ADVERTISEMENT

its starting Patrick McCaffery is starting to drop

nitewing

Sep 19, 2017
why am I not surprised, the blue bloods are not offering because he has committed to play for his father, [big surprise there]
no blue blood offer = no justification for having rated very high.
already led his 3 on 3 team to the National USA Championship and was named the MVP. yeah a real good reason to start dropping him.

Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore
Maybe its because he has a mediocre coach as a father? They know the skills he is being taught are subpar.

Plus I hear he is a chip off the old block with his temper.

why am I not surprised, the blue bloods are not offering because he has committed to play for his father, [big surprise there]
no blue blood offer = no justification for having rated very high.
already led his 3 on 3 team to the National USA Championship and was named the MVP. yeah a real good reason to start dropping him.
I think there is a conspiracy to stop Iowa from continuing to dominate the BIG 10 and winning several NCAA championships in a row.

Maybe its because he has a mediocre coach as a father? They know the skills he is being taught are subpar.

He dropped by like 3. And there isn’t a player that went in front of him I don’t agree with. I think 34 is a good spot for him. Somewhere in the 40’s- 30’s.

You can’t start a thread about a player dropping by 3.

Reactions: tw3301

EVERY YEAR EVERY Iowa commit gets dropped in the ratings this has nothing to do with Fran being their father,

Wieskamp had these for accomplishments
2nd player in the history of Iowa HS BB to be named the Gatorade POY as a JR and SR and be named the Iowa Mr. BB as a SR. the only other player was 5* Harrison Barnes who went to UNCheats.
led his team to the Adidas Guantlet Championship
in June
then led his short handed AAU team to the end of summer Championships FF
was a top 10 player in the NBPA Top 100
#3 SF at the Nike Top 100
Top 8 Player of all the AAU summer circuit after the Championships in July.
was selected to be at the top14 Adidas skills camp
and the best he could get was a #41 rating,

why because he committed to Iowa.
Connor started out in the top 50 and dropped out of the top 100.

He dropped by like 3. And there isn’t a player that went in front of him I don’t agree with. I think 34 is a good spot for him. Somewhere in the 40’s- 30’s.

You can’t start a thread about a player dropping by 3.
this happens every year to every recruit that commits to Iowa, Patrick has done more to move up rather than down. being named the MVP of the 3 on 3 National HS Championship after leading his team to winning that championship.

as I posted its starting all over again another Iowa commit is starting to drop when he has done nothing to deserve to be dropped but in Fact has done everything to move up.

I think there is a conspiracy to stop Iowa from continuing to dominate the BIG 10 and winning several NCAA championships in a row.
no its a totally bias against Iowa commits and the results of this current recruiting are going to be better than most of you don't to see happen.

giphy.gif

this happens every year to every recruit that commits to Iowa, Patrick has done more to move up rather than down. being named the MVP of the 3 on 3 National HS Championship after leading his team to winning that championship.
Every single other player does things too. It’s not like it’s just him. Who cares about recruiting rankings anyway? Let him prove whether or not he is better once he starts playing, so then you can say I told you so or not rather than arguing if he will be good or not. It doesn’t matter

Reactions: tw3301 and KisteK
The key point is that he committed to Iowa,that drug him down significantly.

Recruiting rankings are always incorrect about Iowa players. As evidenced by their continued domination of the B1G...

Wait none of that makes sense.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Bohannon is a prime example of being grossly under rated as a unranked 3* player,
FR season 1 of just 2 FR in the precious 25 years to have 175 assists and 85+ made 3's
SO season only player regardless of class or postion in the previous 25 years to post back to back seasons of 175+ assists and 85+ made 3's.,

unranked 3* players don't do that. to think in Bohannon SO season he played with a foot injury called Planteria Facilous [disclaimer on spelling] and as it was described to me by my Doctor. its like having a knife shoved into the bottom of your foot.

Bohannon is a prime example of being grossly under rated as a unranked 3* player,
FR season 1 of just 2 FR in the precious 25 years to have 175 assists and 85+ made 3's
SO season only player regardless of class or postion in the previous 25 years to post back to back seasons of 175+ assists and 85+ made 3's.,

unranked 3* players don't do that. to think in Bohannon SO season he played with a foot injury called Planteria Facilous [disclaimer on spelling] and as it was described to me by my Doctor. its like having a knife shoved into the bottom of your foot.

