opportunity to give the NCAA real teeth to actually do something.

Louisville fans.......

source.gif

Arizona, Kansas, and the rest.......

tenor.gif

Man U ain’t lying and we were the only school to clean house after this ish broke.

I don’t totally even understand what this means, they can’t use any of the info that came from the trial that we as fans have access to? Isn’t any trial public record unless it involves a minor. You would think the fbi would wanna help the ncaa clean all this stuff up so they won’t have to waste their time on it and can concentrate on, you know, real criminals.

Reactions: I am stupid
This is funny b/c NCAA just made a rule change/amendment wtfever, about they will now allow outside investigation do their work for them. Everyone knew they were talking about the FBI. The FBI just said, nope,spend our own dime.

NCAA is a bunch of buffoons.
you can add in the FBI and this judge as well. as the judge just ripped the guts out of any RELIABLE proof.

this would have put more pressure on the NCAA to either put up or shut down. now they can sit back and say the FBI and courts covered up all the info. tying their hands, no proof = no punishment.

Laughing Bitter UL fans have to hate this news. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd wonder what they're saying about it on their boards.

You wouldn’t be bitter. We basically bit a bullet over 1300 dollars that Kenny johnson either did or didn’t give Bowen sr. (Probly did, Bowen sr stated he didn’t twice, then pulled a180 and said he did) The big $$$ came from adidas. Then coaches like wade get caught on wiretap talking about paying kids “the rookie minimum” and they are gonna skate.

But I guess if this means they can’t use any of that against us for future sanctions or punishments that’s a good thing, I hope.

NCAA at its finest. Hell they probly told the judge to do this so they wouldn’t have to go investigate 50 school and can sit on their asses and wait for their paycheck to roll in.

Last edited:
the NCAA is not inept, the courts just gave the NCAA the green weenie, the courts just ripped the guts out of anything the NCAA could have done.

this makes the courts the most hypocrital yet, they sit in judgement of parents paying to get their kids into colleges BUT turn their back on schools paying players to play for schools.

they had the PERFECT opportunity to give the NCAA real teeth to actually do something.

What the judge was essentially saying was the courts were not going to promote the words of proven liars and felons without any proof when the accused (schools / Coaches) can't defend themselves. Seems fair to me. The government investigated a lot of the schools. If there were wire taps or money laundering found, it would have been released.

What the judge was essentially saying was the courts were not going to promote the words of proven liars and felons without any proof when the accused (schools / Coaches) can't defend themselves. Seems fair to me. The government investigated a lot of the schools. If there were wire taps or money laundering found, it would have been released.
suppression of evidence is against the law at every level

otherwise the FBI is being covered as the most corrupt origanization in the US,

True--the NCAA is not inept. They're corrupt. Big difference.

Last edited:
True, the NCAA is not inept. They're corrupt. Big difference.
hmmm you have a warped view considering that the judge just took all the evidence away from them that they needed to do anything,

or do you want the NCAA go all Gestapo and punish team WITHOUT any proof?

hmmm you have a warped view considering that the judge just took all the evidence away from them that they needed to do anything,

or do you want the NCAA go all Gestapo and punish team WITHOUT any proof?

It's fairly obvious to anyone who uses common sense that the NCAA targets little schools while looking the other way at their cash cows.

It's fairly obvious to anyone who uses common sense that the NCAA targets little schools while looking the other way at their cash cows.
and the courts are now protecting the big fish better than the NCAA could ever do. by sealing all the evidence, no evidence no prosecution.

you are the one that is blind in this case.

suppression of evidence is against the law at every level

otherwise the FBI is being covered as the most corrupt origanization in the US,

What evidence? This isn't a trial. There was a trial and the court of law found that there was a lot of lies and speculation with no proof. This is hearsay. Did you even read it?

"We agree with the government that the information in these documents consist of hearsay, speculation and rumors. Furthermore, the individuals referred to in these documents are not standing trial...

"They will not have the opportunity to test the reliability of the information contained in these materials nor respond adequately to any inferences that might be drawn on the basis of this information."

Seems like a FOIA request should produce the evidence from the investigation, no? I'm not a lawyer so I'm probably wrong.

Either way, this is bullshit. Not surprising, but bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT