its starting Patrick McCaffery is starting to drop

same ol same ol that's a load of Bull Shit,
12-13 season with 3 FR starters 9-9 6th alone
13-14 season with 3 SO starters 9-9 6th alone
14-15 season with 3 JR starters 12-6 T-3rd
15-16 season with 3 SR starters 12-6 T-3rd
16-17 season with 4 FR 10-8 t-5th
17-18 seasons 3 SO and 2 FR 4-14 12th
18-19 Season 3 JR and 1 SO and 1 FR season to be determined, only someone would that is brain dead at best would claim same ol same ol
Yeah not much has changed,It's still same ole Iowa hanging onto 3rd,5th,and12th place,well done.

why should they.
You don't think the announcers should point out a major ailment affecting a key player when his team gets spanked by 20 points in the title game? I would think they'd be obligated to report that.

There is no point in arguing with nitewing at all. The guy thinks JJJ and Garza deserve to be ranked around the same. He dropped 3 spots. Who cares?

I feel like some Iowa fan is saying stuff like this every offseason and then the season starts and they are still Iowa.

Their home board is comedy gold. Great silly season reading.

You don't think the announcers should point out a major ailment affecting a key player when his team gets spanked by 20 points in the title game? I would think they'd be obligated to report that.
no they are not obligated as Connor was a FR and at the time a SG in Ellingson was the backup PG learning how to be the primary backup. and what game was this? because it sure wasn't ISU.

no they are not obligated as Connor was a FR and at the time a SG in Ellingson was the backup PG learning how to be the primary backup. and what game was this? because it sure wasn't ISU.
Just so we're clear about what's being discussed here. You started a thread kvetching about Patrick McCaffery being lowered in the rankings and I responded by saying that his lackluster performance in the title game where his team got smoked might have had something to do with it. Not sure why Connor's name has been brought up.

Reactions: KisteK
same ol same ol that's a load of Bull Shit,
12-13 season with 3 FR starters 9-9 6th alone
13-14 season with 3 SO starters 9-9 6th alone
14-15 season with 3 JR starters 12-6 T-3rd
15-16 season with 3 SR starters 12-6 T-3rd
16-17 season with 4 FR 10-8 t-5th
17-18 seasons 3 SO and 2 FR 4-14 12th
18-19 Season 3 JR and 1 SO and 1 FR season to be determined, only someone would that is brain dead at best would claim same ol same ol
Is this supposed to be impressive?

Reactions: SloppyHopkins
Is this supposed to be impressive?
it is after the 11 years before Fran took over. just 1 NCAAT win in 3 trips with the last 3 seasons going like this
6-12 13-19
5-13 15-16
4-14 10-22 the worst season in the history of Iowa Men BB
after Fran took over with limited talent did this
4-14 11-20
8-10 18-17
9-9 25-13
9-9 20-13
12-6 22-12
12-6 22-11
10-8 19-17
4-14 14-19
now the talent has gone from 2 4* players to 6 4* players by ESPN and 4 4* players by Rivals. in Fran's 1st 6 seasons he has taken this program to 3 straight NCAAT with 2 wins.

so compared to what Iowa was like before Fran took over is impressive, then there is the fact that he developed 4 3* players into 1st Team All BT players in 4 straight seasons. and a 2nd Team AA.

it is after the 11 years before Fran took over. just 1 NCAAT win in 3 trips with the last 3 seasons going like this
6-12 13-19
5-13 15-16
4-14 10-22 the worst season in the history of Iowa Men BB
after Fran took over with limited talent did this
4-14 11-20
8-10 18-17
9-9 25-13
9-9 20-13
12-6 22-12
12-6 22-11
10-8 19-17
4-14 14-19
now the talent has gone from 2 4* players to 6 4* players by ESPN and 4 4* players by Rivals. in Fran's 1st 6 seasons he has taken this program to 3 straight NCAAT with 2 wins.

so compared to what Iowa was like before Fran took over is impressive, then there is the fact that he developed 4 3* players into 1st Team All BT players in 4 straight seasons. and a 2nd Team AA.

Iowa is the definition of mediocrity when it comes to basketball.

Fran doesn’t have it in him to win 5-6 games in a row to win a postseason tournament. His mediocre coaching and temper always get in the way

Reactions: Herkster5
Fran doesn’t have it in him to win 5-6 games in a row to win a postseason tournament. His mediocre coaching and temper always get in the way
we shall see. and you are clearly not old enough to remember Bob Knight or Geane Keady when they blew up. Knight threw a chair 3/4 courts after a tirade at a official or Keady ripping his coat and tie off and throwing them on the floor after ripping a official.

temper you don't know the meaning of the word, Fran hasn't come close to those 2 in throwing a temper tantrum.

after Knight threw that chair the Indiana people chained them in place so he could not throw another one.
so what Fran got mad at his players and slammed the chair in front of them to get their attention. better to get his players attention, today's officials are a bunch of thinned skinned pussies with a hair trigger on their whistle with T's. that include calling dbl fouls when they screw up a call on the players.

we shall see. and you are clearly not old enough to remember Bob Knight or Geane Keady when they blew up. Knight threw a chair 3/4 courts after a tirade at a official or Keady ripping his coat and tie off and throwing them on the floor after ripping a official.

temper you don't know the meaning of the word, Fran hasn't come close to those 2 in throwing a temper tantrum.

after Knight threw that chair the Indiana people chained them in place so he could not throw another one.
so what Fran got mad at his players and slammed the chair in front of them to get their attention. better to get his players attention, today's officials are a bunch of thinned skinned pussies with a hair trigger on their whistle with T's. that include calling dbl fouls when they screw up a call on the players.

Its Gene...and I can guarandamntee I know more about each of them than you do.

Fran has a fake "hold me back" Dude sucks and is a child. I am sure I just edited this gif to make it look like Fran bumped an official.

fran-mccaffery-bumps-ref-and-is-ejected-o.gif

Reactions: SloppyHopkins

Fran has a fake "hold me back" Dude sucks and is a child. I am sure I just edited this gif to make it look like Fran bumped an official.

I have seen far worse and I doubt you know much about either.

why don't you post that clip of Knight throwing that chair 3/4 court. or Keady ripping his coat and tie off and slamming them to the floor.

I have seen coaches chase Refs off the court yelling and screaming every step of the way.

why don't you post that clip of Knight throwing that chair 3/4 court. or Keady ripping his coat and tie off and slamming them to the floor.

I have seen coaches chase Refs off the court yelling and screaming every step of the way.

Your wish is my command... and it was probably 1/8 of the floor, but you don't like facts.

Indiana-University-Head-Coach-Bob-Knight-Throws-Chair-On-Court.gif

It's been posted but Fran just rushes himself 3/4 of the way across court. No need for a chair after that.

You see Patrick? or Conner two basketball rotations ago?
I've seen a couple of Iowa state finals seasons. For some reason, they air it in the Chicago area. Maybe I'm just being a homer, but I find the quality of play way below that of Illinois. I wish the Chicago area would telecast the Indiana finals so I could see some elite players. However, in regard to Patrick, as the saying goes, he could be on a poster for famine relief.

Reactions: KisteK
I've seen a couple of Iowa state finals seasons. For some reason, they air it in the Chicago area. Maybe I'm just being a homer, but I find the quality of play way below that of Illinois. I wish the Chicago area would telecast the Indiana finals so I could see some elite players. However, in regard to Patrick, as the saying goes, he could be on a poster for famine relief.
Connor proved his ability in the NBPA Top 100 camp and Nike Top 100 camp and on the AAU circuit against the best the AAU has to offer.
Wieskamp was rated a Top 10 player by the NBPA people and the Nike people at their top 100 camp rated him the 3rd best SF,

then at the Adidas end of season champhionship was named 1 of the top 8 players in the country.

these Iowa kids go up against and play with the best in the country,

Patrick will be playing with 5* PF Hurt and now just rated a 4* PG Terry on the D1 Minnesota AAU team

Connor proved his ability in the NBPA Top 100 camp and Nike Top 100 camp and on the AAU circuit against the best the AAU has to offer.
Wieskamp was rated a Top 10 player by the NBPA people and the Nike people at their top 100 camp rated him the 3rd best SF,

then at the Adidas end of season champhionship was named 1 of the top 8 players in the country.

these Iowa kids go up against and play with the best in the country,

Patrick will be playing with 5* PF Hurt and now just rated a 4* PG Terry on the D1 Minnesota AAU team
Just to net this out, can we now look forward to a string of Iowa Big Ten titles? I'd have no objection to that.

Just to net this out, can we now look forward to a string of Iowa Big Ten titles? I'd have no objection to that.
expecting a string of top 5 finishes and a string of winning 1st round NCAAT with a occasional Elite 8's,

the BT has to many good teams to constantly win the Conference championships, reaching the FF and winning it all takes a special run and getting on a roll at the end.

I am not some delusional moronic fan that thinks that Iowa can win BT Championships or National Championships on a every year basis.

expecting a string of top 5 finishes and a string of winning 1st round NCAAT with a occasional Elite 8's,

the BT has to many good teams to constantly win the Conference championships, reaching the FF and winning it all takes a special run and getting on a roll at the end.

I am not some delusional moronic fan that thinks that Iowa can win BT Championships or National Championships on a every year basis.
Good luck. I'm just hoping Illinois starts improving. Being in the Big Ten state that has the best most talent, they should kick butt.

Last edited:
I am not some delusional moronic fan that thinks that Iowa can win BT Championships or National Championships on a every year basis.[/QUOTE]
Hmmmmm that is good stuff keep believing.

Good luck. I'm just hoping Illinois starts improving. Being in the Big Ten state that has the best most talent. They should kick butt.
to msg board hawk fans have this unrealistic expectations of BT and National championships both in FB and BB and its fire the coach and then hope [or in their eyes the next coach] will produce these yearly championships that in their view is their God given right to have.

this Happened to Dr. Tom. 9-0 1st round NCAAT and 2 sweet 16's and 1 Elite 8 finish, the year he was run off he had a 3rd place finish after finishing the prior year with a 2nd place BT finish. that last year Iowa made the sweet 16 and then lost to UConn the eventual National Champion in the game where the winner would have gone to the Elite 8.

the state of Iowa just not produce enough highly rated recruits like the state of Illinois or the state of Indian or even Wisconsin. to sustain a winning program, it does not matter who the coach was/is they all have to bring in talent from other states to win,

Lute went into Ohio and Illinois to get top talent then fill in with players like Lorenson, Hanson,
Ravelling went into Michigan to get Armstrong and Marble SR and into Illinois to get Horton and JUCO Gamble.
Davis went into Ohio to be McDonald AA Kingsbury and Michigan to get McDonald AA Murray then he went into Illinois to get his top rated players.

Fran is going into DC, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio to get the higher rated players,

yes the State of Iowa produces talent but it is only 1 maybe 2 per year and even then its a fight to keep the best to stay home.

Hmmmmm that is good stuff keep believing.[/QUOTE]
expecting top 5 finishes are getting better and are far more reasonable expectations. getting 4* talent by ESPN, Rivals and 247 improves the odds.

Prepare to be disappointed

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
ADVERTISEMENT