The two teams he has played for have a combined record of 33-34. Someone has to be the least sucky of all of the players.

Recruiting rankings are always incorrect about Iowa players. As evidenced by their continued domination of the B1G...

these are just the current recruits
Connor has not Played
Garza a outside the top 100 4* as a FR
21.7 MPG 12.1 ppg 2nd on the team in rebounds with 211 compared to JJJ
21.8 MPG 10.9 ppg 203 total rebounds

ESPN rated him a top 100 4* player. and yet it was JJJ that got all the pub just because he played for MSU and was rated a 5*.

these are just the current recruits
Connor has not Played
Garza a outside the top 100 4* as a FR
21.7 MPG 12.1 ppg 2nd on the team in rebounds with 211 compared to JJJ
21.8 MPG 10.9 ppg 203 total rebounds

ESPN rated him a top 100 4* player. and yet it was JJJ that got all the pub just because he played for MSU and was rated a 5*.

Maybe because JJJ put up those numbers for a much, much better team?

tenor.gif

The two teams he has played for have a combined record of 33-34. Someone has to be the least sucky of all of the players.
yeah they are young as young as being the 16th youngest team out of 350 D1 teams, and the 17-18 team played short handed all season with these playing out of position
7'0 Nunge playing/starting at the SF position
SF 6'7 Dailey who only played in 12 games as a FR had to learn how to play the PG position
6'5 Moss moved to the SG position from the SF position
last seasons team had no Senior leadership or a solid 5th starter.

this season all that changes
PG/1 JR 6'0 Bohannon backup RSFR 6'5 Connor
SG/2 RSJR 6'5 Moss backup JR 6'7 Dailey
SF/3 FR Wieskamp backup RSSR 6'7 Baer who as a RSSO was the BT's 6th MOY, he will go back to being the 6th man again
PF/4 JR 6'9 Cook backup JR 6'8 Pemsl
C/5 SO 6'11 Garza backup SO 7'0 Nunge

off the bench
4/5 JR 6'9 Kriener
1-2-3 FR 6'4 Fredrick

the ability to have solid backups at all 5 position to go with 5 solid and experienced starters, will be huge,

they return 97% of their scoring, rebounding, assists and 100% of the steals and blocks that were recorded,
Garza and Nunge were #1 and #2 in blocked shots with Nunge being #3 in steals in a avg of just 15.7 mpg as well as being 5th on the team in scoring.

these are future players
incoming FR Wieskamp
RSFR Connor McCaffery
2019 Recruit Patrick McCaffery

kinda hard for them to dominate since they have not even played
4* Cook was rated the 38th best player by ESPN and yet the best he could get was a rating of 74 by Rivals and all he has done is this.
FR 2nd in scoring behind Joks 19.9 ppg
SO led the team in scoring @15.3 ppg and rebounding @ 6.8 rpg total of 224 rebounds

My favorite part of this particular conspiracy theory is that Bossi and Evans would rank Angry Fran, Jr. highly to start while apparently not having any inkling that he would end up playing for his father.

But then coming around to that realization that better programs may not offer him a scholarship six months after he committed to his father's program - and subsequently dropping his ranking.

giphy.gif

to put this into perspective which makes some of you look like total morons,

these were developed into 1st Team All BT unranked 3* Marble
unranked 3* White
3* by Rival 4* by ESPN Iowa Mr. BB Uthoff
Unranked 3* Iowa Mr. BB Jok
Uthoff also ended up a 2nd Team AA developed br Fran,
Jok as a SO only avg'd 7 ppg as a SO then as a JUNIOR avg'd 16 ppg on a team with just 2 players in DBL Digit scoring.
Uthoff as a RSSO avg'd 7.6 ppg on a team that only had 2 players in DBL in scoring
then as a RSJR AVG'd 12.4 ppg on a team with just 2 players in dbl digits
Cook has scored in dbl digits on teams with 3 dbl digit scorer as a FR then 4 dbl digit scorers as a SO

unranked 3* White
Jok as a SO only avg'd 7 ppg as a SO then as a JUNIOR avg'd 16 ppg on a team with just 2 players in DBL Digit scoring.
Uthoff as a RSSO avg'd 7.6 ppg on a team that only had 2 players in DBL in scoring
Cook has scored in dbl digits on teams with 3 dbl digit scorer as a FR then 4 dbl digit scorers as a SO

So fvcking out

My favorite part of this particular conspiracy theory is that Bossi and Evans would rank Angry Fran, Jr. highly to start while apparently not having any inkling that he would end up playing for his father.

But then coming around to that realization that better programs may not offer him a scholarship six months after he committed to his father's program - and subsequently dropping his ranking.

giphy.gif
its has been posted on numerous sites that they would play for their father, it was just a matter of when they both would commit.

now as a coach of a opposing school would you bother wasting your time and money recruiting a kid that it is a given that they will play for their Father,

Wieskamp committed to Iowa as a SO. again why waste your time and money recruiting somebody that committed as a SO to the Home state school?

I saw McCaffery in the Iowa State title game and he was listless. He's rail thin and doesn't have any bounce or explosion.
the Connor McCaffery who suffered a ankle sprain or the Connor that had Mono which put him into the hospital that caused him to lose 25 lbs.
the Connor that just received a medical hardship RS. yeah I can tell how you would judge a FR that missed 27 games due to injuries and Illinesses that put him into the hospital.
Connor is now working out with the Baseball team dressing for home games and working out with the BB players on the days they are away.

he is about 80% and is back up to 200 lbs after falling to 175 lbs @6'5" tall.

tell you what why don't you get Mono go into the hospital and we will see how you look.

the Connor McCaffery who suffered a ankle sprain or the Connor that had Mono which put him into the hospital that caused him to lose 25 lbs.
the Connor that just received a medical hardship RS. yeah I can tell how you would judge a FR that missed 27 games due to injuries and Illinesses that put him into the hospital.
Connor is now working out with the Baseball team dressing for home games and working out with the BB players on the days they are away.

he is about 80% and is back up to 200 lbs after falling to 175 lbs @6'5" tall.

tell you what why don't you get Mono go into the hospital and we will see how you look.
I saw him play and the announcers didn't say anything about him having any compromised condition.

I saw him play and the announcers didn't say anything about him having any compromised condition.
why should they as he only played in 4 games out of 33. and Connor was going to RS and play Baseball in the spring. this all changed when JR PG Williams quit 1 week before Iowa's 1st game, Williams was the starting PG on the European tour as Bohannon was sidelined with that foot injury, this threw everything into a tailspin. players learning new position
Moss from the SF/3 to SG/2
Baer broke his finger on his shooting hand so 7'0 Nunge played and started at the SF/3
Dailey a little used SF/3 as a FR learned and played the PG/1 as a SO
Ellingson a SG Played the PG position but missed playing and practice time because of multiple concussions.
Kriener F/C 4/5 Suffered multiple concussions missing multiple games and practices.
Garza lost game time and practice time because of concussions caused by cheap shots to the head as did the others.

unranked 3* White

Gawd, syntax makes me so moist in my nethers.

Reactions: KisteK
It's Iowa,same ole replay every year.
same ol same ol that's a load of Bull Shit,
12-13 season with 3 FR starters 9-9 6th alone
13-14 season with 3 SO starters 9-9 6th alone
14-15 season with 3 JR starters 12-6 T-3rd
15-16 season with 3 SR starters 12-6 T-3rd
16-17 season with 4 FR 10-8 t-5th
17-18 seasons 3 SO and 2 FR 4-14 12th
18-19 Season 3 JR and 1 SO and 1 FR season to be determined, only someone would that is brain dead at best would claim same ol same ol

Gawd, syntax makes me so moist in my nethers.
for a coach that so many claim CAN'T develop players then how did he develop 4 players in 4 back to back season that were all 3* players by rivals into 1st Team All BT with Uthoff a 2nd Team AA?

now either Fran is one hell of a coach or his players were grossly under rated and he didn't have enough at the same time.

and that is happening going forward with 6 4* recruits by ESPN
or 4 4* by Rivals

the 12-15 seasons there were only 2 4* players by ESPN and Rivals and that pair led Iowa to the 3rd highest win total by 4 year starters in the history of Iowa BB.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT