ADVERTISEMENT

its starting Patrick McCaffery is starting to drop

why am I not surprised, the blue bloods are not offering because he has committed to play for his father, [big surprise there]
no blue blood offer = no justification for having rated very high.
already led his 3 on 3 team to the National USA Championship and was named the MVP. yeah a real good reason to start dropping him.
Do you take everything this hard?

Reactions: SloppyHopkins
playing with highly rated players attracts other Highly rated players.

in a way yes the low ratings hurt the players when it comes to preseason and post season pub. this is what attracts or runs players off.

I was thinking maybe it was all the years of not winning big games under Francis.

I was thinking maybe it was all the years of not winning big games under Francis.
Lets look at this Fran has a winning record vs Painter and until this year he had not lost to Beilein since 2013 and had not been swept since the 2010-11 season

as far as the NCAAT Iowa was a 7 seed and lost in the 2nd round to the #2 seed in Gonzaga the 1st time then lost to the #2 seed Villanova who won the National Championship. since when did losing to the #2 seed in the NCAAT a bad loss?

and his name is Fran you asshole.

Lets look at this Fran has a winning record vs Painter and until this year he had not lost to Beilein since 2013 and had not been swept since the 2010-11 season

as far as the NCAAT Iowa was a 7 seed and lost in the 2nd round to the #2 seed in Gonzaga the 1st time then lost to the #2 seed Villanova who won the National Championship. since when did losing to the #2 seed in the NCAAT a bad loss?

So no actual big wins in all of that non-sense? A few regular season wins for middle of the pack finishes and some not bad losses?

expecting top 5 finishes are getting better and are far more reasonable expectations. getting 4* talent by ESPN, Rivals and 247 improves the odds.[/QUOTE]
Would you have an issue with telling me your age?

expecting top 5 finishes are getting better and are far more reasonable expectations. getting 4* talent by ESPN, Rivals and 247 improves the odds.
Would you have an issue with telling me your age?[/QUOTE]
mid to late 60's and I have lived thru all 3 FF's and have seen far worse coaching than what Fran has done, with better talent.

with age you get a better understanding of what it takes to win, teams go up as a another team falls back. this has been going on for decades.

no reason to think its going to change.

Iowa and Fran didn't run anyone off that committed to them. Good recruits just don't want any part of that combination.
then why did 4*PF Cook come to Iowa, or 4* Garza from the DC area.
Nunge the runnerup in the Indiana Mr. BB and 2 time 1st team All state in the largest classification.
Fleming came from Oak Hill and was a 2 time Tennessee Mr. BB in his class.

why do you make up lies as you go along with your out right hatred.

with age you get a better understanding of what it takes to win, teams go up as a another team falls back. this has been going on for decades.

no reason to think its going to change.
The age factor depends on the school you are supporting as a fan!

Nunge the runnerup in the Indiana Mr. BB and 2 time 1st team All state in the largest classification.

Nobody in Indiana wanted Nunge.

Your question was just moving the goalposts, and boiler1987 is right. Indiana, Purdue, and Notre Dame did not offer Nunge. I'm not sure if Butler did or not.

Feel free to quote my posts when I respond to him since he blocked me haha.

And nope Butler didn’t either. But Ball State and Evansville did!

Your question was just moving the goalposts, and boiler1987 is right. Indiana, Purdue, and Notre Dame did not offer Nunge. I'm not sure if Butler did or not.
that was their mistake. must be nice to ignore a kid that was a 2 time 1st teamer in Indiana's largest class,

this reminds me of when Fran got White out of Ohio the same comment were said about him then it turned into WTF AND HTF did this kid not get a offer.

Garza had these for offers
Alabama
Georgetown
Georgia
Indiana
UL money U
Navy
Nebraska
NW
ND
PSU
Pitt
South Carolina
Virginia Tech
and a total of 28 offers
and yet he chose Fran of Iowa. considering the level of offers he should have been at least a top 50 level recruit.

these were Nunge's offers
Ball State
Clemson
Creighton
Evansville

but the thing is when he commited to Fran he was only 6'8 max, then he grew 4+ inches his SR year, Nunge will be looked upon as a steal,

these were Nunge's offers
Ball State
Clemson
Creighton
Evansville

but the thing is when he commited to Fran he was only 6'8 max, then he grew 4+ inches his SR year, Nunge will be looked upon as a steal,

No he won’t. I don’t think any of the Indiana schools are kicking themselves for not offering Nunge. Role player at best.

why am I not surprised, the blue bloods are not offering because he has committed to play for his father, [big surprise there]
no blue blood offer = no justification for having rated very high.
already led his 3 on 3 team to the National USA Championship and was named the MVP. yeah a real good reason to start dropping him.

Um, what?

Wait, I realized this was an Iowa thread.

I don't hate Iowa at all. You guys are just the definition of mediocre. Maybe not even that.

Nunge was not heavily recruited at all, and I would not trade a single player on IU for him. Not one.

Literally the only player I'm semi-impressed with is Cook. Garzas trash and I only know his name because IU dabbled with him when he was younger. Never even heard of "Fleming".

Last edited:
I don't hate Iowa at all. You guys are just the definition of mediocre. Maybe not even that.

Nunge was not heavily recruited at all, and I would not trade a single player on IU for him. Not one.

Literally the only player I'm semi-impressed with is Cook. Garzas trash and I only know his name because IU dabbled with him when he was younger. Never even heard of "Fleming".
Nobody was interested in Nunge because of his height, he was 6'7/8 when he committed to Fran, when he signed he was in a growth spurt. big difference between where he was and where he is now @ 7'0

yeah way to trash Garza DC Gatorade POY and MVP of the last 3 post season games. keep telling yourself that Garza is trash after being selected to The BT All FR Team.

to think Garza, Cook and Bohannon were all selected to the BT All FR Team, just like these
Basabe
White who ended up 1st Team All BT as a SR
to think Fran now has 2 maybe 3 BT FR Teamers to use.

Nobody was interested in Nunge because of his height, he was 6'7/8 when he committed to Fran, when he signed he was in a growth spurt. big difference between where he was and where he is now @ 7'0

yeah way to trash Garza DC Gatorade POY and MVP of the last 3 post season games. keep telling yourself that Garza is trash after being selected to The BT All FR Team.

to think Garza, Cook and Bohannon were all selected to the BT All FR Team, just like these
Basabe
White who ended up 1st Team All BT as a SR
to think Fran now has 2 maybe 3 BT FR Teamers to use.
Would not want a single player from Iowa on the IU squad, other than MAYBE cook. Zero. Mediocre.

And stop wasting your time listing random high school accolades. I don't GAF.

Would not want a single player from Iowa on the IU squad, other than MAYBE cook. Zero. Mediocre.

And stop wasting your time listing random high school accolades. I don't GAF.
I'd take Cook in a heartbeat. Real solid player. Just needs to improve his shot and he'll be great.

Cook did extend his range to 15' now for the NBA he needs to extend it out past the arc and improve his aggressiveness on rebounding.

3 on 3? Basketball is 5 on 5, who cares about 3 on 3 results, that means nothing. I'm sure the Professor, Bone Collector, and Hot Sauce won multiple 3 on 3 contest, probably more than any NBA players. Guess we should rank them higher on the Top 50 NBA players of all time.

so what Fran got mad at his players and slammed the chair in front of them to get their attention. better to get his players attention, today's officials are a bunch of thinned skinned pussies with a hair trigger on their whistle with T's. that include calling dbl fouls when they screw up a call on the players.
Blaming the Officials in the offseason? New low

Connor proved his ability in the NBPA Top 100 camp and Nike Top 100 camp and on the AAU circuit against the best the AAU has to offer.
Wieskamp was rated a Top 10 player by the NBPA people and the Nike people at their top 100 camp rated him the 3rd best SF,

then at the Adidas end of season champhionship was named 1 of the top 8 players in the country.
Where does it say any of this? Being named an Allstar doesn't mean your one of the top 10 players.

Are you just making this up? Is this like when you claimed Iowa lost a Championship in 1956 because they hadn't invented goaltending yet? Then you claimed the NCAA implemented "Goal Tending Rule" in 1957 because of how Iowa got screwed in 56?

Or is this like how you claimed BJ Armstrong lead all those 90s Bulls teams to their championships?

3 on 3? Basketball is 5 on 5, who cares about 3 on 3 results, that means nothing. I'm sure the Professor, Bone Collector, and Hot Sauce won multiple 3 on 3 contest, probably more than any NBA players. Guess we should rank them higher on the Top 50 NBA players of all time.

Blaming the Officials in the offseason? New low

Where does it say any of this? Being named an Allstar doesn't mean your one of the top 10 players.

Are you just making this up? Is this like when you claimed Iowa lost a Championship in 1956 because they hadn't invented goaltending yet? Then you claimed the NCAA implemented "Goal Tending Rule" in 1957 because of how Iowa got screwed in 56?

Or is this like how you claimed BJ Armstrong lead all those 90s Bulls teams to their championships?
WTF are you even talking about.
Connor was invited to both the NBPA and Nike top 100 camps and competed all summer in the AAU events against some of the best the nations in his age group. this was put out by mods of Hawkeye Report, Hawk Central, Hawkeye Insider and Hawkeye Nation, rules prevent me from [if I even could] post a link to other sites.

Hawkeyesports also lists the complete BIO of each player both FB and BB. so everything I post about a player is easily verified.

Garza competed against some of the best from NJ and in the Palm Beach Classic held in Florida where they hold a invitation only tourney for out of state schools just like there are BB Tournies held for Colleges where they too name MVP's.

these are not run of the mill games just like the Naming of MVP are not kindergarten handouts.

Connor was invited to both the NBPA and Nike top 100 camps and competed all summer in the AAU events against some of the best the nations in his age group. this was put out by mods of Hawkeye Report, Hawk Central, Hawkeye Insider and Hawkeye Nation, rules prevent me from [if I even could] post a link to other sites.

Hawkeyesports also lists the complete BIO of each player both FB and BB. so everything I post about a player is easily verified.

Garza competed against some of the best from NJ and in the Palm Beach Classic held in Florida where they hold a invitation only tourney for out of state schools just like there are BB Tournies held for Colleges where they too name MVP's.

these are not run of the mill games just like the Naming of MVP are not kindergarten handouts.
Dude no one agrees with you. Not even your fellow hawkeye fans. Let's just wait to see if this incredible run happens by Iowa or not. I'd bet the house on "not".

I'm not arguing that he wasn't invited and didn't go. You said he was rated a Top 10 player there and said another one said he was the 3rd best SF. I am asking where you got that information.

Tried googling it and the internet found zero results for Wieskamp being a Top 10 player and Zero results for Wieskamp being the 3rd best SF. I'm just wanting to know where you saw that.

Also stop moving the goalposts, I said nothing about Garza and I dont want to know anything about an average major D1 player. I was interested in the top 10 player in HS. I guess anything less than Wieskamp being all American and projected lottery pick after his freshman year, Fran would be a terrible coach and screwed over his future?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT