ADVERTISEMENT

It's officially Iowa vs Illinois Day

Eh, seems like kind of a flop but they like to call this stuff so who knows.

Pretty dumb play regardless.

The more they show it the more it just seems like a flop actually. Just kind of stuck his arm out there. Dumb announcers eat it up of course.

Then facemask guy clearly calls a TO and they give them a held ball.

Eh, seems like kind of a flop but they like to call this stuff so who knows.

Pretty dumb play regardless.

The more they show it the more it just seems like a flop actually. Just kind of stuck his arm out there. Dumb announcers eat it up of course.

Then facemask guy clearly calls a TO and they give them a held ball.

Total flop.

You saw it firsthand last night. Even FSU fans were probably like 'WTF are these guys doing? Move for goodness sake!'.
No it's fair, we definitely benefited from some easy transition points that we didn't have to work for at all. If you get a B or better performance by the guards, I see you being in any game. But that means that Love shouldn't be shooting it as much and RJ shouldn't be shooting it so much, you have too much size inside for that to happen against most teams

No it's fair, we definitely benefited from some easy transition points that we didn't have to work for at all. If you get a B or better performance by the guards, I see you being in any game. But that means that Love shouldn't be shooting it as much and RJ shouldn't be shooting it so much, you have too much size inside for that to happen against most teams

Yeah, Love is the least efficient scorer in the history of UNC basketball right now. He is literally the least efficient ever in the program in terms of players who actually take shots. Also, some of the overdribbling is because of the FSU defense. When the denial is so good it makes guys dribble too much because there is nowhere to go with the ball. There aren't many teams who can do what you guys do. However, even against other teams Love and Davis overdribble like they are still playing AAU ball.

Last edited:
Yeah, Love is the least efficient scorer in the history of UNC basketball right now. He is literally the least efficient ever in the program in terms of players who actually take shots. Also, some of the overdribbling is because of the FSU defense. When the denial is so good it makes guys dribble too much because there is nowhere to go with the ball. There aren't many teams who can do what you guys do. However, even against other teams Love and Davis overdribble like they are still playing AAU ball.
The annoying thing is that Love hit two crazy threes that were both contested by guys 6 9 or taller. And then the threes you do miss have a tendency to be rebounded by one of your guys who cover so much space with basically one step and a jump. We gave up 21 offensive boards last night, which would have tied the record before this year, which you guys annihilated earlier in the tournament. Somehow, the deficit on the boards was only 3.

I really wish we would re-discover our shooting prowess from earlier this year. It hasn't gone on the road as much, except for the Louisville game who we just seem really comfortable playing no matter where. But, I'll take a suffocating defense as long as we aren't turning it over more than 11 or 12 times a game.

The annoying thing is that Love hit two crazy threes that were both contested by guys 6 9 or taller. And then the threes you do miss have a tendency to be rebounded by one of your guys who cover so much space with basically one step and a jump. We gave up 21 offensive boards last night, which would have tied the record before this year, which you guys annihilated earlier in the tournament. Somehow, the deficit on the boards was only 3.

I really wish we would re-discover our shooting prowess from earlier this year. It hasn't gone on the road as much, except for the Louisville game who we just seem really comfortable playing no matter where. But, I'll take a suffocating defense as long as we aren't turning it over more than 11 or 12 times a game.

Yeah, Love makes some ridiculously tough shots and then airballs layups and wide open threes. So his potential is there but he is just so inefficient and is terrible at taking care of the ball. UNC just doesn't have a PG and it's tough to win against good teams thay way. OR was a pleasant surprise against your tough bigs but when you miss a thousand shots you will get some of them, lol. I think you guys had a edge early in the game and got enough to keep it close.

I remember watching you guys early on this year where it seemed like you never missed. Hope you make them tonight. Pastner annoys me.

ADVERTISEMENT