ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Christopher commits

Kevin Bryan

Apr 30, 2011
to the fightin' Bobby Hurleys. The shocker is a classy touch. What happened to Michigan @hailtoyourvictor? I thought he was headed to Ann Arbor.
9617087.png

CV...
A lot of players want to stay close to home.
I don't ever buy that nonsense unless they actually stay close to home. Tempe is 400 miles from LA. He could fly home from anywhere in the US faster than he could drive back to LA. Besides, as busy as college basketball players are they don't ever have time to go home anyway. However, as I just learned, his brother plays for ASU too.

I don't ever buy that nonsense unless they actually stay close to home. Tempe is 400 miles from LA. He could fly home from anywhere in the US faster than he could drive back to LA. Besides, as busy as college basketball players are they don't ever have time to go home anyway.

His brother is there as well.

Things have changed due to CV. Players are more inclined to stay closer to home.

Eh, I don't think corona has much to do with it.
Idk about that. If it weren't for CV, Cliff Omoruyi might be going to ASU too. His guardian said it was a major deciding factor in staying home

He will destroy the pac 12. In the big 10 he would look average due to the fact that we play defense. Probably a smart decision on his part.
Heck, I thought Jaden McDaniels and Isaiah Stewart were going to dominate the PAC last season, but that team was terrible.

I think Bobby Hurley is a better coach than Mike Hopkins, so maybe that was the issue.

Imo it’s a lot easier to win in college with studs guards and a blehhh frontcourt than a stud frontcourt and blehhhhh guards. Washington had the latter, and while some games they looked good some games they looked awful, especially after Quade got suspended.

I don’t know much about Hopkins except he used to be at cuse and is a good recruiter, it might just be a Washington thing lol, Romar annually underachieved with super talented players.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
supposedly he told the Michigan coaching staff this morning that he was coming to Michigan.

Yikes.

I really hope that isn’t true. But after the “new and improved Top 5” ordeal, I wouldn’t completely rule it out.

IG era has messed kids’ heads up.

Reactions: blue_in_chicago
Makes sense why UK got the hell out of both these races...

Howard just too naive

Howard swinging for the fences and that really isn’t the route he should be going. Michigan success has been built the last decade on guys outside of the top 25 signing and improving and finding diamonds in the rough.

Reactions: JRMSU
They bowed out on Jalen Green too. For some reason I think they'll be ok with Boston and Clarke though.

Yeah, we took ourselves out of the Jalen Green circus too.

As for Christopher, I think it's because of his brother. Just like Cade Cunningham is going to Okie State for his dad, and the Mobley's are at USC because of their dad.

Yeah, we took ourselves out of the Jalen Green circus too.

As for Christopher, I think it's because of his brother. Just like Cade Cunningham is going to Okie State for his dad, and the Mobley's are at USC because of their dad.
Yes, I just realized last night after posting that Christopher's brother plays for ASU too. He's a 2* recruit that played VERY sparingly this past season. I am assuming Hurley only took him to get in good with Josh. As for Cade, his older brother is on the OSU staff, and he's not doing himself any favors by going to OSU. Luckily for him, he's good enough to go #1 in the draft regardless of the scrubs he'll be surrounded by in Stillwater. I have a sneaking suspicion that his bro will no longer be on staff after next season either.

Reactions: GE Nole
Yes, I just realized last night after posting that Christopher's brother plays for ASU too. He's a 2* recruit that played VERY sparingly this past season. I am assuming Hurley only took him to get in good with Josh. As for Cade, his older brother is on the OSU staff, and he's not doing himself any favors by going to OSU. Luckily for him, he's good enough to go #1 in the draft regardless of the scrubs he'll be surrounded by in Stillwater. I have a sneaking suspicion that his bro will no longer be on staff after next season either.

To be fair, Pokes are bringing in three four star recruits as well- although to be fair, odds are none pick OSU if not for Cade...

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
To be fair, Pokes are bringing in three four star recruits as well- although to be fair, odds are none pick OSU if not for Cade...
None of those guys are top 100 though, and Boynton hasn't proven he can coach to this point.

Right, I meant older brother for Cade when I said that. One of the highest paid assistants in the Big 12 with virtually no experience. And Mobley's dad was hired at USC, similarly with little experience.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Right, I meant older brother for Cade when I said that. One of the highest paid assistants in the Big 12 with virtually no experience. And Mobley's dad was hired at USC, similarly with little experience.

Wonder how long that's been going on for- didn't Larry Brown hire Danny Manning's dad back in the 80s?

It's essentially approved cheating. Tons of coaches have done it though and it's not against the rules, so more power to them. Instead of paying the player, you're just paying the relative to take a job title (likely no actual work) for something they aren't qualified for.

Oh yeah, it’s been going on a long time. Not saying it’s against the rules. Just pointing it out that some coaches are just smart enough to end the chase.

Idk about that. If it weren't for CV, Cliff Omoruyi might be going to ASU too. His guardian said it was a major deciding factor in staying home
In Cliff's case, that must be true. Why else would anyone willingly commit to Rutgers? Laughing

All coaches have one. Florida St most likely has someone on staff with connections to AAU teams.

Of course FSU does. His name is Charlton “CY” Young. I’m not sure what your point is. The conversation you came into wasn’t calling foul play. It was saying why Hamilton and Calipari were smart enough to move on from a couple guys, unlike Juwan Howard.

Of course FSU does. His name is Charlton “CY” Young. I’m not sure what your point is. The conversation you came into wasn’t calling foul play. It was saying why Hamilton and Calipari were smart enough to move on from a couple guys, unlike Juwan Howard.

Who said it was foul play?

I think people are trying to make a deal out of nothing.
Regarding Howard. I guess he was supposed to be the guy for Michigan recruiting but I haven't seen it yet.

Who said it was foul play?

I think people are trying to make a deal out of nothing.
Regarding Howard. I guess he was supposed to be the guy for Michigan recruiting but I haven't seen it yet.

No one is making a big deal out of anything. That’s the point you’re missing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT