ADVERTISEMENT

Judge rules NCAA cannot use FBI Investigation Evidence

What evidence? This isn't a trial. There was a trial and the court of law found that there was a lot of lies and speculation with no proof. This is hearsay. Did you even read it?

"We agree with the government that the information in these documents consist of hearsay, speculation and rumors. Furthermore, the individuals referred to in these documents are not standing trial...

"They will not have the opportunity to test the reliability of the information contained in these materials nor respond adequately to any inferences that might be drawn on the basis of this information."
who said they were lies? you and are you saying the FBI MADE UP a bunch of LIE's? to what end?

What evidence? This isn't a trial. There was a trial and the court of law found that there was a lot of lies and speculation with no proof. This is hearsay. Did you even read it?

"We agree with the government that the information in these documents consist of hearsay, speculation and rumors. Furthermore, the individuals referred to in these documents are not standing trial...

"They will not have the opportunity to test the reliability of the information contained in these materials nor respond adequately to any inferences that might be drawn on the basis of this information."
you should/would have been a great defense attourney for Sandusky or were the lead lawyer for OJ?

to bad you were not there to defend Charles Manson he would have walked.

It was also reported yesterday that the same judge told Yahoo Sports parent company to kick rocks regarding their FOIA suit filed, so eat a dick Pat Forde and Pete Thamel.
Seems like a FOIA request should produce the evidence from the investigation, no? I'm not a lawyer so I'm probably wrong.

Either way, this is bullshit. Not surprising, but bullshit.

Reactions: olsonab
who said they were lies? you and are you saying the FBI MADE UP a bunch of LIE's? to what end?

Did you follow the Christian Dawkins trial at all? He was caught in multiple lies and revealed to be a con man. The court is basically saying that it's not fair to promote unverifiable ramblings of a known con artist just because Yahoo and ESPN is hungry for gossip. Now either you don't follow this very closely and aren't aware of any of the actual facts of the situation or you're just not very bright. Which one is it?

Reactions: HawksJ and KisteK
Did you follow the Christian Dawkins trial at all? He was caught in multiple lies and revealed to be a con man. The court is basically saying that it's not fair to promote unverifiable ramblings of a known con artist just because Yahoo and ESPN is hungry for gossip. Now either you don't follow this very closely and aren't aware of any of the actual facts of the situation or you're just not very bright. Which one is it?
you are truly amazing somebody has a different opinion is suddenly not very bright, I was/am looking at it from a legal stand point.

the NCAA has to rely on these types of people to investigate teams and yet the hypocrites come out of the woodwork claiming the NCAA is inept and call those same witnesses liars.

now who is in the wrong you for calling these witnesses liars that talked to the FBI that the NCAA also has to rely on to get the information to investigate those same teams.

you are truly amazing somebody has a different opinion is suddenly not very bright, I was/am looking at it from a legal stand point.

the NCAA has to rely on these types of people to investigate teams and yet the hypocrites come out of the woodwork claiming the NCAA is inept and call those same witnesses liars.

now who is in the wrong you for calling these witnesses liars that talked to the FBI that the NCAA also has to rely on to get the information to investigate those same teams.

The NCAA is inept. And after everything that went down, it appears the FBI is inept too. That doesn't change the fact that a Judge was in the right to say the US Government is not going to give a microphone to a known con artist and proven liar so he can smear others. This has been going on for two years. If there was a money trail or hard proof that Dawkins wasn't completely full of it, it would have gone public by now.

The NCAA is inept. And after everything that went down, it appears the FBI is inept too. That doesn't change the fact that a Judge was in the right to say the US Government is not going to give a microphone to a known con artist and proven liar so he can smear others. This has been going on for two years. If there was a money trail or hard proof that Dawkins wasn't completely full of it, it would have gone public by now.
if you say so. me I will wait till some more, even a judge can be over ruled that is why they still have appeal courts, especially in civil cases, I think you will find that the US Supreme Court will have the final say on the open records provided to the media, its been done before, someday the lower judges will refer to the Supreme Courts ruling reguarding trying to restrict access to this type of public domain information.

if you say so. me I will wait till some more, even a judge can be over ruled that is why they still have appeal courts, especially in civil cases, I think you will find that the US Supreme Court will have the final say on the open records provided to the media, its been done before, someday the lower judges will refer to the Supreme Courts ruling reguarding trying to restrict access to this type of public domain information.

Good luck with that buddy. I wish you the best in your noble fight

Good luck with that buddy. I wish you the best in your noble fight
not my fight, other lower judges have had rulings overturned by the Supreme Courts. that is what the Supreme Court is for MAKING THE FINAL RULING.

the statses all have a State Supreme court, that this type of matters have to get past,

not my fight, other lower judges have had rulings overturned by the Supreme Courts. that is what the Supreme Court is for MAKING THE FINAL RULING.

the statses all have a State Supreme court, that this type of matters have to get past,
The NCAA would be the one to file an appeal correct? I don't see that happening. That would required them working. I don't think they like to work.

They were a joke before the ongoing UNC scandal. (not shitting on UNC), but UNC exposed every stereotype/joke about the NCAA.

Reactions: DallasJayhawk
Well, lookit that....when you actually want his take, it’s not available.

C’mon...release the hound.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRTheCard
The NCAA would be the one to file an appeal correct? I don't see that happening. That would required them working. I don't think they like to work.

They were a joke before the ongoing UNC scandal. (not shitting on UNC), but UNC exposed every stereotype/joke about the NCAA.
Nope. MOF, aside from the schools/coaches involved, the NCAA is the happiest. THis ruling gives them an excuse not to move forward.

They ain't appealing SHIT.

Reactions: ExitFlagger

to be fair UNCHEATS exploited a loop hole and it saved their collective asses by making sure non athletes were part of those phony classes, of which nobody even attended.

but the NON athete being signed up for the classes stopped the NCAA in their tracks.

I have been aware of how selective in how they do things, I have in the stated that when a small school gets punished its to teach X-Elite school a lesson

don't know how some of you are but when SMU got the death penalty I stated they were given the DP to teach Texas and TA&M a lesson. both of those were just as dirty if not more so.

this has become the status quo so I have no Idea why its become such a hot topic.

According to Wetzel, this applies to sealed records and evidence not made public. If it was used or made public during the trial, then it will used. Looks like some coaches/ teams still have to sweat this one out.

not allowing FBI evidence will have some effect
the reality is that the NCAA knows who the guilty coaches are and will investigate from that point
so the fans that think their school is going to skate after the judge's decision are probably wrong

IMHO the only schools that will get punished are the ones that had coaches directly tied to pay-to-play

source.gif

The NCAA can pound sand.
The NCAA are crooks. PERIOD!

In fairness, it's entirely possible that his question about your intelligence was strictly based off of your love of Iowa and Fran?.

The ruling was correct. Now that part is over the NCAA should set new firm guidelines that will be strictly enforced and carry severe penalties. The plus is the clock has been reset, and the NCAA can now start fresh. Let's hope they can get it right this time. If not basketball should just be like the BCS was. Take the ball and let the schools profit from March Madness.

ADVERTISEMENT